The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiehaddad
Anyone firmed or (insured!) Bristol? Haven't seen too many as of yet! :h:

Me :smile:. Law and French. How you feeling?
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
Has anyone else heard about UCAS saying that track won't update till 12?? My mum came home and said she read online that UCAS weren't going to do the usual updates instead they where going to do like a batch update at 12.

That can't be so. It says on the official UCAS site that "UCAS Undergraduate Track will not be updated while we process exam results. Any updates to your application will be displayed from 08:00 on 18 August (UK time)."

So if UCAS says no, we can only rely on information they give us themselves.
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
Has anyone else heard about UCAS saying that track won't update till 12?? My mum came home and said she read online that UCAS weren't going to do the usual updates instead they where going to do like a batch update at 12.

My school informed me that on 17th August 12AM Im able to check on track whether I got in or not so the next day (18th August) I can either go at 8AM for clearing etc or 9AM onwards just to collect my results
Original post by FemaleBo55
My school informed me that on 17th August 12AM Im able to check on track whether I got in or not so the next day (18th August) I can either go at 8AM for clearing etc or 9AM onwards just to collect my results

Your school are wrong

Track will be completely off line at midnight.
Reply 5044

That's nonsense too. You can't access track until the 18th at 7:30AM the earliest.
Out of curiosity, why doesn't track update at midnight? Why do we have to wait until the morning? :unimpressed:
Original post by UnknownAnon
Out of curiosity, why doesn't track update at midnight? Why do we have to wait until the morning? :unimpressed:

Because the one year UCAS made it live at midnight on purpose (and the following year when it happened again for 5 minutes by accident) the only people working in UCAS offices were the IT bods. And the phones went WILD.

The IT bods flick the switch to turn Track on. They won't do that if they have to answer the phones to dozens of sobbing sleep deprived applicants.

(Also the exam board agreement says UCAS and universities can't reveal anything before 6am).
Original post by sophiehaddad
Anyone firmed or (insured!) Bristol? Haven't seen too many as of yet! :h:

I have Bristol as my insurance (my firm is Imperial), for maths & computer science.
Original post by PQ
Your school are wrong

Track will be completely off line at midnight.

Not according to my school. If it was wrong why would they say tell me??
imageedit_1_8961217712.jpg
Original post by PQ
Because the one year UCAS made it live at midnight on purpose (and the following year when it happened again for 5 minutes by accident) the only people working in UCAS offices were the IT bods. And the phones went WILD.

The IT bods flick the switch to turn Track on. They won't do that if they have to answer the phones to dozens of sobbing sleep deprived applicants.

(Also the exam board agreement says UCAS and universities can't reveal anything before 6am).

That actually gave me a really funny mental image. Thanks!
Original post by Aph
ahhh. I'm not concerned about the day but when we know.

I would set yours earlier then :wink: track might update earlier than 8am
Original post by PQ
See the first post on this thread.

Track will update at 8am ish and then won't update again until midday ish to minimise pressure on the systems.

Why don't they upgrade their systems?
On Track it says that it will open up on Wednesday. What time will it do so (midnight Tue/Wed, midnight Wed/Thu or some random time)?
Reply 5053
Original post by target21859
I would set yours earlier then :wink: track might update earlier than 8am

Yeah, I accidentally added an hour.
I can't help but feel the last few hours before track opens will feel like weeks
Lol I still remember when it was t(he turning of this month) 1st August.
Not according to my school. If it was wrong why would they say tell me??
imageedit_1_8961217712.jpg

Because schools aren't infallible? They clearly have been misinformed.

Original post by Craig1998
On Track it says that it will open up on Wednesday. What time will it do so (midnight Tue/Wed, midnight Wed/Thu or some random time)?

Track will update at around 07:30 on Thursday 18th August, no earlier than that.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Lol I still remember when it was t(he turning of this month) 1st August.

This month has gone so fast. This YEAR has gone so fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
This month has gone so fast. This YEAR has gone so fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And now these next two days are going to go as slow as a glacier.

Time's a *****.
Original post by LazyEye
Im also going for Warwick chemistry as my firm. My offer is AAB but last year the entry requirements were ABB so do u think they will let in people with ABB?

I think it's possible since they're also in clearing right now for Chemistry, most probably due to their course being oversubscribed last year by tonnes so they upped the grades required to enter. Fingers crossed mate :smile:
Original post by ToastiestZombie
And now these next two days are going to go as slow as a glacier.

Time's a *****.

Yep ! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest