The Student Room Group

What will your life be like in 2030?

Scroll to see replies

I'll be 37 :gasp:

Dunno. I hope I have a partner and kids. That's all I can say really.

I'll still be cycling fit :dumbells:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Platopus
Either

1. Good job, family, nice house.

Or

2. Working at McDonalds, alone, living on the streets.

All depends on what happens next Thursday.

Spoiler

Haha you'll be fine :biggrin:
I'd be 35 :K: I hope be a multi-million author by that point :colone:

More realistically, I would just be happy to be working for a magazine in a higher up position and to own my very own house, married and two kids :biggrin:
image.jpeg
I will be old :cookie:
I'll be 30 O.o
Hopefully, I'll be a qualified veterinary surgeon, married or in a long-term relationship and generally happy and healthy :smile:
I'll be 28 :eek:
and probably in prison for driving over the speed limit too much---maybe
and I'll be working as a forensic scientist or detective.....
and the world will be 14 yrs older:frown:...thats how old i am now
I might kill myself by then .
I'll probably be alone or with an adopted kid that I'll pick based on his/her intelligence.
I'll have a cat. I'll be a scientist doing research(hopefully) .
I'll still drink tea and suck lemons .
I'd like to be a member of the Science party , trying to make it more famous and appealing.
In case of WWIII I'll be a deserter ( I don't really care who's gonna win ) and if I'm lucky enough I'll move to Iceland forever.
Or perhaps be part of the UN if it still exists ( our future unique country ... hopefully if humanity makes it till that point ).
Original post by niteninja1
image.jpeg

Actually British science is going to decline after Brexit since science funding will be less in future years.
What makes you think that Farage cares about science ?
I'll be 32, hopefully a latin teacher or even head of department in a nice school somewhere, living in a nice small house with a dog and a cat and beginning the process of adopting a child
Original post by Vesniep
Actually British science is going to decline after Brexit since science funding will be less in future years.

UKIP have always said they would prioritise STEM and reduce funding for the arts
Original post by Vesniep

Brexit is a good thing
Also the government has committed to maintaining all funding
UKIP have always said they would prioritise STEM and reduce funding for the arts

However the result is that British science will get less funding , because EU funded most scientific programs.

Brexit is a good thing

Ohhh now you persuaded me . You presented arguments based on evidence and you reached that conclusion.
So brexit doesn't have positive and (mostly) negative impacts on the British economy and way of life , it's just ' a good thing ' in general .
Also the government has committed to maintaining all funding

And why are scientists so worried about scientific careers in Britain .
Is it just an irrational fear ?
You know scientists and experts were always the irrational , while the 51.8% reached the rational conclusion that they'll be better outside the EU (based on facts of course , it was surely not an emotional response)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vesniep
And why are scientists so worried about scientific careers in Britain .
Of course scientists have a long history of irrationality , so WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT THEM

The chancellor only announced the commitment a few days ago
The chancellor only announced the commitment a few days ago

Any links?
35! Crikey. Hopefully I'll be working in wildlife conservation or as an ecological consultant, have a nice little house in the country and be surrounded by cats.

It'll back EU-funded projects ( these are mostly short-term )
It doesn't promise anything about any new science projects .
We are now talking about a short period until PM trigers article 50 (which won't happen in 2016 as she said) , there are no long term commitments.
The british government was not a huge supporter of british science all these years , EU was .
All these top scientists and experts were against Brexit regarding science (stephen hawking, richard dawkins are two names I can recall)
Many brexiters claimed that scientists should not only care about themselves (yeah as if science funding is only beneficial to scientists) and vote for brexit if they really care about the nation as a whole.
If only british science becomes more international ( multinational science projects tend to be more successful http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/boundary-conditions/ ) and with greater funding , but then UK could achieve this inside the EU as well.

Quick Reply