The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Bolt could easily go in for 400m if he so wanted to to be honest (except when the events are on the same night obvs), he was originally a 400m runner anyway. That would add a further 2 events in to his pouch. Also that is just not true though is it, Adam Peaty is the best breastroker in the world but he would stand no chance against Phelps in the other events. Phelps is a phenomena.

OK if you wanna be naive and have that opinion go ahead lol. Bolt holds the belt for absolute dominance in his sport but he's got little on Phelps in terms of being able to not only adapt his style (4 times) but to master it as well.

No he couldn't...
Do you know how hard that would be?

Jesus some people here don't understand running do they?

It's significantly easier to train the ability to compete in multiple swimming events than multiple running events. I can't believe we're even having this argument tbh
#TeamLucio

Phelps is beatable. Bolt isn't.
Original post by Fizzel
He was a 200m runner not a 400m. He's said he did want to train 400m becuase of the extra volume required, a lot more endurance training required, and he admits to being quite lazy. Anatomically he'd probably be a better 400m runner due to his height. He had a deal with his coaches if he worked and was successful in the 100m he wouldn't run the 400m.

He's ran 400m in competition around 2008 I believe. He probably made the right choice moving down in the end, he's definitely made his name more "Hollywood" by doing so anyway.

Original post by Lúcio
No he couldn't...
Do you know how hard that would be?

Jesus some people here don't understand running do they?

It's significantly easier to train the ability to compete in multiple swimming events than multiple running events. I can't believe we're even having this argument tbh

He's the perfect 400m anatomically, he's got the build to run the distance at insane speed realistically. Seeing how easily he wins 100m and 200m he could train for 400m and still be able to blitz the former if he put more work in to his starts.

Yeah, you.

Who says its significantly easier? You still havent answered how many have competed at as many events as Phelps has and still dominated.
x

Dear Kim-Jong-Illest,

Thoughts on Ghetto Qu'ran?

Warmest regards,

Swirly
He's ran 400m in competition around 2008 I believe. He probably made the right choice moving down in the end, he's definitely made his name more "Hollywood" by doing so anyway.
Yeah I've seen him run it but its not an event he's taken seriously, even thought his times are pretty respectable. Back in 2008 most people thought he'd be running the 400m by now, as runners tend to be better at when they are a bit older. 400m is the best 400m runner in the world, 100m is the fastest man in the world so probably smarter from a marketing perspective. Virgin Media haven't got Rudisha fronting their adverts for example.

Also RIP Joe Hart's career
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
Dear Kim-Jong-Illest,

Thoughts on Ghetto Qu'ran?

Warmest regards,

Swirly

RIP Jam Master Jay :frown:

it deffo counts as snitchin imo even if it was public info, you can't just put manaman on blast like that so casually, he done did himself in there tbh.

tb to when fiddy got his twitter followers to buy stocks in to his company just for him to sell it off immediately after :lol: talk about finessing a whole fanbase ffs.

Spoiler

RIP Jam Master Jay :frown:

it deffo counts as snitchin imo even if it was public info, you can't just put manaman on blast like that so casually, he done did himself in there tbh.

tb to when fiddy got his twitter followers to buy stocks in to his company just for him to sell it off immediately after :lol: talk about finessing a whole fanbase ffs.

Spoiler

Ffs that video :rofl:
Other than being an Arsenal fan, there's no worse feeling than being stuck on a cramped 40 minute delayed train with no air con...
Original post by Lúcio
Other than being an Arsenal fan, there's no worse feeling than being stuck on a cramped 40 minute delayed train with no air con...

London Underground is horrendous in this weather

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thoughts on Dianna Agron
Original post by sr90
London Underground is horrendous in this weather

Posted from TSR Mobile

North > South

Less people, cheaper, cooler, no Londoners.
Original post by Lúcio
North > South

Less people, cheaper, cooler, no Londoners.

However closer to you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
However closer to you...

Posted from TSR Mobile

spot on, :smile:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Thoughts on Dianna Agron

That bust looks like where Moses parted the Red Sea
Thoughts on Dianna Agron

She looks like your average recruitment consultant tbh
Original post by swirly
She looks like your average recruitment consultant tbh

You see you you plumber from Liverpool, it's personal between me and you, and I'm going to do you some serious harm you BIG STIFF IDIOT
Reply 7977
You see you you plumber from Liverpool, it's personal between me and you, and I'm going to do you some serious harm you BIG STIFF IDIOT

I'll back you
Reply 7978
City's support makes me feel so much better about our shithole fanbase

image.jpeg

This aint the WWE baby, when you do step in this ring with me, if you do, you can run round like you a preacher, but baby I promise you I WILL BAPTISE YOU.

Thoughts on Juniors girlfriend from my wife and kids?

Latest