The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawlieto
I also hate A levels because of the same reasons (especially maths A levels, it's like solving questions like a computer without having the faintest idea what you're doing) but my future depends on it so I took them seriously enough. It sounds like you're showing off with having learnt modules the morning before the exam. If your university place depends on your exam results, why haven't you started revising at least a week before?

Erm, How is it showing off If i didnt even get a C in them.
It isnt hard to get a D through learning it the day before. Showing off would be me learning the day before and getting an A*.
I was doing Doing STEP since late april ish as Cambridge care infinately more about step then a levels so i was getting my priorities right. Luckily i did ok in step and it might just pull me through.
Plus i was expecting an M5 95 but that didnt go as planned so my retarded plan went to shits and had to try and learn D2 otherwise I only would have needed 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pijktmyha
Ah good, that means I wasn't the only person in the country to do it :smile:

Yeah you're not the only one, they snuck it onto the back page didn't they?
Original post by somevirtualguy
Yeah you're not the only one, they snuck it onto the back page didn't they?

I honestly don't know what happened. I remember turning the paper over before the exam started and seeing "end of paper" and seeing a Q9. When I finished Q8 I thought I was finished. I had plenty of time for Q9. But like you say, luckily it was only an 8 marker. If it was like a 13 marker than that would definitely be no a*.

So anyway, which uni you hoping to go to and what degree?
Hi guys for those who did as maths I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anywayC1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67C2- 73M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about Do you think I'd manage the a sigh?
Reply 5344
Original post by Carolinec1206
20160815_210631.png

Did your friend do CIE, IB or other qualifications where results were released earlier?
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Hi guys for those who did as maths I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anywayC1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67C2- 73M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about Do you think I'd manage the a sigh?

Yep I think you should easily get an A :smile:.
You should have told your school they could have got the special consideration marking or something similar.
Hope all goes well, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jj15
Did your friend do CIE, IB or other qualifications where results were released earlier?

Look at the date it's not this year
Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c
Original post by duncant

Great name
Original post by physicsmaths
Erm, How is it showing off If i didnt even get a C in them.
It isnt hard to get a D through learning it the day before. Showing off would be me learning the day before and getting an A*.
I was doing Doing STEP since late april ish as Cambridge care infinately more about step then a levels so i was getting my priorities right. Luckily i did ok in step and it might just pull me through.
Plus i was expecting an M5 95 but that didnt go as planned so my retarded plan went to shits and had to try and learn D2 otherwise I only would have needed 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge care about both step and A2 grades... I know one friend who got A*A*A*A* at A2 and missed her step offer and got rejected and one who completely aced step but only got A*AAB at A2 and also get rejected. With maths at Cambridge they give out more offers than places as they know some people wont meet offers, and hence if you miss you often end up rejected. Its kinda harsh... But maybe you should have revised more than the night before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
Cambridge care about both step and A2 grades... I know one friend who got A*A*A*A* at A2 and missed her step offer and got rejected and one who completely aced step but only got A*AAB at A2 and also get rejected. With maths at Cambridge they give out more offers than places as they know some people wont meet offers, and hence if you miss you often end up rejected. Its kinda harsh... But maybe you should have revised more than the night before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm weird.
Admission tutors seem to think different to your ********.
What grades we talking in 'aced' step probably low grade 1s.
Plus not getting an A* in Further maths is very different not getting an A* in physics for a maths applicant.
Do you even know what your talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707

Posted from TSR Mobile

The one who missed A level offer likely had a better chance of getting picked up in the summer pool, but generally speaking, if you were to sacrifice performance in one for the other (he was doing BMO stuff before this) then you'd prioritise STEP and try get as close to possible in the A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Thought offers were usually on 3 subjects didn't think 4 alevels were needed?

Yeah they are usually but some unis can give you a different offer if you do four I think
Original post by lucabrasi98
Manchester and loads of other places were off clearing for biomedicine and biochemistry the last time I checked (2 days ago). It seems to be a really popular course

Thank you for replying!! Do you think the grade requirements would be any lower than they usually are for clearing? They are normally around AAA-ABB but I'm not sure (I doubt) I'll get that so I feel like trying to get in but I feel like it may also be risky? But I really don't want my firm or insurance.. Opinion/ advice???
How you guys feeling about results day?
I'm absolutely *****ing it lool
Hi, my original offer for computer science is BBB at Aston university. However i think i'm going to get BBC, is there a chance they will accept me with a lower grade.
Im thinking of maybe not looking at grade boundaries + mark schemes tomorrow... i told myself looking at them would help calm my nerves for results day by knowing what i got a day before; in reality, all i feel like im doing is giving myself 2 days of torture instead of 1. sooooo

see ya on the other side folks!
Anyone else feeling so nervous today?
Reply 5358
Original post by duncant

Same for last year where results of CIE, IB or other qualifications were released earlier.
Original post by AshEntropy
Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c

No. I thought that was better than chem 5. But I did revise for that more than any other exam.

Quick Reply

Latest