The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

About 40 hours of awake time remaining..
Original post by physicsmaths
Scottish lads taking em all mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milutin767
I'm in that stage where I go onto youtube and watch 'results day reactions' fml.

what a time to be alive
Original post by sophiehaddad
I feel the same way! What course? :smile:

Medicine
So this is my 2nd time around waiting for A2 results and it doesn't seem to get any better, though at least this year I know there is no point in even trying to sleep. I am just hoping I don't have to go near clearing again as it was rather traumatic last year with some rather horrible people on the other end at points. How ever my insurance this year was my firm last year and if I had the grades I have now, I would have got in last year xD. Since last year I was 1/400 marks away from a grade boundary in one subject and 1/600 marks away from a grade boundary in another. So I will just hope that with grade inflation being gone for now I will be able to get in.
I remember a time when I could fall asleep...
I'm bricking it, the nerves are starting to set in. i'm only AS but if I don't do as well as I had hoped... :frown:
Original post by Kyou
I'm bricking it, the nerves are starting to set in. i'm only AS but if I don't do as well as I had hoped... :frown:

Did you do as maths? Because

I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anywayC1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67C2- 73M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about Do you think I'd manage the
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Congrats! Why do you think your interview went dreadfully? That's quite a high offer tbh, I'd expect an offer of AAAC for 4 A levels. My interview went so badly, in my feedback they mentioned I was too nervous three times lol. I hope you get the grades, fingers crossed for you! Btw how do you feel your exams went? :smile:

Thought offers were usually on 3 subjects didn't think 4 alevels were needed?
Original post by sophiehaddad
Are examiners reports released alongside grade boundaries? :smile:

For AQA yes although you need to ask your teacher (or someone with access to post here)
Original post by Kyou

I'm only AS and I know the feeling

I can't sleep :frown:
I know we can always apply post-A2 if we really mess up but if I really mess up its going to wreck me personally... I'll struggle to get over it 😓
I guess tomorrow by this time I'll know if I got in or not ...

Spoiler

Original post by Hazard82
I was asked, "How would you resolve the Junior Doctor Crisis?"

Is that what Medicine interviews are like?

I would have been like 'B!tch I'm applying to do Medicine, not Politics! I wanna learn about organs and illnesses n 'sh!t, not how to shorten NHS waiting times!'
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Is that what Medicine interviews are like?

I would have been like 'B!tch I'm applying to do Medicine, not Politics! I wanna learn about organs and illnesses n 'sh!t, not how to shorten NHS waiting times!'

Haha ikr that one was a bit of a curve ball. But tbh it was all over the news. My friend got asked in their Medicine interview, "If you could bring back three people from the dead and have a dinner party with them, who would they be?" Glad I didn't get that one :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Did you do as maths? Because

I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anywayC1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67C2- 73M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about Do you think I'd manage the

If u look all the m1 grade boundaries for an a are in the 50s anyway so I wouldn't fret anyway ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Summertime sadness

So bittersweet! :redface:
: O Will there be 300 pages on this thread by Thursday?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
: O Will there be 300 pages on this thread by Thursday?

I think they'll be more😐
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Ah, I hope you meet your offer - I feel nervous too! UCL is a wonderful place and to study there would be a dream. Good luck! :colondollar:

Aha yeah hopefully we will both be able to study there and the dream can become a reality :biggrin:
Aargh...
**** the bed it's the day after tomorrow. I haven't ever had a single successful results day in which I can say that I'm proud of what I've achieved.
The average grade at my school last year was a D-

I worked it out though that if I get a C or D in my EPQ, I only need 3 Ds to go to uni.

Both of my Physics exams went atrociously so I'm expecting maybe an E in Physics but then again, my Chemistry and History exams were so good... I don't know what to expect really.

I'd be proud of myself if I got anything above a C in anything.
I haven't been able to sleep in days, the anxiety is killing me. Please be kind, brown envelope!

Quick Reply

Latest