The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LazyEye
How do u know they are in clearing for chemistry??

Nvm they aren't, I've realised that that is only for people who already have their results ie Scottish Highers or IB students :frown:
Original post by MessyEffy
I've just had a thought. What if your course rejects you but is in clearing asking for the same grades? I'm sure you can apply again right, and if so, they would have to accept you if you achieve the grade they're asking for if in clearing. There's literally no point in rejecting you right?

Does this even make sense lol

It's unlikely they'd reject someone with the grades they're looking for in clearing. If anything universities will usually take lower grades from firm/insurance students (who they know are committed to coming) than clearing applicants who apply to them for the first time on results day
Original post by SeanFM

if they've seen my grades I guarantee they don't wish I was there
Original post by RileyRiley
Hi everyone i really really need help with this, I'm quite worried, I know i really should've organised this before but I've learnt a lot today that has finally pushed me to make this decision. I wanted to know if it's possible to reject your firm choice and accept your insurancr? I've realised my insurance is better than my firm but obviously we're nearly at results day, can I change it?

you're too late to do a swap at this point, on results day you should phone your firm and tell them you dont want to go there (assuming you meet the offer) and want to be released into clearing (this is a risk as it can take hours for them to do if they weren't in a rush) and then hope your insurance is in clearing but that's all you can do (unless you're eligible for adjustment) .
Original post by ToastiestZombie
I'd love to get a generic email. This silence is killing me.

My firm have been emailing me all year and they've gone silent now! I get that though...two more days:frown::frown:
Original post by mgill17
if they've seen my grades I guarantee they don't wish I was there

Have you seen your own grades? :lol: have some faith, or at the very least, 0 expectations.
Original post by mgill17
My firm have been emailing me all year and they've gone silent now! I get that though...two more days:frown::frown:

Last email I got from Cardiff was a generic "Good Luck" email, only found out now since it was in the Promotions tab of my gmail.

This truly is the calm before the storm.

Shame it's impossible to actually stay calm right now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
Have you seen your own grades? :lol: have some faith, or at the very least, 0 expectations.

Considering I cried for a good 30 minutes of one exam then didn't answer about 60% of another exam I can practically guarantee they won't want me! It's not that I don't have any faith at all it's just that I'm realistic...then anything extra is a bonus...

Is it bad that when AQA release the grade boundaries I'm going to try and work out my Maths ums based on the raw marks I think I got based on unofficial mark schemes on here:afraid::afraid:
Original post by breakfastbar333
me

What modules did you do? How did you find them? What do you think full ums will be for each module?
Last email I got from Cardiff was a generic "Good Luck" email, only found out now since it was in the Promotions tab of my gmail.

This truly is the calm before the storm.

Shame it's impossible to actually stay calm right now.

Mine from Nottingham just now was in promotions too...Ironically one of those Ad emails was literally right above it for my firm university advertising their clearing spaces...it's like someone thought "yeah she needs to be an internal wreck rn let's just drop that here"

I know right, I'm terrified that this storm is going to be a ****storm.
have the ocr mark schemes been released yet? x
Original post by notanooblol
What modules did you do? How did you find them? What do you think full ums will be for each module?

no idea about full ums, but for an A,
FP2 - 61
S2 - 65
NM - 76
Original post by mgill17
Considering I cried for a good 30 minutes of one exam then didn't answer about 60% of another exam I can practically guarantee they won't want me! It's not that I don't have any faith at all it's just that I'm realistic...then anything extra is a bonus...

Is it bad that when AQA release the grade boundaries I'm going to try and work out my Maths ums based on the raw marks I think I got based on unofficial mark schemes on here:afraid::afraid:

If you miss your offer slightly you might still be accepted.

I know how that feels though, I had two exam nightmares myself. One where an invigilator distracted me to the point where I freaked out and couldnt concentrate at the time - though it seems dramatic looking back - and one where I did that thing where you flick through a paper til you see a question you can answer.. I reached the end of the paper quickly and attempted maybe 70% of it with bad answers.

First one went well and got 52% in the other but still did well overall thanks to other units and met an A*AA offer.. So ya know, still hope.

Also wouldnt really recommend trying to calculate UMS, so much can go wrong and it may be quite inaccurate. As hard as it is, id say treat it as another day, maybe go to Nandos or something. And a film.
lmao how can someone say 'have no expectations for results day'?
m8, I'm expecting to go to my firm. that's the reason I chose it in the first place:biggrin:
lol but seriously, I'm dying over here.

I have a dream last night (my first ever results dream this year) that I checked Track and it said I've been rejected. so then I go to collect my results and I've achieved my grades so then I log back into Track and it says "HAHA JUST JOKING YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!" loooool, I was so confused😂😂😂😂
Original post by mgill17

No, loads of people (me being one of them) will be doing that!
So when do Examiner's Reports come out? I want to know whether some of my Coursework was good/unique enough to get a mention. Both were at over 90% UMS after my teachers moderated them so at least I know they're not terrible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
If you miss your offer slightly you might still be accepted.

I know how that feels though, I had two exam nightmares myself. One where an invigilator distracted me to the point where I freaked out and couldnt concentrate at the time - though it seems dramatic looking back - and one where I did that thing where you flick through a paper til you see a question you can answer.. I reached the end of the paper quickly and attempted maybe 70% of it with bad answers.

First one went well and got 52% in the other but still did well overall thanks to other units and met an A*AA offer.. So ya know, still hope.

Also wouldnt really recommend trying to calculate UMS, so much can go wrong and it may be quite inaccurate. As hard as it is, id say treat it as another day, maybe go to Nandos or something. And a film.

If I get distracted once that's it for me in the exam...I like utter silence whenever I'm trying to do anything that requires any thought. Luckily (I say luckily but it isn't really) I have mitigating circumstances that my firm we're very nice about...and worst case scenario I'm only one grade short...but even though that seems to be somewhat in my favour I can't shake the feeling they won't want me. I was predicted AAA and I'll honestly scream if even one of them is an A, I'll be delighted at this stage.

I rough calculated UMS last year and it actually helped me. The D I thought I'd got in Biology became a B when I used the converter the day before..and I ended up getting a B on the day...I was pretty close too in terms of ums...idk whether it makes me feel better or not.

And I wish I could treat it like a normal day but it's going to be hectic as I'm at hospital the same day!
Original post by marioman
No, loads of people (me being one of them) will be doing that!

Nobody else I know does it, they all have the "why would you want to know" attitude whilst simultaneously complaining that results day is a whole 24 hours away still. Like screw that I wanna know:frown::frown:
Original post by MessyEffy
lmao how can someone say 'have no expectations for results day'?
m8, I'm expecting to go to my firm. that's the reason I chose it in the first place:biggrin:
lol but seriously, I'm dying over here.

I have a dream last night (my first ever results dream this year) that I checked Track and it said I've been rejected. so then I go to collect my results and I've achieved my grades so then I log back into Track and it says "HAHA JUST JOKING YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!" loooool, I was so confused😂😂😂😂

LOOOOL, that's jokes
So when do Examiner's Reports come out? I want to know whether some of my Coursework was good/unique enough to get a mention. Both were at over 90% UMS after my teachers moderated them so at least I know they're not terrible.

loool wow

Quick Reply

Latest