The Student Room Group

A relationship which never was

OK, I have just had a text from a girl I have been on a few dates with, we got on really well with loads in common. We chatted for hours on each date and all seemed to be going well, until yesterday I got a text saying she has not got time for a relationship at the moment, she is studying for exams and training for a marathon as well as working.

Is this genuine or is she saying she is not interested in a nice way. Thinking about texting back I understand but would like to remain friends and maybe do the odd thing together every now and then, do you think I should do this?

My thinking is in time if her reasons are genuine maybe we could date once more. I'm not desperate but I really would love to have gotten to know her better.
She could just be saying that to be polite.

My concern if you said to me could we do things together, would you take that as we could possibly have something? Been there and done that.
Reply 2
SO I text her saying I would love to stay in touch and she said she does too. She even suggested trying out a new cake shop which is opening in town soon.

Not sure what to read into it as she repeated in her text that she really enjoys spending time with me. Little confused
She could potentially be saying it to reserve judgement rather than an excuse to cut you off.
Maybe she wants to do it very slowly?
Reply 4
I think if a girl is interested in a relationship she will make time for it. It sounds like she is a nice person and she wants you as a friend. Hope I'm wrong and let us know how it goes.
She's being polite. I'd send her a message and play it cool, just say it was great to get to know her and have a great marathon.
Original post by bankz187
I got a text saying she has not got time for a relationship at the moment, she is studying for exams and training for a marathon as well as working

I'm surprised she didn't tell you she's also running for the London mayoral seat.
Dude, if a girl is interested, doesn't matter even if she's on the verge of finding the cure for cancer, she'll make time
Personally, I think it is one of two things.

1. She is just being polite. She likes you as a person - she's said she is happy to be friends - but just isn't feeling that kind of romantic connection.

2. She legit IS busy but it is also a polite decline (if she felt something amazing or whatever she'd never have suggested this and would want to continue dating). But I don't know, for someone like me personally it takes me time to like know how much I am into someone properly so if I was busy I would just say that and wouldn't mind just being friends but if a part of me fancied them a bit I'd just think there could be potential down the line. But also sometimes I really just don't know with a person but then down the line I realise I fancy them.

But I would say, don't pin your hopes on number 2. I don't know how many girls think like that so it is best to just go with number 1 and be friends and don't expect anything else from it.
Just my opinion but I do think that you've got a chance. If she wouldn't be interested she wouldn't text you. She might want to prioritise what is important to her at the moment and perhaps relationship later?
She#s not interested enough. If she was she'd be citing reasons on how to make it work. Maybe she is busy. Funny time for exams. I'd just taker her at her workd and let her get on with it, things couldd change a year from now.
Lol let it go now. I sense she will be your obsession and on your thoughts for the next 2 months.

Prevent that by cutting her off immediately.
Original post by bankz187
OK, I have just had a text from a girl I have been on a few dates with, we got on really well with loads in common. We chatted for hours on each date and all seemed to be going well, until yesterday I got a text saying she has not got time for a relationship at the moment, she is studying for exams and training for a marathon as well as working.

Is this genuine or is she saying she is not interested in a nice way. Thinking about texting back I understand but would like to remain friends and maybe do the odd thing together every now and then, do you think I should do this?

My thinking is in time if her reasons are genuine maybe we could date once more. I'm not desperate but I really would love to have gotten to know her better.

Don't message her anymore until she messages you, stop giving her attention if you haven't already

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending