The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

hi guys
I sat my UKCAT today and am unsure of the results..
I got:
VR 540
QR 740
AR 690
SJ band 1
Average 657
will this score be of disadvantage to me?
Original post by raniafern
Well, well, well :colone: I'm done with my UKCAT! :woo:

:party: :party: :party:

Congratulations!!!!! :h::grouphugs:How did it go?
So its a week till my UKCAT and im really struggling with VR still! and the real thing is apparently harder this year. I have been doing the techquie of scanning for key words but i can either never find them or i find it impossible to make a valid inference in the time given. I think its too late to try and switch to anotehr techquie and i dont know what to do.
Can you choose when to book your test?
Thanks
Original post by zak7399
Can you choose when to book your test?
Thanks

Yes, all the available dates are on the site.
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
I think you count ucas points based on your predicted A2s. You do have a high score in the ukcat and section 1 of the bmat is similar to it, depends if you're up for it :smile:

Ah ok predicts are AABB plus A* in EPQ but I'm hoping for AAAC because I really messed up one of the maths papers😖
(edited 7 years ago)

Awesome! :smile: how was it?

Yeah come on suspense is killing me😄
My test is tomorrow, hopefully it goes well! Thank you guys for the advice :smile: I am so nervous though.

What was your score
Original post by Chikku_7
My test is tomorrow, hopefully it goes well! Thank you guys for the advice :smile: I am so nervous though.

Ah good luck👍 How have your practise tests gone?
Original post by Charms tee
Ah good luck👍 How have your practise tests gone?

I have been averaging: 650, 670 and 710. I have been quite consistent in my results, been getting the same score in VR - 650 each time haha.

Best of luck!!!!!
Original post by clairebear101
So its a week till my UKCAT and im really struggling with VR still! and the real thing is apparently harder this year. I have been doing the techquie of scanning for key words but i can either never find them or i find it impossible to make a valid inference in the time given. I think its too late to try and switch to anotehr techquie and i dont know what to do.

Try scanning through the answers first and instead of diving in looking for the first option see Which one sounds most like it could be correct and is reasonable then scan for that; that's what I have been doing, most of the time the first or second scan is right as one or two are normally ridiculous and couldn't be right. It saves a lot of time :smile:
Original post by isabella1999
Anyone find medify mock 2 way harder than mock 1? Got 740 average for mock 1 but only 690 in mock 2, plz don't say this is only me :s-smilie:

I did much better on mock 2 surprisingly :tongue: My average went from 723 to 753!
For the quantitative reasoning is it better to look at the data or the question first?
Original post by alde123
For the quantitative reasoning is it better to look at the data or the question first?

I would say the question first so you know what to look for in the data. Good luck!
Ok thanks:smile:
Original post by natalia.medicine
Yes, all the available dates are on the site.

Good luck 🙏🏾
To any aspiring or successful medics I would like to know how to prepare for this UKCAT business. Time is of the essence and there is no room for failure. Also what is the BMAT? Hella confused about what is actually required for Med school specifically. Does one have to do both tests? Thanky and Dieu vous bénissez.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending