I'd do maths and sociology as well tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Biology is obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology isn't needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths Bio Psychology and Sociology. I would recommend chemistry instead of sociology but it seems you don't want to pick it.
Reply 4
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Biology isn't needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not "needed" but very useful as a lot of psychology topics are biology related

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by retro_turtles
Maths Bio Psychology and Sociology. I would recommend chemistry instead of sociology but it seems you don't want to pick it.

Yep I really don't like chemistry, do you think I would be fine not taking sociology as I've heard its very boring??
Original post by Sophie mac
Yep I really don't like chemistry, do you think I would be fine not taking sociology as I've heard its very boring??

Same hence why i am taking Chemistry,Biology and Psychology
(Our college is only making us do 3)
Reply 7
Original post by retro_turtles
Same hence why i am taking Chemistry,Biology and Psychology
(Our college is only making us do 3)

Mine makes us take 4 and although i would power through my hate and take chemistry it's the only subject I'm predicted a C in sadly
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Biology is obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'm definitely taking biology but I'm not sure about sociology
Reply 9
I am stuck with choosing 4 from:
.Biology
.maths
.psychology
.English lit
.philosophy
.sociology
.physics

Hi there, I would say you should take:

Biology
Psychology
Sociology
Maths
Reply 10
bio psychology, biology and sociology. You could maybe take an easy 4th subject. Maths is alright if you. Enjoy it your could take statistics as that would likely be more beneficial. In long term with analyzing studies in university:h: well understanding the Statistics behind everything.
English lit and Sociology; there's whole units that cross over with psychology and sociology. English will also help develop your essay writing skills, biology could be worth while but depends really whether you are fundamentally a more maths+science person or humanities :h:
Reply 12
I took psychology, maths, biology and chemistry. Would definitely recommend that combination, because there's a surprising amount of overlap (e.g. there's statistics in both maths and psych, and the biological approach in psych obviously involves biology).
You don't like chemistry, fair enough, so I think English lit might be a good option - it's a facilitating subject, and it's an essay subject so would balance out the sciences. Good luck choosing! :smile:
Reply 13
I think biology and english lit/sociology would be good :smile:

You definitely need an another essay based subject I'd say given psychology really heavily essay based both at A Level and degree level
Reply 14
Biology and Maths 100%- they've really helped me with Psychology this last year at AS

Maybe an essay based subject like Eng Lit could help too, as psychology is containing more LAQ's now

Tbh though my most important piece of advice is that if you don't like Psychology within the first couple of weeks of AS, drop it immediately because it does not get better. It's my one regret, keeping psychology because I hate it with a passion now (and I wanted to do it for degree when I started college)

If your exam board is OCR, Lord help you because it's boring af
.Biology
.maths
.psychology
.English lit
.philosophy
.sociology
.physics

english lit is good with psych because you can implement psych stuff into your analysis and it gives pretty good marks.

just... whatever you do, don't take sociology. it's the most boring lesson i've ever endured. the only reason i was looking forward to AS exams was because i knew it would be the last time i ever did it. my only advice is anything but sociology. BUT... it might be for you. i don't know.

just read up a LOT about the syllabus/what it involves in your school and think about whether it's something you'll enjoy, rather than just to support each other. although it's good if you enjoy it AND it supports.
.Biology
.maths
.psychology
.English lit
.philosophy
.sociology
.physics

Group 1: Maths, Biology, Psychology and Physics (Sciences)
Group 2: Biology, Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy (essay based a levels)
Group 3: Biology, Sociology, English Lit and Maths (mixed)
(edited 7 years ago)
.Biology
.maths
.psychology
.English lit
.philosophy
.sociology
.physics

Shouldn't your post be "I am stuck with choosing 3 from:" then removing psychology off the list, since that's the subject you want to support?

Anyways, biology, maths and sociology.

Or, if you're feeling particularly up to it, biology, maths and chemistry.

Biology and maths are the most useful from that list, other than psychology itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
.Biology
.maths
.psychology
.English lit
.philosophy
.sociology
.physics

Psychology and Sociology go so well together, cannot recommend that combination enough! I'd also do maths and bio.
Maths, biology, psychology and English lit. Maths and biology for the science-y aspect of things. English for the essays.

Have you looked at any universities yet? They often list essential or recommended subjects. I'd say sociology is too much of a 'soft' subject to take, but if it really interests you then go for it.

One of my friends got an unconditional offer to study psychology with: chemistry, history, maths and psychology at AS.

Quick Reply

Latest