The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

I've got my ukcat tomorrow and ive been getting around 650 avg for my mocks.... Is the real exam easier?
Anyone done Kaplan mock test 2? Slightly worried because I only got 2090.
I always have about 14 mins left in the sjt section after I finished all the questions. What should I do in this time or should I slow down?
Original post by Pra99
Anyone done Kaplan mock test 2? Slightly worried because I only got 2090.

Sounds about right, I got 2,080. Test 5 is brutal with QR though :frown:
Reply 2224
I have continued to get progressively worse in my mocks.... tomorrow may just be a very sad day. On the plus side, the only section which has stayed consistent is VR which will hopefully work in my favour with that being the hardest section in the real thing.
Did anyone else find the AR in mock C RIDICULOUS
Original post by studentsixth
Sounds about right, I got 2,080. Test 5 is brutal with QR though :frown:

I find the Kaplan QR in general quite difficult. What did you get in the first mock? Also, how are you finding the AR in these mocks?
Original post by Candy2511
hi guys
I sat my UKCAT today and am unsure of the results..
I got:
VR 540
QR 740
AR 690
SJ band 1
Average 657
will this score be of disadvantage to me?

Congratulations on your score! Your score is around/slightly above average, so it puts you in a comfortable position for most universities. Just avoid UKCAT heavy universities, and if you feel you can do well in it, maybe consider applying to a BMAT university?
Anyone else find Medify's SJ a bit odd?
Advice anyone? I have now booked my ukcat for 15th September, I haven't started any revision at all, is it too late? Or to early? And what are the best strategies for revision. All help appreciated :smile:
Got 680, band 3.
What implications does this have for me? :/
Original post by Skhuram99
Advice anyone? I have now booked my ukcat for 15th September, I haven't started any revision at all, is it too late? Or to early? And what are the best strategies for revision. All help appreciated :smile:

No, it's okay, you have exactly a month which is just enough. You could attempt some questions in the official UKCAT site (http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/menu.aspx?pack=2a35c9e1-ef11-449f-9762-3d5a3692550f) and look at your weaknesses. Then, you could buy a subsctiption to medify.co.uk which is an online platform that simulates the style of the exam. You could also by the 1000 UKCAT questions book by ISC medical although the questions are way too hard compared to the questions you are likely to get. Other good books are the one by Kaplan and " Mastering the UKCAT" by Dr Nordstrom. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask me any questions. :smile:
Original post by MoshBosh
9 days to go for me, kinda nervous still! wbu?

Mines on the 24th too! Which centre are you sitting it in?
Original post by Gogregg
Congratulations on your score! Your score is around/slightly above average, so it puts you in a comfortable position for most universities. Just avoid UKCAT heavy universities, and if you feel you can do well in it, maybe consider applying to a BMAT university?

Thanks for the advice :smile:
I was initially planning on applying to Kings, Barts the london, UEA and Imperial. but after doing the UKCAT, I am reconsidering my options..
Now I am thinking along the lines of Nottingham, Sheffield, UEA and imperial. I am cautious of applying to more than one BMAT university as I am unsure of the result..
Original post by Candy2511
Thanks for the advice :smile:
I was initially planning on applying to Kings, Barts the london, UEA and Imperial. but after doing the UKCAT, I am reconsidering my options..
Now I am thinking along the lines of Nottingham, Sheffield, UEA and imperial. I am cautious of applying to more than one BMAT university as I am unsure of the result..

I'm applying to UEA as well! :biggrin:
Also, you might want to have a quick look over the Nottingham scoring system, just to make sure you get a sufficiently high score :smile:
I think you may have a chance at Barts if you have a high UCAS tariff, but I'm not certain, I've never really considered them :colondollar:
But other than that, your choices sound good :h:
Original post by Pra99
I find the Kaplan QR in general quite difficult. What did you get in the first mock? Also, how are you finding the AR in these mocks?

AR is good, I get 700-730 at the moment due to time pressure. Without, I usually get 780 so it's just adapting to the 13 minute limit. However I got 570 in the third test which was when I started to properly time myself.

My first mock I got 670, 670, 700. Personally I'm not a fan of Kaplan's mocks. Medify and the official ones are so much better
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studentsixth
AR is good, I get 700-730 at the moment due to time pressure. Without, I usually get 780 so it's just adapting to the 13 minute limit. However I got 570 in the third test which was when I started to properly time myself.

My first mock I got 670, 670, 700. Personally I'm not a fan of Kaplan's mocks. Medify and the official ones are so much better

Isnt Medify meant to be easier than the actual exam, though?
Where would you guys suggest applying with a UKCAT of 723 band 3 and achieved 42 IB points? I'm an international applicant.
Original post by Talisia13
I am defiantly prepared but I don't feel confident! I'm literally terrified

Aw! Honestly don't worry about it, just go in there try your best and no matter what happens don't ever doubt your ability to do amazingly well. Good luck!
Original post by agahaga
Got 680, band 3.
What implications does this have for me? :/

Are you applying as an undergraduate or a graduate?
How do the percentages on medify compare to actual scores? Like, what percentages should i be looking at if i wanna get mid 700s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending