The Student Room Group

UCAS v Telegraph clearing tools

I thought these two sources would be aligned but have noted some discrepancies since Telegraph's Clearing tool went live this week. Should we assume UCAS as the gospel truth here? Perhaps not.

I'm sure that read somewhere on TSR that UCAS's Clearing tool would be absolutely up to date with University Claering movements for the first time this year?

Comments from those in the know are appreciated.
Original post by Quick_look_busy
I thought these two sources would be aligned but have noted some discrepancies since Telegraph's Clearing tool went live this week. Should we assume UCAS as the gospel truth here? Perhaps not.

I'm sure that read somewhere on TSR that UCAS's Clearing tool would be absolutely up to date with University Claering movements for the first time this year?

Comments from those in the know are appreciated.

UCAS is the most accurate - the Telegraph feeds off the UCAS search (but will only be updated periodically).

However both will only show what universities have entered onto UCAS systems - the MOST up to date listings (and the only place to find out clearing offer grades) are on individual university websites...and even then you might phone up to find that a course has been pulled but noone has updated the website yet.
Original post by PQ
UCAS is the most accurate - the Telegraph feeds off the UCAS search (but will only be updated periodically).

However both will only show what universities have entered onto UCAS systems - the MOST up to date listings (and the only place to find out clearing offer grades) are on individual university websites...and even then you might phone up to find that a course has been pulled but noone has updated the website yet.

Thanks PQ, comments appreciated.

So basically, The Telegraph have reinvented the wheel and a slightly square one at that.
Original post by Quick_look_busy
Thanks PQ, comments appreciated.

So basically, The Telegraph have reinvented the wheel and a slightly square one at that.

yup

(and also UCAS doesn't share and universities are lazy about updating UCAS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending