The Student Room Group

Epq help!

Hi there,

I am ever so confused as to how to tackle this epq. My title is To what extent have current Conservative Party policies made us poorer (post 2010)?

I really need some help with the intro and structure! Any advice will be of immense help. Thank you in advance!
Which exam board are you doing your EPQ with? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Which exam board are you doing your EPQ with? :smile:

Thank you so much for replying. AQA.
Original post by Rabia.Nishat
Thank you so much for replying. AQA.

No problem! I did my EPQ with AQA too :smile:

My EPQ introduction was structured like this:

The question I am researching is '[the title question]'. The aim of this project is to [briefly describe what you're going to research and what you hope to find out].

Sources of information I will use in my research are [e.g. books, television programmes, online resources such as Internet search engines etc].

The report will be laid out with [briefly describe the structure of the essay].

I then went into further detail about what I was researching in my project after the introduction.

My EPQ was based on researching and comparing the different theories for the extinction of the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous, to find out whether the theory of an asteroid impact was actually the most likely. Therefore, I split my essay up into sections, firstly researching each of the theories I identified in my research, then comparing each of them against the asteroid impact theory, and I came to a conclusion at the end.

Perhaps you could do something similar, i.e. researching each of the Conservative Party policies, then how they have affected the wealth of the UK, and then a conclusion at the end? (I have no knowledge of your topic, so I apologise if that doesn't make sense) :colondollar:
No problem! I did my EPQ with AQA too :smile:

My EPQ introduction was structured like this:

The question I am researching is '[the title question]'. The aim of this project is to [briefly describe what you're going to research and what you hope to find out].

Sources of information I will use in my research are [e.g. books, television programmes, online resources such as Internet search engines etc].

The report will be laid out with [briefly describe the structure of the essay].

I then went into further detail about what I was researching in my project after the introduction.

My EPQ was based on researching and comparing the different theories for the extinction of the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous, to find out whether the theory of an asteroid impact was actually the most likely. Therefore, I split my essay up into sections, firstly researching each of the theories I identified in my research, then comparing each of them against the asteroid impact theory, and I came to a conclusion at the end.

Perhaps you could do something similar, i.e. researching each of the Conservative Party policies, then how they have affected the wealth of the UK, and then a conclusion at the end? (I have no knowledge of your topic, so I apologise if that doesn't make sense) :colondollar:

Oh no! It makes perfect sense! :smile: I was going to do something similar, I have stuff to read, I just don't know what makes it an A* piece of work. I was thinking of giving a brief introduction into the political atmosphere post 2010, and then listing different welfare policies. It's just all a bit hazy. It feels like there's no direction to it, and I didn't get it explained to me in depth by my supervisor.
Oh no! It makes perfect sense! :smile: I was going to do something similar, I have stuff to read, I just don't know what makes it an A* piece of work. I was thinking of giving a brief introduction into the political atmosphere post 2010, and then listing different welfare policies. It's just all a bit hazy. It feels like there's no direction to it, and I didn't get it explained to me in depth by my supervisor.

Ah good haha! :tongue:

If I was doing the project, I would write:

1 - Introduction - like the one I wrote in bold

2 - A brief description of the political atmosphere post 2010 (like you mentioned)

3 - A list of each of the welfare policies (as subheadings/or shortened versions as subheadings with the full version after), and a few paragraphs on each and how they affected the wealth of the UK (this is the main bit of the essay)

4 - A conclusion on the extent to which the policies have decreased the wealth of the UK

Maybe show the above structure to your supervisor and see what they think? :smile:
Ah good haha! :tongue:

If I was doing the project, I would write:

1 - Introduction - like the one I wrote in bold

2 - A brief description of the political atmosphere post 2010 (like you mentioned)

3 - A list of each of the welfare policies (as subheadings/or shortened versions as subheadings with the full version after), and a few paragraphs on each and how they affected the wealth of the UK (this is the main bit of the essay)

4 - A conclusion on the extent to which the policies have decreased the wealth of the UK

Maybe show the above structure to your supervisor and see what they think? :smile:

Thank you so much! You are a star!
Thank you so much! You are a star!

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Good luck with it :h:
You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Good luck with it :h:

That's ever so kind of you. Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest