The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sljca
A lot of induction stuff. I think this is going to be a very interesting job!!!

Have they explained the training process; will it be structured around set times or more of an 'on the job' thing?

I'm just wondering if they will expect holidays to be taken at specific times.
Reply 801
I too got the email for O grade in Belfast. Took me completely by surprise. I've been a temporary worker in the Child Maintenance Service since Jan '14; so glad to finally be a permanent civil servant and have some job security.
Reply 802
Email for glasgow start date 5th septemer enforcement and compliance WMBC.....anyone give me any insight to the role ? Looking forward to leaving DWP
Reply 803
Original post by Doll Parts
Have they explained the training process; will it be structured around set times or more of an 'on the job' thing?

I'm just wondering if they will expect holidays to be taken at specific times.

I think it's more on the job. I haven't had full details yet.
Original post by sw1981
Completely taken by surprise after receiving a provisional offer for Belfast!!! Was sent an email asking if I would consider Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London, and after hearing nothing since mid-May had given up 99% of hope! Just hope I pass these pre-employment things now! Almost a full year since applying!

Original post by L16
Hi, I got the same email! Can not believe it!

I assume you applied to HO. Were you on the reserve lists? Did you not make it after the interview? What score did you score at the interview?
Original post by jjmellor
I assume you applied to HO. Were you on the reserve lists? Did you not make it after the interview? What score did you score at the interview?

I was on the reserve list since December! Scored 555 at interview.
Reply 806
Original post by jjmellor

Original post by sw1981

Yes, I was on the reserve list since December and also scored 555 at interview.
Original post by sw1981

did you apply last august? i dont understand how you have been offered the HO post when i scored 665 and was offered an officer post.

the whole thing is very confusing with multiple recruitments.
Lol... Poor Sinead 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 809
Original post by sineadmm
did you apply last august? i dont understand how you have been offered the HO post when i scored 665 and was offered an officer post.

the whole thing is very confusing with multiple recruitments.

I assume this user has been appointed to an Officer role as there was no reserve list for HO. If I'm reading it right, they applied under the O/HO position that closed in Sept'15
Exactly Ballso 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ballso
I assume this user has been appointed to an Officer role as there was no reserve list for HO. If I'm reading it right, they applied under the O/HO position that closed in Sept'15

must have misread their comment. this whole recruitment has been so poor that it wouldnt have surprised me!
A lot of upheaval across the civil service as a whole atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MegaMal45
Lol... Poor Sinead 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

grow up. shouldnt you be off somewhere compaining you cant get a job because of sectarianism?
Reply 814
Original post by sw1981
Did you receive an email asking about working in other locations?

Yeah I received the email about other locations and now a provisional offer when I had lost all hope for that campaign. Really can't believe it.

What is the fastest turnaround anyone has had for their checks?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MegaMal45
Lol... Poor Sinead 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh dear, nothing worse than a keyboard warrior!
Hi Everyone,

Quick question, four of my friends who have all had experience in HMRC at Higher Executive Officer grades or higher are looking to set up a company to help applicants with their applications to civil service jobs. For example, reviewing individual competencies, providing guidance on how to hit the higher marks and interview preparation and support.

I Just wanted to know what people would want out of a service like that and would you use it?
Original post by phenominal.will
Hi Everyone,

Quick question, four of my friends who have all had experience in HMRC at Higher Executive Officer grades or higher are looking to set up a company to help applicants with their applications to civil service jobs. For example, reviewing individual competencies, providing guidance on how to hit the higher marks and interview preparation and support.

I Just wanted to know what people would want out of a service like that and would you use it?

Sounds like you're opening yourself up for a whole load of trouble when people who pay for help don't get a job and want their money back.*
Thanks for the feedback Mega,

The value to the customers will be hands on support from four individuals who have all scored highly in competencies and have secured senior roles within the civil service.

Whilst the company wouldn't guarantee anyone a job, it allows them access to strengthen their competencies by getting one to one support from individuals who have been through the process, have been involved in interviewing prospects and have done sifts on applications too.
Original post by phenominal.will
Thanks for the feedback Mega,

The value to the customers will be hands on support from four individuals who have all scored highly in competencies and have secured senior roles within the civil service.

Whilst the company wouldn't guarantee anyone a job, it allows them access to strengthen their competencies by getting one to one support from individuals who have been through the process, have been involved in interviewing prospects and have done sifts on applications too.

I would certainly hope they are not thinking about doing this as current civil servants, because that is definitely going to be frowned upon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending