The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried about their future ? AS Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nowen
Iam feeling somewhat optimistic about A2 however. I've learnt so much from AS in regards to how I should actually revise and what works for advanced courses. So next year I feel like I will be so much more prepared.

Yes same. I feel like Year 12 has helped me in so many ways, e.g. time management, organisation, productivity, self confidence and so many more. At the start, I couldn't even stand up in front of the class and deliver a presentation without sweating. Now, if I'm chosen to go first, I can do it with no setbacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hildi
I'm worried - I'm predicted to get AAAA, but it's likely I'll get AABC if that, and anything less than AAAA is seen as bad by some of my teachers. I wanted to apply for Oxford, but it's likely to be impossible as certain exams went so badly (my WJEC Law exams were horrible, around 40 people left early in the final exam, people were in tears after the exams etc) and History didn't go well either. Hopefully my teachers will concentrate on helping the A2 students and will ignore me though ~

I took Law and History too, v worried about results :/ I also want to apply to Oxford- out of interest, what would be the minimum AS grades you would apply with? Like if AAAA does not work out, would you still apply with say AABB?
Reply 122
I'm *****ing myself :s-smilie:
Honestly guys, you'll be fine. Even if you don't get the grades you were hoping for, you'll be okay - I got two Ds and a U and you end up learning more from a failure than a success. Maybe not school wise, but more about yourself for certain.
My exams were all wjec
My predictions:
Ict- B
Chemistry- U
biology- U

Exams were awful for sciences
Beginning of the year: AAAA
Middle of the year: AABB
Prediction on Results Day: BBC(D or U)
Original post by lemonandlime1
My exams were all wjec
My predictions:
Ict- B
Chemistry- U
biology- U

Exams were awful for sciences

I totally agree, I feel what will decide if I pass or not for WJEC sciences is the grade boundaries. :s-smilie:
Anyone did aqa physics, aqa chemistry, aqa maths or edexcel business stuudies????
Original post by AfcFob
Guys, I'll be at the airport waiting to go to Majorca when results come out... It's gonna make or break my holiday 😩😩

I'm hoping I got AAAB but I'm feeling it's more like AABC because Edexcel maths killed me (it could even be a D,not a C) and I need maths for biomed

wHAT OTHER SUBJECTS DID YOU TAKE? How did C1 and C2 go for you? and what was your last module S1 OR m1?
A street poet once said "Tables turn bridges burn you live and you learn" .
Original post by money-for-all
Maths, Physics , Bio , Chem

how about you ?

I did the same and think Ive done badly
Reply 131
rfgffd
(edited 6 years ago)
I thought stats was fine apart from last questiok that i made mistake brcause i intreoreted it wrong
Don't know how I'll cope tomorrow, or on the 20-30 minute drive up to college :frown:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Don't know how I'll cope tomorrow, or on the 20-30 minute drive up to college :frown:

Results day is on thursday
Original post by jayeshforce1
Results day is on thursday

Never said it wasn't, but tomorrow is the last full-day of waiting for Thursday.
Original post by robinback
I totally agree, I feel what will decide if I pass or not for WJEC sciences is the grade boundaries. :s-smilie:

Yeah totally, wjec were terrible for the exams and were so hard, I know grade boundaries will probably be lower but I think I did that awful that even with lower grade boundaries I still think I will get U's
Original post by SteamboatMickey

I'm busying myself by doing the summer work I need to do for school. I really hope that it was worth starting it, in case I have to retake a year or leave....:frown: what will be will be. I just need to make sure I'm okay with the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I'm busying myself by doing the summer work I need to do for school. I really hope that it was worth starting it, in case I have to retake a year or leave....:frown: what will be will be. I just need to make sure I'm okay with the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't even focus on the summer work, which isn't good, it sounds like it'll be me rushing it over the weekend/Friday to be honest... :frown:
I don't know why I'm so worried because I know they dont count for half as much as they used too, but I guess I just get insecure about my intelligence when I mess up academically. :redface:
Original post by igotnomoney
Anyone did aqa physics, aqa chemistry, aqa maths or edexcel business stuudies????

AQA physics- Second paper ruined my life.
AQA Maths- C2 Wrecked my life even more.

Quick Reply

Latest