The Student Room Group

Do I have to take diagnostic tests at the start of AS?

As I started college at 14, I did a year of GCSE's there. During the first couple of weeks we did a past paper for each subject to find out what we all knew. This I found quite humiliating as my other classmates had done the topic before so they did alright, while I had no clue.

I'm starting Biology, Maths, Chemistry and Physics A-levels in August and wondered if it would be the same and if so, do they tend to pick difficult ones or full exam papers?

Thanks for any replies :smile:
It depends upon your schools policy, I personally did'nt have any tests until the end of the first half term. But don't worry even if you do, try your best and learn from your mistakes. The result you get will be a long way from where are at the end of the year, as long as you put the work in.
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
It depends upon your schools policy, I personally did'nt have any tests until the end of the first half term. But don't worry even if you do, try your best and learn from your mistakes. The result you get will be a long way from where are at the end of the year, as long as you put the work in.

I was hoping that would be the case as we haven't been taught any of the topics yet and I suppose you're right. In chemistry I got an E in that test and ended up with an A haha. I just hated getting the low result at the start, so let's hope my school policy is the same as yours. *fingers crossed*

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest