The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by target21859
I love fire emblem!!! But I prefer monster hunter :P

Admittedly I've never played MH:frown: I usually stick with one offs or franchises I've grown up around...maybe I should expand:tongue:
Anybody do Edexcel History- Kaiser to Fuhrer?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Anybody do Edexcel History- Kaiser to Fuhrer?

I did!
Original post by claireestelle
Depends what subject it is, some go in the first few hours but some take days to fill. Just be prepared to act quickly when you can, worst case scenario one year of your life waiting is better than a rushed decision that you regret.

The course is quite popular and the uni is a Russel group and I don't have any other backup unis that I would happily apply to so it's either get in to That one or don't go at all but I guess a gap year wouldn't be that bad like so many people have to retake things and applying again would take up time anyways and seeing as I think I'm gonna get equivalent grades for my firms's offer I guess I could try and apply there again ahaha ; gosh this uncertainty is killing me
Original post by zoex101
oh dear!!! =( Id say hey future course mate but im not quite sure if i'm getting in at the moment :biggrin: how about leniency with equivalent grades, what's the chances of me being let in with A*BB?

Do you think you've met the offer?

Same to you haha!

Idk if Birmingham does the kind of grade equivalent stuff for results and offers but i would have thought they would.. what did they offer you??

I honestly can't tell, they needed ABB from me which i did think i could make/exceed but atm i'm being pessimistic so as to not avoid disappointment if i don't get it :biggrin:
Original post by izzy_hill
I did!

sweeet! How did you find it, can you remember which questions you did?
Original post by mgill17
I think the humour and characters of the games is what brought a lot of new fans during the last title...Awakening was a brilliant game (except the new style of the support system didn't 100% do it for me). It was so light-hearted yet heavy at the same time and the whole FE franchise is proof to me that intense gameplay isn't always needed to create a great story.

I was scared they were going to be similar just due to the nature that the paths of all the characters are bound to cross since they're, well, at war with each other. But it's good if they're not then...I'd be buying both anyway since I'm a sucker for the franchise... Will you be getting the Revelation DLC after Birthright?

And ikr, it's so difficult to find any FE fans online because it's just not a popular Nintendo outside of Japan compared to Zelda/Mario/Pokemon..although admittedly I do like it when less people know about these gems:tongue:

It's hard to not spoil the games while still writing well about them, so sorry if I don't do the games justice! Conquest is a massive battle all the way through, against your Hoshidan siblings, as well as your Nohrian ones at times. Trying to defeat the evil from the inside is enjoyable but definitely dark at points. Birthright, despite being more lighthearted does bring different tragedies that you have to work to fix, though your Hoshidan siblings are more compliant than your Nohrian ones :tongue:

I've actually already finished Revelations and... Damn, it's breathtaking. The storyline is genuinely wonderful with twists and turns at every corner.Conquest is definitely the hardest of all three, whereas Birthright is the "easiest" (but it's still not easy, for sure!) I kinda enjoy having fewer people know of its worth too, it gives it more meaning for me for some reason :tongue:
The bricks are really starting to hit now
Original post by Effie14
It's hard to not spoil the games while still writing well about them, so sorry if I don't do the games justice! Conquest is a massive battle all the way through, against your Hoshidan siblings, as well as your Nohrian ones at times. Trying to defeat the evil from the inside is enjoyable but definitely dark at points. Birthright, despite being more lighthearted does bring different tragedies that you have to work to fix, though your Hoshidan siblings are more compliant than your Nohrian ones :tongue:

I've actually already finished Revelations and... Damn, it's breathtaking. The storyline is genuinely wonderful with twists and turns at every corner.Conquest is definitely the hardest of all three, whereas Birthright is the "easiest" (but it's still not easy, for sure!) I kinda enjoy having fewer people know of its worth too, it gives it more meaning for me for some reason :tongue:

Trust me, nothing could put me off the games:h:
I think I'd start with Conquest..I feel like it just has a darker feel surrounding it...
And I love a good tragedy fuelled storyline..one of my friends is actually playing Birthright rn and she was screaming at her DS at one point so I'm so ready!
I love stories with twists in...I'm so excited now to play all of them omg
Original post by Vannzzoo
The bricks are really starting to hit now

Same :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Politics is what I'm the most worried about :erm: and I keep talking about it - I just can't stop thinking about how silly I had been in the exams. :cry:
Reply 4651
Really don't want to look at the grade boundaries because they'll make me panic, but I have no will power, i think only a straight jacket can stop me:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am too excited to look at grade boundaries tbh I feel like such a nerd.

I am praying Sociology has low ones.
As results day rapidly approaches I spend more time looking like this image.jpg
*internally screaming every time the clock strikes midnight*
Original post by Inexorably
I am too excited to look at grade boundaries tbh I feel like such a nerd.

I am praying Sociology has low ones.

Yes!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm genuinely looking at BTEC courses that my college offer in case I don't get the grades to go onto A2 .... xDD
Original post by Caver
I'm genuinely looking at BTEC courses that my college offer in case I don't get the grades to go onto A2 .... xDD

What grades do you need to pass onto A2?
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
What grades do you need to pass onto A2?

minimum DDD :tongue:
3 days...

Quick Reply

Latest