The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathsmad123
It wasn't as easy as everyone made it out to be....it happens every year

The problem is it was easier than last year's which was 68 for an A* and 62 for an A
Reply 4921
Original post by Guardianbright
a lot of the clearing courses were decided waaaay before Uni's got results guys, Uni's aren't capped on how many places they can give out so lots of courses will be on clearing as the uni will make more money. If anything they may be more lenient with accepting people who just missed the offer if they wish to fill up the course.

Unis aren't capped by facilities actually. Plus STEM subjects are loss making for unis so they don't go up for making money.
Original post by somevirtualguy
The problem is it was easier than last year's which was 68 for an A* and 62 for an A

I feel the last part of the Vectors question caught out a lot of strong candidates as lots came out the exam quite worried despite the fact it wasn't a truly difficult paper. I'd argue the grade boundaries will be very similar to last year because 69 or 70 for an A* is rather quite high and something I only ever see with FP2 and S2 so please can we pray :P
Original post by Swifty139
I feel the last part of the Vectors question caught out a lot of strong candidates as lots came out the exam quite worried despite the fact it wasn't a truly difficult paper. I'd argue the grade boundaries will be very similar to last year because 69 or 70 for an A* is rather quite high and something I only ever see with FP2 and S2 so please can we pray :P

I hope you're right 😂
Original post by Aph
Unis aren't capped by facilities actually. Plus STEM subjects are loss making for unis so they don't go up for making money.
. Well obviously not all subjects fit that criteria. I assume you meant that they ARE limited by facilities which is obviously true, when I said they are not capped on how many places they can give out I was referencing the recent relax in rules meaning that universities if they have the facilities to do so can give out far more places than in previous years due to a removal of caps previously placed on them. Regardless, my point was that people shouldn't panic simply because their course is clearing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Someone just kill me now pls
Original post by RedRum99
Someone just kill me now pls

Reply 4927
Why are most courses at Lancaster uni in clearing?
Near every results day, I get obsessed with a Lana Del Rey song.

Sums it up, given how depressing her music is
When are edexcel and AQA grade bounderies released.
Original post by target21859
Could this mean I'm in or is it just a standard answer. It's just the "you will receive..." bit makes it sound like I got in :smile:
image.jpeg

certainly doesn't hint at any "you got in!" to me, it's just saying you will receive this (but they obviously don't want to put "if you get in") so I'd argue it's just a standard email
Original post by Kraixo
When are edexcel and AQA grade bounderies released.

Edexcel: 00:00 on Wednesday 17th August.
AQA: Around 08:30-09:00 on Wednesday 17th August.
Original post by Serine Soul
Near every results day, I get obsessed with a Lana Del Rey song.

Sums it up, given how depressing her music is

Same same although I like Lana anyway. Which one are you obsessed with right now haha?
Original post by Guardianbright
Same same although I like Lana anyway. Which one are you obsessed with right now haha?

Without You :heart:

Though I sometimes find myself singing the lyrics of Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' to it :colonhash: That Taylor, stole Lana's tune
Original post by justthatboy
wait for your results, if your happy with them then apply. but personally i would say apply regardless what grade you got. i got fairly similar grade to u and i have an offer for chemical engineering at cambridge

Ah that's great!! What were your gcse grades like? and also what did you talk about in your personal statement?
How generally significant are the variations in Grade Boundaries? If this were last year I needed to get 53/80 to get an A in both BUSS3 and BUSS4, and seeing as I was working at around 60/80 and 70/80 beforehand I want a good buffer (though in BUSS3 I do have a mark increase due to circumstances which could bump me up)
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Thought I'd post here in the runup to this.

Who, despite constantly getting consistent As and A*s in all practice papers beforehand, is still bricking themselves over this? I need to get AAB, the exact results I got last year, yet I don't see any scenario in which I will have done so. All my teachers are ones who've been marking for years now but I can't trust their judgement in all the mocks and practices I did. It's like nothing can get my mind off of failure and it sucks, probably the reason I'm up at 1am. These three days can't go fast enough.

For the record I'm doing Business, English Lit and Film, the first of which is what I'm going on to study. All three have always had relatively low grade boundaries so I'm interested in seeing what they are this year.

Hi,
Did you do the aqa business papers?
Original post by Serine Soul
Without You :heart:

Though I sometimes find myself singing the lyrics of Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' to it :colonhash: That Taylor, stole Lana's tune

Haha! Without You isn't even the most depressing! Although I have to admit this results day I'm also obsessed with two of the new Tom Odell songs 'concrete' and 'I thought I knew what love was' :smile: anything melancholy goes really.
Any hopeful medics on here waiting for their results? I just want to get this over with...
Anyone else like watching youtube videos of people opening thier results?

Quick Reply

Latest