The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Help

So I'm thinking of applying for both Law and/or Psychology at university when the time comes. I'm just wondering, how can you apply to do a Psychology degree when you've dedicated your personal statement to Law and also vice versa? Would you combine your passion for both subjects to get offers for both degrees in one PS or would you write two? As a year group we haven't been properly informed on the personal statement, we've just been told to write one by September as a first draft and have a look on UCAS.
You can only write one personal statement, so I think the best thing to do would be to either apply for both law and psychology as a combined course (I assume that's what you meant by law and psychology) or pick law or psychology and dedicate your personal statement to just one of them. You'll have to decide on one course to do eventually (whether it's a combined course or single), and the earlier you do that, the better :smile:
You can only submit one personal statement onto UCAS, (although I know of a girl who had to write a separate one about her second course and send it to the university directly), but your personal statement should be directed at both degrees.
Reply 3
my school forced us to erite one after AS exams we are able to write more than one if we have different course choices and submit the one we want on the UCAS website when the time comes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AndrewKn0x
So I'm thinking of applying for both Law and/or Psychology at university when the time comes. I'm just wondering, how can you apply to do a Psychology degree when you've dedicated your personal statement to Law and also vice versa? Would you combine your passion for both subjects to get offers for both degrees in one PS or would you write two? As a year group we haven't been properly informed on the personal statement, we've just been told to write one by September as a first draft and have a look on UCAS.

Hi AndrewKn0x,

As for UCAS, you can only submit 1 Personal Statement, you have 2 options: either choose Law or Psychology, or elec to apply for a joint school course (incorporating the 2 subjects) if this is an option you Uni is offering.

Here is a blog that is dedicted to techniques to write joint school PS.

Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

UniAdmissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending