The Student Room Group

The pill : age 14

I'm almost 15 and this is why I'm considering going on the pill.

I have been on my periods nearly 2-3 years and they have been so irregular and I have neber been bothered with it. When I got my boyfriend half way through of me having periods. He realised that they were irregular and freaked out. He does this every month (I know it sounds bad but it is not as bad as it sounds ) and it worrys me. Like we are not sexually active and don't plan on being. But we both think it's good if I go in so I'm protected so I won't be pregnant and my periods will be more regular. Also I have bad acne and I want it to sort out as I have had if since year 6.

How would I convince my mum to let me go on the pill?? I have told her before earlier on in the year. As am 15 in soon , how could I explain it with out her thinking its for sex?
You don't need parent permission, go to your GP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I started on the pill at 14 or 15 (I'm nearly 19 now and still taking the same one, it's the best thing I ever did) because after I finished acne treatment it was recommended to keep my acne under control when I came off that course, I also used it to control my crazy heavy/painful and irregular periods and being able to skip a period if you're doing something important is a god send! I'd just explain to your mum that your periods are really uncomfortable and getting you down and you have read that the pill would help, could show her this if she's worried? Just be prepared to talk honestly to her and answer her questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fxlloutboyy
You don't need parent permission, go to your GP.
GP's can contact the parents of anyone under 16 if they're concerned about her taking it or if her mum is at an appointment with her they may bring it up. Once you're 16 you can opt to have your parents kept in the dark but not before
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was at my GP to get the injection and i was told that if they think youre mature enough to handle a situation and youre over 13 then they mark on your file to say not to discuss the pill with the parent. Its confidentiality, they can only contact the parents if they're worried the child is in danger. I'm 16 but i asked oit of curiosity.
Reply 5
Thank you all 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest