The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by Kenan and Kel
On the third point, he's fighting Mkhi, Lingard and Rashford here; competition is just as tough. Mata (your two time and current player of the year) was better than all of them at the time.

Other than Mkhitaryan no player is as good as the Chelsea AMs/RWs we had at the time. Also Mourinho did say that he wanted Mata to adapt at RW and he's played there for 3 seasons now.

Anyway hard to tell what Mourinho really wants from the team just yet as he is not using his full strength squad and Pogba will offer a different style of play to any of the other midfielders in the team.
(edited 7 years ago)
Castles has confirmed Mata & Blind are both staying as they've won Mourinho over.

Seen Young linked to Palace though, we badly need to move players on. Him, Rojo & Schweinsteiger should all go by deadline day. Our wage bill must be ****ing ridiculous at the moment, luckily it's not just us as City are in the exact same position with Yaya, Bony, Navas, Mangala, Nasri.

Think we're going to see this happening a lot more often with all the money in the Premier League. Too many duds on huge contracts who won't leave as they know they won't get the same deal anywhere else.
Mourinho saying Fellaini is a key player in our team....saddens me....

**** Fellaini and **** Rooney.
Original post by trapking
Mourinho saying Fellaini is a key player in our team....saddens me....

**** Fellaini and **** Rooney.

And Bad Boy as a staff, record label, and as a whole mother****ing crew?
Truth is, if Fergie was manager with this squad, Fella would still start loads of matches. There's obviously a reason why every manager he's played under has used him.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm salty that Chelsea have won their first game :pain:

I was just watching the game and to be honest they deserved that goal at the end.
Truth is, if Fergie was manager with this squad, Fella would still start loads of matches. There's obviously a reason why every manager he's played under has used him.

Fergie wouldn't have bought Fellani ever mate.
Original post by trapking
Fergie wouldn't have bought Fellani ever mate.

Did I say that you dozy twit?
Jose uses a small squad, so I would imagine he'll need to butter people up, he's already talked about Rashford, and Memphis players who you would expect will see few minutes. Would imagine as Pogba builds up fitness, Fellaini will be no different.
That's part of Mourinho's skill set. He is very good at increasing an average player's confidence in order to boost their form.
Did I say that you dozy twit?

What you said was common sense; of course if a manager has current resources (i.e. players) he's going to use them but whether that manager actually keeps those players or lets them go is another story.

We now have far too many players (some of which don't really benefit this "new style" of playing but are still in the team a.k.a. Fellaini being one of those of course).
There's worser players who need to go before Fellaini.

Thoughts on Jose Fonte? Wouldn't mind him as a back-up. The thought of having Jones/Rojo in defence is frightening.
Original post by Dirtybit
That's part of Mourinho's skill set. He is very good at increasing an average player's confidence in order to boost their form.

more bursting box to box dynamic runs like this pls

Original post by Rk2k14

Some of those back-up's are absolute AIDS... Memphis, Jones and Romero..
Original post by Manchester United
Some of those back-up's are absolute AIDS... Memphis, Jones and Romero..

Memphis- Think he'll have a decent season under Mou.
Jones- Most likely gone and we other players such as Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe's who has generated a lot of buzz.
Romero- Argentina's no1 as a back up is ok if you ask me.

On the whole the squads looking pretty strong.
Original post by Rk2k14
Memphis- Think he'll have a decent season under Mou.
Jones- Most likely gone and we other players such as Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe's who has generated a lot of buzz.
Romero- Argentina's no1 as a back up is ok if you ask me.

On the whole the squads looking pretty strong.

Really? He is lazy, sluggish and doesn't track back. He sounds like Mou's worst nightmare. He'll be gone by this time next year imo.

Jones should be played in a few Europa games, build up some hype, then flog him to Sunderland for £12m.
I like Romero.

Also Jones is still Duncan Edwards V.2 IDEC *
Really? He is lazy, sluggish and doesn't track back. He sounds like Mou's worst nightmare. He'll be gone by this time next year imo.

Jones should be played in a few Europa games, build up some hype, then flog him to Sunderland for £12m.

Hopefully he realises its his last chance to make a case for himself and start to earn his place in the team. If he doesn't then he can roll out in his Royce.

Jones and Rojo need to go ASAP. Rooney gone next year (now would be ideal but we all can't have what we want).

Maybe lol. We could recoup the money I'm sure, if Yannick Bolasie goes for £25million just LOL at the market.

Enjoyed the game although Bournemouth were difficult to break down first half and we didn't have much urgency. Can't wait to see Pogba to get some energy in there.

Rooney is just....please stop playing him Mou.

Latest