The Student Room Group

I don't want to go to my insurance

Hey,

So when I chose my insurance uni, I selected it as it was the only one of my five offers that included lower entry requirements (all the others asked for AAA, this one asked for ABB). If, on results day, worst comes to worst and I am rejected from my firm choice but would rather go into clearing than accept my insurance, can I do this and if so, how do I go about it?
Furthermore, must I decline my insurance offer before entering clearing/calling unis to discuss other options?

Thanks!
Reply 1
In order to withdraw from the insurance, should you meet that offer, you would directly contact the admissions dept. of that university and they can release you from the contract.

To be properly released into clearing you would have to withdraw from that offer.

HOWEVER I'm not 100% on whether it works like this but it may be worth calling up clearing options BEFORE withdrawing from the insurance option - so if you don't have any luck finding somewhere better you have a secure option.
Original post by person3867
Hey,

So when I chose my insurance uni, I selected it as it was the only one of my five offers that included lower entry requirements (all the others asked for AAA, this one asked for ABB). If, on results day, worst comes to worst and I am rejected from my firm choice but would rather go into clearing than accept my insurance, can I do this and if so, how do I go about it?
Furthermore, must I decline my insurance offer before entering clearing/calling unis to discuss other options?

Thanks!

Decline your insurance, maybe you can do it now? But when it comes to results day, phone the universities of your preference. But remember prepare everything before the big day. Have a list of all your courses / unis with their specific course code. And also get advice from family/friends!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can contact your insurance now and notify them of your wishes but they can't put you into clearing until results day. Yes you should decline your insurance beforehand, Universities aren't supposed to speak to you without a clearing number so the system can't be used unfairly.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
You can contact your insurance now and notify them of your wishes but they can't put you into clearing until results day. Yes you should decline your insurance beforehand, Universities aren't supposed to speak to you without a clearing number so the system can't be used unfairly.

So are you suggesting I just decline it now via UCAS or wait until results day and take it from there, sorry?
Original post by person3867
So are you suggesting I just decline it now via UCAS or wait until results day and take it from there, sorry?

Ucas does not allow that option, give your insurance a call and say something like, if I miss my firm on results day I wish for you to place me into clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending