The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4620
Original post by Serine Soul
I have absolutely no idea

I didn't mention any plans to go to uni at all

My town is so bloody deprived that there are like 600 applications per job so they had to get rid of loads ofc

Maybe they guessed? Or decided they couldn't take the risk in case you were?
Original post by tanyapotter
okay, well, 2 things:
1. if it's for a science/essay subject, you can never really be sure what you got. there's still some hope and examiners mark positively, not negatively
2. if you're a person who normally does very well (likely since you hold an offer from cambridge), then what you find difficult many more will find more difficult. this affects grade boundaries in your favour, and could just about get you enough marks needed to hit your target

Thank you, I really appreciate that :hugs:
Original post by Reexox
I rang Keele (my insurance) last week and the lady said she couldn't release me until she had my results. I'm sure that's not true? I'm sure they can release you before results. I was pretty annoyed.

Thanks for your input here . It seems it's really a hit and miss depending on the uni and I imagine they're so busy right now that they'd rather just tell people to ring again on Thursday but I don't wanna be told on Thursday that they're gonna keep me waiting for ages cause otherwise bye bye uni and hello gap year
Original post by Cadherin
I think 87/100 will be 118/120 UMS, cap should be around 88/100 and, yeah, 85/100 will be around 110/120 in my opinion.

I got that propanone one wrong I think (*******s!) as I put rate=[H+][propanone] (exactly the same) which is wrong apparently but I did well on most of the organic I think.

Maybe I'll get a mark or two for that actually, as I justified it saying 'even though propanone is in large excess, it is still in the rate-determining step, so rate equation will theoretically not change'. idk what the mark scheme will be like...

I wrote - propanone is in a large excess so its concertration is effectively constant so zero order with respect to propanone

rate = k(H+)
Hopefully that is 2 marks?
You may get a mark for saying its in excess but the point is rate defintion is CHANGE in concentration in unit time but concentration is constant so zero order? I think
Original post by fefssdf
Thanks for your input here . It seems it's really a hit and miss depending on the uni and I imagine they're so busy right now that they'd rather just tell people to ring again on Thursday but I don't wanna be told on Thursday that they're gonna keep me waiting for ages cause otherwise bye bye uni and hello gap year

That's what I'm worried about too! I hoped to get it dealt with last week so I wouldn't be as stressed on Thursday but I've just got to wait and see now. Oh well.
Original post by Effie14
I've been pretty much addicted since I bought Conquest! It does include a lot of humour, and there are certainly many quirky characters! (*Cough* Camilla *cough*)Both Birthright and Conquest have thoroughly enjoyable storylines, but they're not similar so getting both is obviously the best choice :wink: I think I enjoyed Conquest slightly more, but I haven't yet finished Birthright so we'll have to see! I'm glad to see another Fire Emblem fan on here!

I think the humour and characters of the games is what brought a lot of new fans during the last title...Awakening was a brilliant game (except the new style of the support system didn't 100% do it for me). It was so light-hearted yet heavy at the same time and the whole FE franchise is proof to me that intense gameplay isn't always needed to create a great story.

I was scared they were going to be similar just due to the nature that the paths of all the characters are bound to cross since they're, well, at war with each other. But it's good if they're not then...I'd be buying both anyway since I'm a sucker for the franchise... Will you be getting the Revelation DLC after Birthright?

And ikr, it's so difficult to find any FE fans online because it's just not a popular Nintendo outside of Japan compared to Zelda/Mario/Pokemon..although admittedly I do like it when less people know about these gems:tongue:
Original post by claireestelle
They can't do swaps or changes after a certain date so then yes they have to wait till results day to put changes through the system. They won't be in a rush to release you from your obligation so I m afraid you ll have to hope they ll be quick about it.

Do you think there's any point me ringing up my insurance tomorrow and asking to be released then or will they just tell me that they can't do anything till Thursday cause I'm likely gonna be in clearing and I'm very scared about the thought of potentially not getting into any uni if I have to wait for my insurance to release me ? Hello gap year lmao
Reply 4627
Original post by chloeabeki
YES.
Firm- A*AA
Insurance- AAA
Wish I'd chosen an AAB/ABB insurance now tbh as I'm probably going to end up in Clearing.

Me EXACTLY. I'm in the same boat and now I think i'll miss both offers :frown:. But, if it's any consolation to anybody, one of my best friends actively chose not to have an insurance to fall back on :redface: - so I hope that makes everyone feel better :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
I was normal throughout the year!

I guess you're right, I did start a few projects but lost interest quick.
I am addicted to a couple of games on my phone though :redface:

Yeah basically that. I've seen two official mark schemes too, so I'm almost certain of my grades in two units.

where are the official mark schemes?!
Original post by Reexox
That's what I'm worried about too! I hoped to get it dealt with last week so I wouldn't be as stressed on Thursday but I've just got to wait and see now. Oh well.

I'm really glad someone else is in the same situation as me . I'm not gonna meet my firm grades and given the popularity of the uni and the course I can see myself at my insurance but now I am convinced I will hate it there and that I wanna try my luck in clearing as I have a uni in mind I'd go to instead
Original post by ninjass
I wrote - propanone is in a large excess so its concertration is effectively constant so zero order with respect to propanone

rate = k(H+)
Hopefully that is 2 marks?
You may get a mark for saying its in excess but the point is rate defintion is CHANGE in concentration in unit time but concentration is constant so zero order? I think

Good point - you are right with k[H+], that's on the unofficial mark scheme.

I think/hope that's one of few mistakes I made though.
Original post by Effie14
I'm glad that you're at least getting more sleep than you did during exam season! I feel the same with the "m8 u failed" feeling, I've been having dreams of results day when I do eventually fall asleep where I just get U's :redface:You're right that I'm a FE fan, I'm just finishing the Birthright route for the first time so I'll have completed them all. I should try Lunatic though, (though I won't attempt it on Conquest right now.... Lord that route is difficult even on the easy setting - though I might just be a noob :tongue:)I take it you've played FE14 too? If so, what did you think of it?

I've too had a dream regarding my results - whilst I am very nervous, like most people here, the dream was positive. In the dream, I managed to get all As. Nothing more than a useless omen if anything and we'll see in the nights to come if it continues, and if eventually turns the other way around, but I refuse to get complacent.
Original post by fefssdf
Do you think there's any point me ringing up my insurance tomorrow and asking to be released then or will they just tell me that they can't do anything till Thursday cause I'm likely gonna be in clearing and I'm very scared about the thought of potentially not getting into any uni if I have to wait for my insurance to release me ? Hello gap year lmao

Not much of a point if you ve already spoken to them before. You re effectively creating more work for them asking to be let out of your obligation so I m afraid you ll just have to keep your fingers crossed that they ll be quick about it, sorry.
Original post by Remaine
I've too had a dream regarding my results - whilst I am very nervous, like most people here, the dream was positive. In the dream, I managed to get all As. Nothing more than a useless omen if anything and we'll see in the nights to come if it continues, and if eventually turns the other way around, but I refuse to get complacent.

I had nightmares 4 days in a row about me failing so I sometimes think my fate is decided now :frown:
Original post by Cadherin
Good point - you are right with k[H+], that's on the unofficial mark scheme.

I think/hope that's one of few mistakes I made though.

I think anything above 74 will be an A - so if you got most of it you should be fine :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Not much of a point if you ve already spoken to them before. You re effectively creating more work for them asking to be let out of your obligation so I m afraid you ll just have to keep your fingers crossed that they ll be quick about it, sorry.

Thanks for the advice ; I'll try tomorrow and see what they say but I guess I'm gonna have to consider taking a year out seeing how quick clearing places go
Original post by ninjass
I think anything above 74 will be an A - so if you got most of it you should be fine :smile:

I'm hoping for an A* but my ISA was A/B borderline apparently. So I need to make up at least 6 UMS over 108 from the papers. Not sure I've done it, but I bloody hope so.
Original post by fefssdf
Thanks for the advice ; I'll try tomorrow and see what they say but I guess I'm gonna have to consider taking a year out seeing how quick clearing places go

Depends what subject it is, some go in the first few hours but some take days to fill. Just be prepared to act quickly when you can, worst case scenario one year of your life waiting is better than a rushed decision that you regret.
Original post by mgill17
I think the humour and characters of the games is what brought a lot of new fans during the last title...Awakening was a brilliant game (except the new style of the support system didn't 100% do it for me). It was so light-hearted yet heavy at the same time and the whole FE franchise is proof to me that intense gameplay isn't always needed to create a great story.

I was scared they were going to be similar just due to the nature that the paths of all the characters are bound to cross since they're, well, at war with each other. But it's good if they're not then...I'd be buying both anyway since I'm a sucker for the franchise... Will you be getting the Revelation DLC after Birthright?

And ikr, it's so difficult to find any FE fans online because it's just not a popular Nintendo outside of Japan compared to Zelda/Mario/Pokemon..although admittedly I do like it when less people know about these gems:tongue:

I love fire emblem!!! But I prefer monster hunter :P
Original post by girl :D
is there anyone else that will NOT be checking track first

Me!

Quick Reply

Latest