The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lahorizon
loool wow

Not sure what's wrong with the question, to be honest.
Does anybody else not actually care what their results are, as long as they get into their firm Uni?
Original post by Matt.avf98
Does anybody else not actually care what their results are, as long as they get into their firm Uni?

I think the majority feel that way. Anything extra is just that, as long as you get the grades you need then you've succeeded.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Not sure what's wrong with the question, to be honest.

I am just laughing at my personal state of mind and the stress I am feeling vs your level. I didn't mean to be rude. You're lucky.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
I think the majority feel that way. Anything extra is just that, as long as you get the grades you need then you've succeeded.

In terms of my grades though, i'd be happy with CCC as long as my firm accepted me XD
Original post by lahorizon
I am just laughing at my personal state of mind and the stress I am feeling vs your level. I didn't mean to be rude. You're lucky.

Ah, well I feel you too man. Whilst I did really well in my Coursework I have no clue how I did in the actual exams. The one subject that really matters (the one I'm going on to do) is entirely exam based so even if I do well in the other two there's still a chance I mess up that one.

Need AAA but I want atleast A*AA, they are my predictions at least. Plus Manchester gives our money to maths people who get certain grades so obviously I want more than just the offer.

But I get why some people just want to get into their firm and not care about results.
Original post by Bijoux1801
Me :smile:. Law and French. How you feeling?

Ahh I'm so, so nervous! I've applied for Politics and Sociology but depending on my results I may see if I can sneakily change it to Politics and French! I'm almost certain I've missed my offer though, but hoping I will still be accepted, fingers crossed right...? :colondollar::frown:

Me altough the higher the better!!

If it's good enough for my firm, it's good enough for me
Ahh I'm so nervous. I am AS. I've taken OCR English Lit (new spec), Edexcel History (new spec) & Philosophy and Ethics on the old spec. I'm hoping to go to Sussex or Exeter to do Politics and History but don't think I'll get good enough grades at AS to even consider Exeter!!!! I got AAD in mocks. I took the D again and turned it into a B. I'm just so nervous. My exams were so mixed. Some of the questions were a beauty and others awful :frown:. We will have to wait and see! I'm not too bothered for English and History though as long as my teachers give me fair predictions. Good Luck everyone.
And if anyone knows if OCR markschemes have been released please let me know as I am fretting over Kant :frown:
Why are some courses being taken out of clearing?
Original post by Pato1

Scottish lads taking em all mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pato1

NO!! which ones D:
Original post by MessyEffy
NO!! which ones D:

Quite a few from some universities are just ghosting out of the list.
Original post by Pato1
Quite a few from some universities are just ghosting out of the list.

Some courses being put out are like a one night stand with a fat chick. Only the Unis is the the guy, and the course is the fat girl. Naturally, they immediately take back what they did, but everyone's already seen it, so they just bare the shame in silence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pato1

Stop scaring me. I'm already checking 14 times per day smh
Original post by notanooblol
which modules? I remember seeing you on one of the exam threads. What grade are you aiming for?

c3, c4, fp3, fp3, s3, s4
Original post by ellefrancessa
Ahh I'm so nervous. I am AS. I've taken OCR English Lit (new spec), Edexcel History (new spec) & Philosophy and Ethics on the old spec. I'm hoping to go to Sussex or Exeter to do Politics and History but don't think I'll get good enough grades at AS to even consider Exeter!!!! I got AAD in mocks. I took the D again and turned it into a B. I'm just so nervous. My exams were so mixed. Some of the questions were a beauty and others awful :frown:. We will have to wait and see! I'm not too bothered for English and History though as long as my teachers give me fair predictions. Good Luck everyone.
And if anyone knows if OCR markschemes have been released please let me know as I am fretting over Kant :frown:

I got a conditional offer from Exeter to do History and Politics - the offers ABB - and I got BBCC last year (History, English Lit, English Language and Geography) If you re-take they'll take that into consideration and will probably give you and offer because I took literally everything again from AS (it sucks but I really wanted to get in) Hope it all goes well for you!! But uni's can be lenient and offers are based on predicted grades :smile:
Original post by Pato1

Wait,

Actually now that I've checked again it's the opposite for me. More and more unis doing my course are randomly entering clearing. I don't think Birmingham in clearing for it until a few hours ago

Quick Reply

Latest