The Student Room Group

People who have already done their ukcat.

Which resource is most accurate for the UKCAT out of Kaplan, official tests, and Medify?
Also, were you allowed to use the keyboard?
Thanks
:smile:
Anyone?
Out of those three I've only done the official, but generally, QR and AR tend to be easier than any resources and VR and SJ tend to be about the same level. The platform of the official mocks is obviously super realistic. I was allowed to use the keybord, and it was really useful for moving and doing calculations. :smile:
Original post by StationToStation
Out of those three I've only done the official, but generally, QR and AR tend to be easier than any resources and VR and SJ tend to be about the same level. The platform of the official mocks is obviously super realistic. I was allowed to use the keybord, and it was really useful for moving and doing calculations. :smile:

hey thanks :wink: did u run out of time on any sections?
I did it last year and the online Kaplan is so good, me duct is good to and should be enough but if you can afford Kaplan online I advise it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I did it last year and the online Kaplan is so good, me duct is good to and should be enough but if you can afford Kaplan online I advise it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey thanks I'm using Kaplan and medify and the isc book right now. Would u say the real test was a lot like Kaplan or closer to the much harder official practice tests?
It should be like the Kaplan one. The questions will vary but use all sources of study material where you can as this will help as you will be used to looking at a different question on the day of your test.
Original post by Uni12345678
Which resource is most accurate for the UKCAT out of Kaplan, official tests, and Medify?
Also, were you allowed to use the keyboard?
Thanks
:smile:

There is no accurate resource. Your questions are randomly generated so potentially it could follow any of those mocks. However, Medify is probably the better one for practice and the QR is more manageable.
Hey thanks I'm using Kaplan and medify and the isc book right now. Would u say the real test was a lot like Kaplan or closer to the much harder official practice tests?

For me it was Kaplan as I git the same score I had been getting in the mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
For me it was Kaplan as I git the same score I had been getting in the mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
quite scared now since i got 670, 600, 600 in a practice and my exams on friday :frown:
thanks
quite scared now since i got 670, 600, 600 in a practice and my exams on friday :frown:

Don't worry, Kaplan's QR is all over the place. I personally say you'd be 150 points higher in that on the actual exam as people find it a much nicer section. AR is all about timing which will iron out by Friday after several more mocks. Try the AR practice questions on the official website and look out for double patterns is the general advice I've been given and it seems to be working for me!
hey thanks :wink: did u run out of time on any sections?

Yeah had to guess some VR and QR questions but not that many :h: the timing in AR was strict but managed to do that, and finished SJ like seven minutes early or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending