The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the.chantele
I want to do Law and l was wondering if l get AAA in my A-levels, would they take into account my GCSE grades? (because l was too stupid back then)
It depends on the university. Most won't but some universities for some courses look at GCSEs, my firm choice uni for English for example requires a minimum of an A grade in GCSE English Lit. The uni would state the GCSE grade in its entry requirements and as part of their offer if they do require it.
(edited 7 years ago)
What do i do when I've accepted an unconditional and i dont mind going to a uni. But i want to go to another uni (since i think i done better than i thought). Is there anyway to get out of an unconditional on results day and accepted another uni?
When you look on clearing and see your course:

Original post by fefssdf
can anyone here offer me some advice ?

I've just rang up my insurance uni asking them to release me so that i can use clearing if my firm rejects me, and they said they can't do anything and to ring up again on thursday.

I've been told however it can takes unis days to release you into clearing and i know clearing places for the good unis go lightening fast so I'm just thinking should i ring up the unis and tell them that I'm waiting for my insurance to release me and if so would they ' hold ' my place ??

thanks so much in advance

I know the uni of Sheffield holds places but I don't think you wanna go there do you ?
Checking in to wish all here good luck! I don't envy you all with the harrowing wait but all will be well :smile:
Could this mean I'm in or is it just a standard answer. It's just the "you will receive..." bit makes it sound like I got in :smile:
image.jpeg
Original post by ToastiestZombie
When you look on clearing and see your course:

Exactly how I feel. My course entered clearing on Saturday. I've been freaking out since.
Original post by excellentyiu
wht kind of preparation shd i be doing before results day??
i did some and looking up on clearing stuff
but im not sure how to be prepared

only doing work makes me less afraid of results coming loll

That is good prep for now, all you can do at the moment is prepare yourself for the fact that things may not work out how you had hoped but know that it isn't the end of the road and there is always something you can do (clearing, retakes etc...) this anticipation is the worst bit and I'm sure everything will work out. Try and distract yourself from dwelling on it and stressing yourself out, when you have free time watch a new TV series or read a book I find that you get immersed in the fictional world and you don't think about results day.
Original post by target21859
Could this mean I'm in or is it just a standard answer. It's just the "you will receive..." bit makes it sound like I got in :smile:
image.jpeg
seems standard to me, but you never know Uni's do know our results now I believe.
Original post by Franckenstar
Exactly how I feel. My course entered clearing on Saturday. I've been freaking out since.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Guessing your course needs decently high marks? Not everyone can get those, but if you believe you did well you should get them yourself, right?

...right?
metro4.jpg

Reaction to missing your Firm and Insurance Offer by only a grade
Original post by Franckenstar

Freaking out? Isn't that a good thing though? Or should i be worried too
Original post by zzdevzz
What do i do when I've accepted an unconditional and i dont mind going to a uni. But i want to go to another uni (since i think i done better than i thought). Is there anyway to get out of an unconditional on results day and accepted another uni?
. You would have to call them up and ask to be released from the contract you have agreed to by accepting the offer I believe. They may not release you from it however so you'll have to see what happens.
Original post by Sugar_1998
yh edexcel, i just hate the fact everyone found it so easy ahhh

It wasn't as easy as everyone made it out to be....it happens every year
Original post by Guardianbright
seems standard to me, but you never know Uni's do know our results now I believe.

Wish I could say something like: "psst what are my results? I'll keep it a secret :wink:" lol
What does clearing means in this context ???
Original post by Guardianbright
That is good prep for now, all you can do at the moment is prepare yourself for the fact that things may not work out how you had hoped but know that it isn't the end of the road and there is always something you can do (clearing, retakes etc...) this anticipation is the worst bit and I'm sure everything will work out. Try and distract yourself from dwelling on it and stressing yourself out, when you have free time watch a new TV series or read a book I find that you get immersed in the fictional world and you don't think about results day.

thanks
the school's head of sixth form / careers always disappears when u need them :v
Edexcel! Where are the stats mark schemes???
Original post by medhopeeful
Hey people! I've applied for biomedicine and my firm is Brighton for BBB. I'm not sure if I want that anymore. Could I go to a better uni i.e somewhere like liverpool or Manchester with the same grades through clearing? If they have spaces? Or would those unis want the grade requirements that they had in the first place?

Manchester and loads of other places were off clearing for biomedicine and biochemistry the last time I checked (2 days ago). It seems to be a really popular course
Original post by lucabrasi98
Freaking out? Isn't that a good thing though? Or should i be worried too
a lot of the clearing courses were decided waaaay before Uni's got results guys, Uni's aren't capped on how many places they can give out so lots of courses will be on clearing as the uni will make more money. If anything they may be more lenient with accepting people who just missed the offer if they wish to fill up the course.

Quick Reply

Latest