The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Hmm weird.
Admission tutors seem to think different to your ********.
What grades we talking in 'aced' step probably low grade 1s.
Plus not getting an A* in Further maths is very different not getting an A* in physics for a maths applicant.
Do you even know what your talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no need to be rude. She was only offering advice based on what she knows. She doesn't claim to be an admissions tutor and know everything.
It's extremely irresponsible of you to have repeatedly left revision to the morning of or night before an exam. That's your problem and no one else's.
But I hope you still do well and grade boundaries are in your favour. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any way to see the mark schemes for AQA /OCR tomorrow?
Hmm weird.
Admission tutors seem to think different to your ********.
What grades we talking in 'aced' step probably low grade 1s.
Plus not getting an A* in Further maths is very different not getting an A* in physics for a maths applicant.
Do you even know what your talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She is confuse
She doesn't know Cambz give more offers for Maths because of STEP
and that STEP literally implies acceptance
She is stupid but chill fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Hi guys for those who did as maths I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anyway
C1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67
C2- 73
M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about

Do you think I'd manage the A for as maths sigh

Yes👍🏾
Original post by mliela
There's no need to be rude. She was only offering advice based on what she knows. She doesn't claim to be an admissions tutor and know everything.
It's extremely irresponsible of you to have repeatedly left revision to the morning of or night before an exam. That's your problem and no one else's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I know it is I didn't blame anyone else for that. I knew the moment i got my offer I wasn't going to meet it since I knew I won't get an A* in Physics.
Yeh I know I am irresponsible and I don't expect them to take me hence why I am preparing for clearing.
Thanks, gl to you aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5365
Grade boundaries out tomorrow and unis reply to offers wow nerves really kicking in
Original post by mliela

Posted from TSR Mobile

The advice was stupid and completely false.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lulu1609
Anyone else feeling so nervous today?

Yes! I definitely consider myself a lot more nervous today considering my friend offered me a lift to and from the school on Thursday - just the thought of results day makes me feel sick now :frown:
Yh I know it is I didn't blame anyone else for that. I knew the moment i got my offer I wasn't going to meet it since I knew I won't get an A* in Physics.
Yeh I know I am irresponsible and I don't expect them to take me hence why I am preparing for clearing.
Thanks, gl to you aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are in, trust me
Churchill gonna take you with those STEP grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mliela

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well said I thought it was extremely rude also.
Original post by AshEntropy
Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c

//raises both hands and legs

Will be shocked with anything higher than a C in CHEM4 tbh
Original post by AshEntropy
Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c

Yeah, I think I got between 88-90 in CHEM4 and 90-92 in CHEM5. I think 88 will be full UMS in CHEM4 and 92 will be full UMS in CHEM5, but...

Time will tell!!
Original post by shayankurdboy
Hi, my original offer for computer science is BBB at Aston university. However i think i'm going to get BBC, is there a chance they will accept me with a lower grade.

It's very common for applicants to be accepted with one (or sometimes many more) dropped grades.

There are no guarantees though - if they are overwhelmed with applicants who have met their offers or they know that applicants with a C in that subject tend to fail then you will be rejected.

If they can fit you in and think you can pass the course then you'll be accepted.
Original post by amityville
Well said I thought it was extremely rude also.

Sorry about that.
I thought her comment at the end although true was said to be rude aswell.
Guess no one notices that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by |Jacob| ye^
Which college is your offer from?

pembroke
Original post by mgill17
//raises both hands and legs

Will be shocked with anything higher than a C in CHEM4 tbh

Same here :c
12 hours till edexcel boundaries :redface:?
Reply 5377
Just think, behind that frozen wall on track, your unis will have responded...
Hi there, I failed to obtain an offer from my firm for economics as i failed a maths exam which was required for me to get in. I then asked if i could switch to a course which was listed in the clearing vacancies and they said they would phone me back and it was probable. They didnt ring so this morning I rang up to ask to ask for an update and they basically said the course was now full despite being on clearing still. Do you think they are rejecting me because my A level results aren't good enough since ucas have my results and they have access to them?
Original post by Windies
12 hours till edexcel boundaries :redface:?

There is no exact time - it could be from any time tomorrow so just keep your eyes peeled.

Quick Reply

Latest