The Student Room Group

ABB offers with ACCC at AS.

Hey, I got ACCC for my AS Levels, can I still apply to unis which ask for the likes of ABB and maybe get an offer?
Original post by IComputerScience
Hey, I got ACCC for my AS Levels, can I still apply to unis which ask for the likes of ABB and maybe get an offer?

It really depends on what your A2 teachers will predict you.

Most teachers/schools tend to over-predict to a fair amount like ABBC or ABC or BBCC, etc.

They will look at your scores and if you were a few marks of the next grade and show them within the first few weeks of your A2 study that you mean to work hard throughout the year, then they will predict you something that's achievable like BBC. They might predict you ABB. But of course, A2 is a lot harder than AS so they will be reluctant to give you a grade they think you won't achieve.

Show them you mean business and follow suit throughout the year. It doesn't matter if they predict you ABB and then it comes to Results Day and you haven't got that because you didn't work as hard as you could.

Good luck!
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
It really depends on what your A2 teachers will predict you.

Most teachers/schools tend to over-predict to a fair amount like ABBC or ABC or BBCC, etc.

They will look at your scores and if you were a few marks of the next grade and show them within the first few weeks of your A2 study that you mean to work hard throughout the year, then they will predict you something that's achievable like BBC. They might predict you ABB. But of course, A2 is a lot harder than AS so they will be reluctant to give you a grade they think you won't achieve.

Show them you mean business and follow suit throughout the year. It doesn't matter if they predict you ABB and then it comes to Results Day and you haven't got that because you didn't work as hard as you could.

Good luck!

Sorry i chanced upon this thread...
Did you say, they look at your scores?.. like your UMS?...
Original post by IComputerScience

Sure! Be really tenacious and bug your teachers again and again to give you those B predictions! If anything having an ABB offer from a uni should motivate you even more to do well in your A levels :smile:
Original post by Someboady
Sorry i chanced upon this thread...
Did you say, they look at your scores?.. like your UMS?...

Who's "they" university admissions or teachers?
Reply 5
I got ACCC at AS, but put off applying until I'd done the odd resit and had my A2 results, which were A*AA, which would have been my offer. So you could do an impromptu gap yah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Who's "they" university admissions or teachers?

Oh sorry, my bad. I thought you were referring to University admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending