The Student Room Group

Do I have to accept Insurance offer

I decided a while back that I don't in fact want to go to my insurance and would rather go through clearing, if it comes to that, however is there a way of rejecting my insurance on results day or am I obliged to go there? I read someone say that you have to ring them up and ask to be released? Any answers would be helpful..
What you read is right - they have to agree to release you into Clearing. You obviously don't have to go there - nobody can force you to - but nor do they have to release you (although they have nothing to gain by being obstructive, so I imagine they would). There is a useful guide here on TSR, and the subheading If you change your mind about your firm or insurance covers exactly your scenario.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SosbanFach
What you read is right - they have to agree to release you into Clearing. You obviously don't have to go there - nobody can force you to - but nor do they have to release you (although they have nothing to gain by being obstructive, so I imagine they would). There is a useful guide here on TSR, and the subheading If you change your mind about your firm or insurance covers exactly your scenario.

Ahh okay thanks a lot, how long does getting them to release you actually take? As in would it be worth calling them and asking tomorrow or waiting until results day?
Original post by Whilstingeye
Ahh okay thanks a lot, how long does getting them to release you actually take? As in would it be worth calling them and asking tomorrow or waiting until results day?

I'm not 100% sure how long it would take, but I have heard that it doesn't always happen immediately (as in, it could take a few days). If I were you, I'd phone your insurance tomorrow and bring up the possibility with them, as they'll be able to advise you about what you and they can do.
Original post by SosbanFach
I'm not 100% sure how long it would take, but I have heard that it doesn't always happen immediately (as in, it could take a few days). If I were you, I'd phone your insurance tomorrow and bring up the possibility with them, as they'll be able to advise you about what you and they can do.

Ahh okay thanks a lot I'll give them a ring tomorrow then
I decided a while back that I don't in fact want to go to my insurance and would rather go through clearing, if it comes to that, however is there a way of rejecting my insurance on results day or am I obliged to go there? I read someone say that you have to ring them up and ask to be released? Any answers would be helpful..

Ahh okay thanks a lot I'll give them a ring tomorrow then

It's a shame you didn't contact them back in July - you would have been able to get your track changed (and even get another university as insurance if they agreed).

If you ring this week prepare to be fobbed off and told to ring back. They likely already know if your firm has accepted/rejected you and will suspect you are trying to get a hint about your results.

Follow a phone call up with an email - the. If you do call on Thursday they already have notice in writing of your wishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending