The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PugDevil
My clean sheet :frown:

I have Ibe and DDG.
As soon as the former is taken off, the latter concedes a goal... :colonhash:
Original post by mhsc
Every bit as terrible to watch as you were under LvG, huge slices of luck to win games, and Fellaini is the heart of your team. Nice.

all these flavours
Reply 2402
Retrospective punishments for clear dives should be introduced imo
Original post by difeo
all these flavours

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471183398.498853.jpg

I got you pal x
Original post by Lúcio
I have Ibe and DDG.
As soon as the former is taken off, the latter concedes a goal... :colonhash:

I had Ibe but changed him at the last min... glad I dodged that bullet :colondollar:
Zlatan looking for Mkhi - what a nice guy
Original post by PugDevil
I had Ibe but changed him at the last min... glad I dodged that bullet :colondollar:

At 5.5m he's a great option for a cheap midfielder, especially if you spent big up front.
He showed glimpses today but he's hardly gonna get you a goal/assist every game.

Put it this way, for 5.5m would you rather have Ibe or Kante (in terms of FPL points scoring)?
Blind gets the armband :love:
Original post by Lúcio
At 5.5m he's a great option for a cheap midfielder, especially if you spent big up front.
He showed glimpses today but he's hardly gonna get you a goal/assist every game.

Put it this way, for 5.5m would you rather have Ibe or Kante (in terms of FPL points scoring)?

Ibe for sure, unfortunately players like Kante aren't that great for FPL :frown: But I agree, he's a good bench option at least. I've got Janssen and Højbjerg who were promising yesterday but I hope they get a good amount of game time :redface:
Good start to the season. Bailly looks good so far. Fans will love him. Zlatan gon Zlatan.

Same story with Rooney. Looks so out of his depth.
LOL in the Arsenal thread they're getting rustled because we're already top of the table. Saying Bournemouth are the easiest game we could have had, extremely lucky, biased referee, etc.

I actually think this is a very strong Bournemouth team with some very good young players, and they gave us a good match in the first half.

Having said that, I still think we could have played much better. I have no idea why Fellaini is still at the club, let alone in the starting XI. Rooney was frankly awful today and I hope that Jose has the gonads to drop him.

I don't know Jose's track record on flexibility of formations, but I don't think we're most suited to a 4-2-3-1, especially with Pogba incoming. I don't have a full solution yet, but I'd definitely prefer a 4-3-3 or just plain 4-4-2. Ideally, it would be:

DDG
Darmian, Smaldini, Bailly, Shaw
Lingard, Pogba, Basti, Martial
Henrikh
Ibra
First three points of the season and a solid performance IMO. A slow start as Bournemouth began brightly but once we got comfortable, we played better. Ibrahimovic took his goal brilliantly and it shows why he is a much clinical option in the 10 role than Rooney who missed one chance he should have buried and as per usual, had some poor first touches. Once Pogba is back and Mourinho has a fit squad in terms of their individual fitness, then Rooney's position should be in jeopardy yet Mkhitaryan is on the bench and not too sure why..
Reply 2412
Mkhitaryan probably on the bench because he wants to give Mata a chance in these games and against teams that are better in possession of the ball than Bournemouth Mata will be on the bench for Mkhitaryan as Mkhitaryan is faster and works harder off the ball.

Basically Mourinho is likely to be using Mata as a flat track bully.

Also Rooney is not going to be dropped. He likes Rooney as he's a more industrious no.10.
Liverpool and United to battle it out for the title.

#hypetrain
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Mkhitaryan probably on the bench because he wants to give Mata a chance in these games and against teams that are better in possession of the ball than Bournemouth Mata will be on the bench for Mkhitaryan as Mkhitaryan is faster and works harder off the ball.

Basically Mourinho is likely to be using Mata as a flat track bully.

Also Rooney is not going to be dropped. He likes Rooney as he's a more industrious no.10.

Hmm I have thought this, but I'm not so sure. If he does, then why didn't he in his first season back at Chelsea?
Reply 2415
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Hmm I have thought this, but I'm not so sure. If he does, then why didn't he in his first season back at Chelsea?

1. Mourinho favoured Oscar at AM for his industry(which is the very reason why no matter what you guys say, Rooney will not be dropped) and he mentioned this at Chelsea.

2. Team struggled with pressing under RDM and Benitez, Mourinho said he wanted the team to press more from the front and track back, you have Hazard and Mata in the team and you struggle with tracking back. Hazard has a counter attacking threat and injects pace compared to Mata so it's clear who Mourinho favours.

3. Schurrle was scoring goals on the right and Mourinho felt that Mata could work on the flanks best under him, he ain't taking left flank for obvious reasons so he's left battling De Bruyne/Schurrle/Willian for a place.

Mourinho unlike what he did at Chelsea hasn't really spoke too much in detail about his tactical plans for the club.
We'll switch to 4-3-3 eventually when he drops Shrek.
Thought Rooney was actually a lot better today. I think his play suggests Jose is apply the required tactical pressure. I don't think Rooney is gonna be dropped this season at least but he's clearly adapting his game to Zlatan's requirements.

The midfield is bizarre atm. Fellaini and Herrera deep, don't think anyone saw that. They were both good but I think Pogba will obviously loom over any pairing. Would think Fellaini is getting games as he's the closest replica we have to Pogba do the system can be worked in Pogba's absence. I suggested I thought Herrera on the basis of his work rate could feature but didn't think he'd be playing deep. Again though possibly his playmaking abilities will be less sought after once Fellaini is gone, and then Morgan's defensive abilities could tip it.

Memphis will take heart in he fact he's clearly not seen as a lost cause. Horrendous decision making was still evident. Smalling will be bricking it too, that partnership doesn't look lacking in anything he brings tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rooney is ruining this team (he massively slows down our attack). Mhikitaryan should be starting games over him.

Just imagine Lingard Mhikitaryan and Martial with Zlatan in front :coma:

Then Pogba just behind with Schneiderlin or Carrick in the defensive midfield position.

That's the team I would pick and then obviously rotate players when needed and bring in Rashford if Zlatan gets tired etc.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
1. Mourinho favoured Oscar at AM for his industry(which is the very reason why no matter what you guys say, Rooney will not be dropped) and he mentioned this at Chelsea.

2. Team struggled with pressing under RDM and Benitez, Mourinho said he wanted the team to press more from the front and track back, you have Hazard and Mata in the team and you struggle with tracking back. Hazard has a counter attacking threat and injects pace compared to Mata so it's clear who Mourinho favours.

3. Schurrle was scoring goals on the right and Mourinho felt that Mata could work on the flanks best under him, he ain't taking left flank for obvious reasons so he's left battling De Bruyne/Schurrle/Willian for a place.

Mourinho unlike what he did at Chelsea hasn't really spoke too much in detail about his tactical plans for the club.

On the third point, he's fighting Mkhi, Lingard and Rashford here; competition is just as tough. Mata (your two time and current player of the year) was better than all of them at the time.

Latest