The Student Room Group

Do guys get offended as much as girls do....

.... when you bring up their weight?. If a girl tells you you need to gain weight or pushes you to eat more do your feelings get hurt? I'm sure some guys do get their egos hurt of course. But do they take it as bad as women do? Idk, because guys have more of a Idgaf what anyone thinks attitude.

Because I always tell guys they need to eat more and it just occurred to me that maybe I'm being rude.

Discuss .....
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I dont think so.
But i know quite a few sensitive guys. :colonhash:
Nope. I love it, it makes me laugh when a girl tells me I need to gain weight/lift more. It hurts the ego for like 1 minute. Then it acts as motivation
Reply 3
From my experience, quite a few do

Guys will often claim that they don't get offended, then go off on a massive tirade once you say the wrong thing

FYI, you may have been a little rude lol.
Original post by xobeauty
.... when you bring up their weigh?. If a girl tells you you need to gain weight or pushes you to eat more do your feelings get hurt? I'm sure some guys do get their egos hurt of course. But do they take it as bad as women do? Idk, because guys have more of a Idgaf what anyone thinks attitude.

Discuss .....

I mean I think for both men and women there are individuals who are more sensitive and those who really don't give a damn about what someone says about their appearance. It may appear like there are more sensitive women due to the fact that women tend to be more open and willing to talk about these thing. Guys have this pressure to be a "tough guy" and have this weird man pride that kinda makes them feel like they need to act like they're invincible and that if they show that some comment has gotten to them they're a "pus*y" etc. So I reckon that comments like that do get to guys, but they just basically try not to show it at all, which is pretty upsetting
.... when you bring up their weight?. If a girl tells you you need to gain weight or pushes you to eat more do your feelings get hurt? I'm sure some guys do get their egos hurt of course. But do they take it as bad as women do? Idk, because guys have more of a Idgaf what anyone thinks attitude.

Because I always tell guys they need to eat more and it just occurred to me that maybe I'm being rude.

Discuss .....

Unless there extra sensitive about how others view them, not really. It's more of a girl thing to get offended easy, due to the fact society places a lot of pressure on them to be perfect all the time.
Nah, we usually laugh it off, hug, and move on. Ladies could learn a thing or two.
Original post by RelucBeam
Nope. I love it, it makes me laugh when a girl tells me I need to gain weight/lift more. It hurts the ego for like 1 minute. Then it acts as motivation

For real !!!!!! Guys get over stuff so fast.
Glad to hear it, the motivation part.
Original post by Another
From my experience, quite a few do

Guys will often claim that they don't get offended, then go off on a massive tirade once you say the wrong thing

FYI, you may have been a little rude lol.

I always say it in a concerned manner. But still.
Reply 9
Hell naw, I like being skinny. If someone thinks I need to gain a few kg then I respect that but at the end of the day I'm pretty happy with my physique.

I think guys in general care less.
Reply 10
Make fun of a man's penis, that's a confidence hitter

Discuss .....

How much do you eat, calorie-wise in a day?
Original post by UWS
Make fun of a man's penis, that's a confidence hitter

No way I did once and learned my lesson. Never again.
Reply 13
In my experience no
Original post by Ano9901whichone
How much do you eat, calorie-wise in a day?

Less than 1200 calories probably I stopped counting just trying to enjoy summertime stress free. Point?
No.
Less than 1200 calories probably I stopped counting just trying to enjoy summertime stress free. Point?

Damn, you need to eat a bit more I think.
Tbh I think i do have the "idgaf what anyone thinks" attitude.

A few months ago this guy saw a photo of me and said I was "overweight". I found it rather rude and was annoyed for a while. But then I realized that there's nothing to be annoyed about because 1) I'm not overweight, 2) my BMI is healthy and 3) why should I care what some guy thinks.

Just because I'm not skinny like a stick it doesn't mean I'm overweight. I ended up ignoring this guy and we never spoke again.
Original post by Ano9901whichone
Damn, you need to eat a bit more I think.

Try harder
Reply 19
If hes a beta or just an oversensitive little sissy (so basically a beta) then yeah

Quick Reply

Latest