Original post by iEthan
Jimmy Carr, definitely. Don't care much for Frankie Boyle. :smile:

I'm going to see Jimmy Carr live next year in April. :biggrin:
Original post by ColossalAtom
I'm going to see Jimmy Carr live next year in April. :biggrin:

Lucky!! Enjoy it! :biggrin:
Original post by Tiger Rag
Strangest thread you've come across?

Threads in Applications and UCAS don't tend to be very strange, but they can be awfully repetitive. A simple search would easily find the answer, if the answer isn't already in the stickies or articles, which it usually is.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Threads in Applications and UCAS don't tend to be very strange, but they can be awfully repetitive. A simple search would easily find the answer, if the answer isn't already in the stickies or articles, which it usually is.

I'm sometimes finding that in Student Financial Support. Peoples' situations really aren't unique (or important) as they make them out to be.
I'm sometimes finding that in Student Financial Support. Peoples' situations really aren't unique (or important) as they make them out to be.

That is very, very true. When I'm feeling kind, I presume it's because they are in such a panic that they can't focus on looking at the thread titles.
@getfunky! current culchie song playing is...

[video="youtube;49SU1hC-Fkg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SU1hC-Fkg[/video]

:wink:

:tongue:

Too hard to choose! :tongue: How about you?

Original post by Dizgurl
Hi!
How did you cope with GCSE's?
How long have you been in the support team for? :h:

I know they probably feel hard when you're doing them, but they're honestly not that bad, especially when you get to A-level. You'll realise that it wasn't really anything to worry about, easy compared to a-levels. Do try your best but also remember to relax too and make the most of being that age and in school etc, try to enjoy it, it'll be the only break before things really get hard. (sorry if I've scared you now :tongue:)

A year :smile:
Original post by ExoIceCream99
So I've got the clever clogs badge and chatterbox one... Which I know how it works.How do you earn the hero one?
You'd have to be the first reply to a thread that hasn't been answered yet, and then the Original Poster has to rep that post. It's explained in more detail here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=9581-What-are-TSR-badges

If you weren't on the ST, how else would you be wasting spending your days?

I'd still be on TSR, probably post more. If I weren't on the site, I'd probably read more books, did a lot of that before I found TSR. :tongue:
How do I delete my account on TSR?
Would you rather go to Cambridge or Oxford to do your favourite subject?
Would you rather go to Cambridge or Oxford to do your favourite subject?

Favourite subject for sure!

EDIT: Nopes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
Favourite subject for sure!

It's all about what you want to study for me first of all - especially if you're studying it for 3 years and paying £27000 minimum for the priviledge

I think you read the question too fast.
I think you read the question too fast.

I was very keen :ninja:

Nopes is the answer :tongue:
Reply 173
Do you like me? :tongue: :lol:

Ok for real tho like seriously
If I wanted to be a support team member, how long would it take and right now what section would it be best to apply for?

I mean... rn I only have a bunch of posting tips which will never go away but everything else is clear :biggrin: is that ok?
Original post by z33
Do you like me? :tongue: :lol:

Ok for real tho like seriously
If I wanted to be a support team member, how long would it take and right now what section would it be best to apply for?

I mean... rn I only have a bunch of posting tips which will never go away but everything else is clear :biggrin: is that ok?

I can only speak for myself but it took 6 months of doing constant PSV replies for me to be considered to be a ST member for mental health and so I'd say 6 months of real activity, helpful posts, not rule breaking is generally a good starting point :smile:
Reply 175
Original post by Deyesy
I can only speak for myself but it took 6 months of doing constant PSV replies for me to be considered to be a ST member for mental health and so I'd say 6 months of real activity, helpful posts, not rule breaking is generally a good starting point :smile:

Oooh waowww ok ill try thank you :biggrin:
Original post by z33
Oooh waowww ok ill try thank you :biggrin:

The section is completely up to you really :smile: Also given the ST's main role is 'content creation' - making helpful/engaging threads in the section you'd like to support in the long run wouldn't harm your cause too
Reply 177
Original post by Deyesy
The section is completely up to you really :smile: Also given the ST's main role is 'content creation' - making helpful/engaging threads in the section you'd like to support in the long run wouldn't harm your cause too

Ah okay cos I heard certain sections like Chat are already full of ST members so not many more are needed therefore lowering your chance of being accepted... is that true? If so which sections are undersubscibed?

Alright i'll try :biggrin: shouldnt be a problem :tongue: (inb4 i get carded today :lol:)
Original post by z33
Ah okay cos I heard certain sections like Chat are already full of ST members so not many more are needed therefore lowering your chance of being accepted... is that true? If so which sections are undersubscibed?

Alright i'll try :biggrin: shouldnt be a problem :tongue: (inb4 i get carded today :lol:)

Chat mod here! We can always do with the extra help :smile: - so apply for whatever section you think you'd fit in best. :h:

There is a thread somewhere that lists some undersubscribed areas... I'll try and find it for you. :biggrin:
Reply 179
Do you ever consider going mental and banning as many members as you can before the community team can shut you down?

Latest