The Student Room Group

US election: Donald Trump to call for 'testing' immigrants.

Scroll to see replies

This sounds like a very good idea.

and this would solve a lot of problems
Original post by BaconandSauce
This sounds like a very good idea.

and this would solve a lot of problems

Doesn't appear to solve the problem of domestic radicalisation, which Omar Mateen, and the San Bernardino shooters come under the category of - and almost all perpetrators of 'Islamic attacks' in Europe.
Original post by alevelstresss
Doesn't appear to solve the problem of domestic radicalisation, which Omar Mateen, and the San Bernardino shooters come under the category of - and almost all perpetrators of 'Islamic attacks' in Europe.

actually it would help towards it as it would prevent Muslims with extreme interpretations of their faith into the country and prevent them spreading their filth in their communities

But it's more than just blowing people up for fun it's also about attitude and morals (for example I don;t think homophobic immigrants should be allowed to emigrate to this country or people who argue that people aren't free to reject their faith or marry who they like )
actually it would help towards it as it would prevent Muslims with extreme interpretations of their faith into the country and prevent them spreading their filth in their communities

But it's more than just blowing people up for fun it's also about attitude and morals (for example I don;t think homophobic immigrants should be allowed to emigrate to this country or people who argue that people aren't free to reject their faith or marry who they like )

This can spread just as easily through the internet, try again.
Preventing entry to your country for people with ideologies geared towards killing your current citizens is racist*
This can spread just as easily through the internet, try again.

This would still be a start in addressing the issue (which I suspect is why you have problems with it)
Change the word to 'domestic Americans' and I'll throw it right back at you.

Domestic shootings are a far greater threat than 'radical Islam'.

That's not a reason to add more is it :rolleyes:
This would still be a start in addressing the issue (which I suspect is why you have problems with it)

It wouldn't, have you been paying any attention in the last 2 years? ISIL radicalise people online.
It wouldn't, have you been paying any attention in the last 2 years? ISIL radicalise people online.

I've been paying attention to the issue Islam has been causing since the Cole attack

Do you agree with the statement

Homophobic immigrants should not be allowed to emigrate to countries that support LGBT rights
I've been paying attention to the issue Islam has been causing since the Cole attack

Do you agree with the statement

Homophobic immigrants should not be allowed to emigrate to countries that support LGBT rights

What about homophobic Christians who already live in the country? Do you think they should be deported?

You don't give a **** about homophobia and LGBT rights, you just want to incriminate Muslims and immigrants.
What about homophobic Christians who already live in the country? Do you think they should be deported?

You don't give a **** about homophobia and LGBT rights, you just want to incriminate Muslims and immigrants.

What about again

And yes I do care hence my dislike of Islam and it's pedo prophet and why I support the right for countries to ban immigration from certain countries
What about again

And yes I do care hence my dislike of Islam and it's pedo prophet and why I support the right for countries to ban immigration from certain countries

If you care, why don't you hate all of these modern-day Christian pedophiles as well?

Smells like BS to me, you just want to blame your **** life on foreigners.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Preventing entry to your country for people with ideologies geared towards killing your current citizens is racist*

It does seem that way

Some seem to think that they have a god given right to emigrate to where they like.
I'm not sure why Trump's priority is tackling 'radical Islam' when the majority of shootings in the USA are done by white males. This entire section of his campaign against 'radical Islam' is pretty much him trying to win over the vote of the southern-state Americans who are inherently racist or otherwise hateful towards other cultures / religions.

No it's not, you utter fool. The majority of the mass shooters that happen (on average) about 3 times a year are white, but those are just the shootings that get coverage. EVERY DAY many more blacks/latinos will shoot each other in gang attacks
If you care, why don't you hate all of these modern-day Christian pedophiles as well?

Smells like BS to me, you just want to blame your **** life on foreigners.

I do this does not negate anything I have said though now does it.

and my life is great thank you.
Original post by richpanda
No it's not, you utter fool. The majority of the mass shooters that happen (on average) about 3 times a year are white, but those are just the shootings that get coverage. EVERY DAY many more blacks/latinos will shoot each other in gang attacks

Still not Islam though, right? Why is Trump so eager to focus on attacking Islam and not the domestic shooting problems, black or white?
I do this does not negate anything I have said though now does it.

and my life is great thank you.

It can't be that great if you spend hours daily ranting about Islam on a student forum :rolleyes:
It can't be that great if you spend hours daily ranting about Islam on a student forum :rolleyes:
Why do you refuse to answer the question.

Should a country allow people who are fundamentally against the principles of said country to immigrate there, yes or no?
Original post by The_Opinion
Why do you refuse to answer the question.

Should a country allow people who are fundamentally against the principles of said country to immigrate there, yes or no?

Yes or no, depends entirely on a myriad of other factors which haven't been considered by your question.

Ban immigration from countries where terrorism is widespread and vetting is poor

Make alliances with all countries fighting against terrorism

Introduce an ideology test for new immigrants arriving to the US

Keep Guantanamo Bay prison open

Establish a presidential commission to investigate Islamic terror

Work with Nato, despite previously calling it "obsolete"

The test on western values. All the more reason to get homegrown terrorists to carry out attacks. has he considered some people might lie?

So which countries are these going to be? North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Syria? Which others?

Make alliances= they already do.

Work with Nato- to do what? Its not a conventional war.

Presidential commission. They already have a state deprtament and should know what the hell is oing on over the last 20 years.

Quick Reply

Latest