The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried about their future ? AS Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 07cdominic
Aw thank you sooo much! :smile: it was pretty helpful advice actually haha but I'm applying to medicine #nuffsaid 😂

Haha, fair play. He's doing Philosophy, and I'm hoping to do History. Good luck with your application, I really hope you get in and get what you want on Thursday, as well!

I wanted to do medicine for a long time, but I don't think I'd've have the stomach (or scientific talent) for it - I'd rather study dead people. :wink:
Original post by DarkEnergy
What course(s) you gonna apply for? Applying for Physics and UCL "only" require AAA

Applying for Physics/Astrophysics for my masters, for my undergraduate I was to study Chemistry or a Joint degree with Chemistry...

Yea but for health reasons, I doubt i achieved that this year, I'm aiming for those grades or A*s next year, which is likely...well I will make it likely...I like getting my way
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Haha, fair play. He's doing Philosophy, and I'm hoping to do History. Good luck with your application, I really hope you get in and get what you want on Thursday, as well!

I wanted to do medicine for a long time, but I don't think I'd've have the stomach (or scientific talent) for it - I'd rather study dead people. :wink:

Good luck to you too! :smile: And haha of course
Original post by BunnyMidnight
Applying for Physics/Astrophysics for my masters, for my undergraduate I was to study Chemistry or a Joint degree with Chemistry...

Why would you do Chemistry at undergraduate with the intention of doing a Physics masters, considering most MSc Physics/Astrophysics degrees require Physics at undergrad? Genuinely curious.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Why would you do Chemistry at undergraduate with the intention of doing a Physics masters, considering most MSc Physics/Astrophysics degrees require Physics at undergrad? Genuinely curious.

Well for one I don't do A-level physics and two I wanna do Astrochem.
Reply 105
I'm worried - I'm predicted to get AAAA, but it's likely I'll get AABC if that, and anything less than AAAA is seen as bad by some of my teachers. I wanted to apply for Oxford, but it's likely to be impossible as certain exams went so badly (my WJEC Law exams were horrible, around 40 people left early in the final exam, people were in tears after the exams etc) and History didn't go well either. Hopefully my teachers will concentrate on helping the A2 students and will ignore me though ~
Reply 106
I think next year is going to be our year to succeed.
Original post by Dnkz7

Hopefully!!
Some people are saying that you don't have to declare AS results on UCAS if they're reformed subjects?

As far as I'm aware you do, I'm applying (or wanting to apply to) Cambridge so I'll probably have to anyway. Just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this?

Original post by Dnkz7

I'd like to think so :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Some people are saying that you don't have to declare AS results on UCAS if they're reformed subjects?

As far as I'm aware you do, I'm applying (or wanting to apply to) Cambridge so I'll probably have to anyway. Just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this?

Yeah you have to declare all grades regardless of them being reformed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Yeah you have to declare all grades regardless of them being reformed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought so! My friend (different college) doesn't seem to believe me so she'll probably get a nasty shock when she has to declare them. Thanks!
Thought so! My friend (different college) doesn't seem to believe me so she'll probably get a nasty shock when she has to declare them. Thanks!

It's OK, I almost forgot to declare a GCSE grade, but fortunately I did it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112

Some people haven't even taken exams yet, or internal exams but they don't have to declare their grades. You could simply put 'pending' on the application I think.
It's OK, I almost forgot to declare a GCSE grade, but fortunately I did it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like I'll have to tell Cambridge of my failed GCSE Drama and Law attempts *gulp*

Well, the first was all coursework and I was in hospital for four years (on and off). The second we didn't even have a teacher for! :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
I honestly don't know what to feel right now, I didn't do how I wanted to, I hope I get B's, I take chem, bio, geo and psy! I think staying and thinking positively is important, it's not A2 at least!
Original post by Dnkz7
Some people haven't even taken exams yet, or internal exams but they don't have to declare their grades. You could simply put 'pending' on the application I think.

I had to put pending, but when Apply is up and running again after results day, I will add the grades ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
I had to put pending, but when Apply is up and running again after results day, I will add the grades ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is your PS ready yet? I need help on PS if you are ready to apply.
Original post by Dnkz7
Is your PS ready yet? I need help on PS if you are ready to apply.

Not entirely ready, I need to add info on the work experience I did a few weeks ago but when that's done it will be 100% ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not too worried, mainly cause only 3 of mine count this year, and I should be getting around my predicted grades for each. Good Luck guys hopefully we all get the grades we want :smile:
Reply 119
Iam feeling somewhat optimistic about A2 however. I've learnt so much from AS in regards to how I should actually revise and what works for advanced courses. So next year I feel like I will be so much more prepared.

Quick Reply

Latest