The Student Room Group

French mayor bans burkinis

Scroll to see replies

''An immigrant telling people of the country you move to that they need to change their culture to suit your (the one your parents abandoned) is a little off.''

I agree 100%. @WBZ144, how is that racist? If i went to a middle eastern country or an African one do you think they would cater to my needs? You give people equal rights... but then they start asking for special treatment. If I went to a non christian country like Pakistan or like India... if i went around with a christian cross shirt or something of that nature i would likely be beaten up or stoned.

We live in a society where saying reducing immigration or eliminating illegal immigration is racist. People who think that are pathetic and need to grow up. God if i went to a 3rd world country i would likely be attacked for being white (I have seen such crimes on various videos that are too graphic for youtube). Reverse racism is racism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
ah so you think I'm saying something different to what I am actually saying

then there is no help for you other than to wish you well in your future country hopping

Thanks, I will continue to have the sheer nerve of continuing to travel and enjoying the vast world out there while being Black :biggrin:
Original post by Student167
God if i went to a 3rd world country i would likely be attacked for being white

Nar. You should get out more and stop living in fear.
''non-White British people get called immigrants all the time and are told to "go home" by racists as an attempt at an insult, something that does not happen to White Brits''

Do you think people in other countries are different? A white man goes to say North Africa or India... he will likely be killed or beaten up for being white. This is of course if you go to a non tourist area (or to be specific a equivalent to a *****y white rough area). Of course they are not a first world country... but don't make it out that White people are always the racist ones.

Not saying those racist white people are ok to do that... but immigrants here act as if white people are the cancer of society. I have never seen open racism where I live.. of course if you live in a **** 99% white area... i mean i would likely get called names.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dingleberry jam
Nar. You should get out more and stop living in fear.

It's true whether you want to believe it or not. And why would i go to a run down 3rd world country?
It's true whether you want to believe it or not.

I've been to a few, never been attacked. :s-smilie:

And why would i go to a run down 3rd world country?

Might make you a more well-rounded person? Might be fun? Might help with those
persecutory delusions?
''An immigrant telling people of the country you move to that they need to change their culture to suit your (the one your parents abandoned) is a little off.''

I agree 100%. @WBZ144, how is that racist? If i went to a middle eastern country or an African one do you think they would cater to my needs? You give people equal rights... but then they start asking for special treatment. If I went to a non christian country like Pakistan or like India... if i went around with a christian cross shirt or something of that nature i would likely be beaten up or stoned.

We live in a society where saying reducing immigration or eliminating illegal immigration is racist. People who think that are pathetic and need to grow up. God if i went to a 3rd world country i would likely be attacked for being white (I have seen such crimes on various videos that are too graphic for youtube). Reverse racism is racism.

''non-White British people get called immigrants all the time and are told to "go home" by racists as an attempt at an insult, something that does not happen to White Brits''

Do you think people in other countries are different? A white man goes to say North Africa or India... he will likely be killed or beaten up for being white. This is of course if you go to a non tourist area (or to be specific a equivalent to a *****y white rough area). Of course they are not a first world country... but don't make it out that White people are always the racist ones.

Not saying those racist white people are ok to do that... but immigrants here act as if white people are the cancer of society. I have never seen open racism where I live.. of course if you live in a **** 99% white area... i mean i would likely get called names or attacked for having longer hair as a guy.

- Making up ******** about being killed for being white Christian in India wearing a T-shirt with a cross? Strike 1

- Whataboutism? Strike 2

- Conflating basic freedom of being able to wear a religious garment without being thrown in jail with "special privileges"? Strike 3

Three strikes, and you're out!
Original post by dingleberry jam
I've been to a few, never been attacked. :s-smilie:

Might make you a more well-rounded person? Might be fun? Might help with those
persecutory delusions?

I'm guessing your female? And you likely went to the nice areas. Go to a *****y area in any country and you will receive abuse... go to central London... if anyone is racist on the train i have never heard it and people would put down anyone who is. Women are of cause victims of harassment but actual assault.. no men are much more likely to be attacked.
The problem here isn't a piece of clothing. The problem is reacting to photos being taken by hacking at people with hatchets. Maybe we need to focus on the underlying problem here.

This ban is stupid and won't solve anything.
''Conflating basic freedom of being able to wear a religious garment without being thrown in jail with "special privileges"? Strike 3''

I think people should be able to wear what they want... but when things compromise security... yes it is a problem. The ignorance lol.
''Conflating basic freedom of being able to wear a religious garment without being thrown in jail with "special privileges"? Strike 3''

I think people should be able to wear what they want... but when things compromise security... yes it is a problem. The ignorance lol.

I think you should hire armed PMCs to protect you from dem extremist laser-shooting burkinis!
Making up ******** about being killed for being white Christian in India...

Are you that stupid... go on something like liveleak... there are plenty of videos with white people being attacked for no reason in 3rd world countries... news stations don't talk about this kind of thing because people call it racist or some ****. Keep living in your delusional anti white world. Maybe one day you will grow up and stop blaming your problems on white people.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I think you should hire armed PMCs to protect you from dem extremist laser-shooting burkinis!

I will be honest i don't know what a burkini is lol... i only came on here to comment on the reverse racism (racism) comments. The burkins worn on ones head with a strap across the face should be banned in public... anything that does not cover the face should be allowed.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Son? how dare thee...... :wink:

OK, I get where you're coming from, yes there are variations of clothing found which can be worn hat covers the body. But my point is allow the CHOICE, don't fob it off as it's all forced as a ban is also forcing them NOT to wear it. Some say it's religious attire it's not. It's cultural [or nothing to do with it but wanting not to expose skin for personal choice, maybe they have eczema.....

If you're not wearing it for religious purposes then you should have no problems wearing something else.

I honestly agree that it would be preferable not to ban anything of the sort - but Islamic dress is used repeatedly as a tool to abuse and dehumanise women, I think protecting people from abuse is more important than pandering to notions that everyone must be free to do everything. That's one of the reasons why I support the ban (and the closest to my heart specifically). Admittedly it is not a particularly efficient tactic, though I see no alternatives offered. But doing something is better than nothing.

I wonder how many people that do not support the ban also do not support bans on prostitution. Some women do it of their own choice; some are forced into it and abused. Yet a lot of people think a way to protect the victims is an outright ban - in other places it is legalised in an effort to protect the victims. There are plenty of parallels to draw here.
Making up ******** about being killed for being white Christian in India...

Are you that stupid... go on something like liveleak... there are plenty of videos with white people being attacked for no reason in 3rd world countries... news stations don't talk about this kind of thing because people call it racist or some ****. Keep living in your delusional anti white world. Maybe one day you will grow up and stop blaming your problems on white people.

White people are practically worshipped in India. Yeah a few incidents on liveleak = government-sanctioned laws lmao.

Many Indians don't particularly like Muslims either, and communal riots are common. But at least they don't get triggered by burkinis :rofl:
''but Islamic dress is used repeatedly as a tool to abuse and dehumanise women, I think protecting people from abuse is more important than pandering to notions''

I agree with that. Didn't think about that myself. That and security (if they do pose a security risk like burkers/what ever they are called..) is a good reason to ban them. You give people equal rights and they want special rights... people/government officials need to stop being so nice and politically correct.
I will be honest i don't know what a burkini is lol... i only came on here to comment on the reverse racism (racism) comments. The burkins worn on ones head with a strap across the face should be banned in public... anything that does not cover the face should be allowed.

Lmao. I suggest you educate yourself on the item actually being discussed before coming here to embarrass yourself.
Original post by 1010marina
If you're not wearing it for religious purposes then you should have no problems wearing something else.

I honestly agree that it would be preferable not to ban anything of the sort - but Islamic dress is used repeatedly as a tool to abuse and dehumanise women, I think protecting people from abuse is more important than pandering to notions that everyone must be free to do everything. That's one of the reasons why I support the ban (and the closest to my heart specifically). Admittedly it is not a particularly efficient tactic, though I see no alternatives offered. But doing something is better than nothing.

I wonder how many people that do not support the ban also do not support bans on prostitution. Some women do it of their own choice; some are forced into it and abused. Yet a lot of people think a way to protect the victims is an outright ban - in other places it is legalised in an effort to protect the victims. There are plenty of parallels to draw here.

How does the burkini ban free Muslim Women from abuse? 50 mark question
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Lmao. I suggest you educate yourself on the item actually being discussed before coming here to embarrass yourself.

Lol embarrass myself. I couldn't give a **** what any of you think. I came on here to discuss some of the stupid comments being posted about racism. I don't give 2 shits about burkinis. ''Educate myself''... yeah learning about burkinis is so productive. Lol the idiots on here.
Lol embarrass myself. I couldn't give a **** what any of you think. I came on here to discuss some of the stupid comments being posted about racism. I don't give 2 shits about burkinis. ''Educate myself''... yeah learning about burkinis is so productive. Lol the idiots on here.

Then leave the thread if you don't care about the topic matter. You're not exactly gracing us with even an ounce of intelligence or anything substantial

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending