The Student Room Group

Which A Levels for Modern Languages?

I am hoping to study MFL at uni however I am choosing my A levels at the minute.
I want to do French and German, and for my other two subjects I'm split between Maths, Classical Civilisation and Economics. Which two are best?
Reply 1
Original post by hannahly
I am hoping to study MFL at uni however I am choosing my A levels at the minute.
I want to do French and German, and for my other two subjects I'm split between Maths, Classical Civilisation and Economics. Which two are best?

classical Civilisation and Economics
Reply 2
Original post by attarco
classical Civilisation and Economics

Any reason? Thanks though

None are necessarily "best". I'd say, pick what you are best at and prefer.

If you want to do an A-level in economics, it's very helpful to also do maths. But, you can manage without it.

Both classical civilisation and economics would show that you are good at essay writing.
Reply 4
Any reason? Thanks though

More demanded in government jobs baby.
Reply 5
Original post by Platopus
None are necessarily "best". I'd say, pick what you are best at and prefer.

If you want to do an A-level in economics, it's very helpful to also do maths. But, you can manage without it.

Both classical civilisation and economics would show that you are good at essay writing.

That's great, thanks!
What about teaching myself maths as a 5th subject?
That's great, thanks!
What about teaching myself maths as a 5th subject?

I guess that would depend on how good you are at maths! I don't do maths myself, but I expect it would be difficult to self teach.

Quick Reply

Latest