The Student Room Group

Which language should I take?

At my uni there is the option to take a language free of charge. Which one should I take?

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish
Original post by niteninja1
At my uni there is the option to take a language free of charge. Which one should I take?

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

Which ones/ones are you most interested in learning? :smile:
Reply 2
The one you are most interested in. Taking one because it's easier/"more useful" will not go down well if you can't enjoy it.

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

FRENCH! :biggrin:
U won't regret it! :yep:But pick what u find most interesting, will benefit from most, maybe if u studied it before and enjoyed it/wanted to but didnt have the chance or just like the sound of one?

Spoiler

Reply 4
I never liked languages at GCSE

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

Take the language which is easier for you to learn and which makes you more fun. Learning languages without fun is wuit difficult as I found out. Have you tried out which of those languages suit to you? maybe there is an one which you would love to learn all the wile? *

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

China is going to run the world in a few years so I say Mandarin.
Lithuanian. Easiest language right behind English.

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

I'd vote German or Mandarin personally
Frencccchhhh :h:
Mandarin is the most spoken language around the world(?) so it could be useful. French will probably be the easiest to learn and again will probably come in useful.
I never liked languages at GCSE

Why did you begin to like languages at once, if I may ask? what was changed since GSCE?*
I still don't like languages but it's FREE
Doesn't mean you HAVE to take a language.
Arabic, it's a wonderful language!
Mandarin would only be needed if you planned on physically moving to China to work, and most would agree Chinese culture isn't the most welcoming one for foreigners. Personally I'd go for either Spanish, German or Russian. That said, Japanese and Mandarin are notoriously difficult for foreigners to learn and almost everyone you meet in your professional life will immediately assume you're a genius if you can speak either. This can be a pretty useful impression to have on those with hiring/firing power over you.

Modern Standard Arabic
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Brazilian Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

Take Spanish or Italian, they seem to be easier than the other languages from your list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending