The Student Room Group

Hair dye!

Does anyone else dye their hair unusual colours? I currently have purple hair with blue underneath :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Mine's pink! Before that, it was purple, before that, it was blue, before that, it was blue and pink and purple, before that it was red... etc etc :biggrin:
I do! Currently my hair is a mix of silver and blue - almost like a metallic blue. Previously it was grey, before that tropical aqua, before that red on non bleached hair. My next colour will be red again, however my hair will be bleached this time so it will be much more visible and brighter hopefully! After that I'm thinking of a green, like a tree coloured green. Check out offbeatlook on YouTube and instagram if you're interested in dying your hair more, she's my inspiration :smile:
Reply 3
That sounds awesome :biggrin: I used to have white blonde hair, before that pink and before that black with feathers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Amefish
Mine's pink! Before that, it was purple, before that, it was blue, before that, it was blue and pink and purple, before that it was red... etc etc :biggrin:

Your pic looks awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by mollythec
Your pic looks awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :biggrin: I've been dying my hair for 8 years now :tongue:
I would love to dip dye my hair red/blue but my mum is against it. I have a box of dye in my room and it's practically collecting dust because I haven't touched it.
Reply 7
Original post by Amefish
Thanks :biggrin: I've been dying my hair for 8 years now :tongue:

Wow... That's commitment :tongue: I think I've been dying my hair properly about 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I would love to dip dye my hair red/blue but my mum is against it. I have a box of dye in my room and it's practically collecting dust because I haven't touched it.

Awh that sounds awful :frown: maybe you could suggest an underdye so you can at least hide it easily?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by imjustnotnormal
I do! Currently my hair is a mix of silver and blue - almost like a metallic blue. Previously it was grey, before that tropical aqua, before that red on non bleached hair. My next colour will be red again, however my hair will be bleached this time so it will be much more visible and brighter hopefully! After that I'm thinking of a green, like a tree coloured green. Check out offbeatlook on YouTube and instagram if you're interested in dying your hair more, she's my inspiration :smile:

Green sounds awesome :biggrin: also I've seen her, she's awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my hair dyed ginger for five years straight and I loved it and then I decided to get blonde highlights through it and then I got it bleached all over and went bright red. I loved it but once the grew in, I hated the thought of bleaching them every 3 weeks so I ended up going back to my natural dark brown for the first time in years and I'm going to keep it brown for another 6 months roughly to give my hair and scalp a break before I go back to my old ginger colour again :smile: its nice not having to dye it all the time now and for my roots to match the lengths for once but brown hair isn't really me any more. Here is a pic when my hair was red earlier this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dyed my hair black once for a party, It was kinda fun seeing it a different colour.

Any tips for getting my hair blonder without any products as I want to get it a few shades lighter
Reply 12
Original post by mollythec
Awh that sounds awful :frown: maybe you could suggest an underdye so you can at least hide it easily?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That colour is nice:biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by AperfectBalance
Dyed my hair black once for a party, It was kinda fun seeing it a different colour.

Any tips for getting my hair blonder without any products as I want to get it a few shades lighter

Sometimes spending lots of time outside in the sun can lighten your hair a little bit (but only temporarily), but I don't think there's really anything else you can really do without product. If you're worried about bleach damaging your hair then don't, as long as you use a conditioning mask after (maybe 1-2 days later) then it'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Spock's Socks
I had my hair dyed ginger for five years straight and I loved it and then I decided to get blonde highlights through it and then I got it bleached all over and went bright red. I loved it but once the grew in, I hated the thought of bleaching them every 3 weeks so I ended up going back to my natural dark brown for the first time in years and I'm going to keep it brown for another 6 months roughly to give my hair and scalp a break before I go back to my old ginger colour again :smile: its nice not having to dye it all the time now and for my roots to match the lengths for once but brown hair isn't really me any more. Here is a pic when my hair was red earlier this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah bleaching is a pain! I avoid doing it so often (mostly because it's too expensive!) by deliberately leaving the roots out so that is basically grows into a dip-dye :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest