The Student Room Group

Neuroscience at Oxford - what are my chances?

Hey guys, I'm looking to complete a Pharmacology degree at Kingston University and am really interested in doing Neuroscience afterward. I was looking at Oxford University and was wondering what are my chances of getting in?

I didn't do A Levels at college, so I feel that would hinder my application, nor did I go to a top university. Would I still be a strong applicant with a first class degree?
Go for it. :smile:
You might get in, so take a chance.
Because If you do not apply, you definitely will not get in.
Original post by TheSalman
Hey guys, I'm looking to complete a Pharmacology degree at Kingston University and am really interested in doing Neuroscience afterward. I was looking at Oxford University and was wondering what are my chances of getting in?

I didn't do A Levels at college, so I feel that would hinder my application, nor did I go to a top university. Would I still be a strong applicant with a first class degree?

Oxbridge are known for taking applicants with varied backgrounds. Especially mature students or postgrads. As long as you can impress them with interviews/ life experience etc. They really take that stuff over exam results. And I guess like all things make sure you apply to a few different places to increase your chances. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest