The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Looking for accommodation

Hi
I am coming to Northumbria University in September and I haven't taken care of my accommodation yet.
Does anyone know of any accommodation off campus or any websites where I can search for it?
Also is there anyone who still hasn't found accommodation and is also going to Newcastle?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Francisco1
Hi
I am coming to Northumbria University in September and I haven't taken care of my accommodation yet.
Does anyone know of any accommodation off campus or any websites where I can search for it?
Also is there anyone who still hasn't found accommodation and is also going to Newcastle?

Thanks

Hi Francisco1!

There are plenty of private halls that you can look into, run by various companies. I made a map last year to pinpoint them all - they're the green markers on the map.

Hope that helps!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by dp247
Hi Francisco1!

There are plenty of private halls that you can look into, run by various companies. I made a map last year to pinpoint them all - they're the green markers on the map.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much. Do you also know of any websites that have private renting or some type of accommodation besides private halls and student halls?
Reply 3
Thank you very much. Do you also know of any websites that have private renting or some type of accommodation besides private halls and student halls?

You could always have a look at some of the estate agents for student housing/flats that aren't halls. I'm not sure how available they'll be, but I'll list a few of the bigger lettings agencies:

Walton Robinson
Roseworth
Pat Robson
EasiLiving
Let's Live Here
Reply 4
Original post by dp247
You could always have a look at some of the estate agents for student housing/flats that aren't halls. I'm not sure how available they'll be, but I'll list a few of the bigger lettings agencies:

Walton Robinson
Roseworth
Pat Robson
EasiLiving
Let's Live Here
What a life saver. Thank you very much dp247Cheers
Reply 5
What a life saver. Thank you very much dp247Cheers

No problem! Inbox me or quote me if you need anything else :smile:
Hello,
I have the same problem with accommodation yet I'm looking at the options on campus. I have two buildings in mind: Glenamara and Stephenson :smile: I will be studying Business so which accommodation is:
1. Closer to the library?
2. Quieter?
3. Closer to the Business facility/ies?
4. Sports Hall?
5. Has a stove? I know it sounds silly but the uni does not mention this "tiny detail" in their description.

You could recommend a place based on these criterias too :biggrin:
If you could answer this question, it'd be phenomenal as I do not have any opinions on the topic yet :frown:

Thanks, loads :smile:
Hi

Thanks

Hey Francisco,

Great news you are going to Northumbria Uni in Sept :smile:

We have 3 off campus accommodation options you might find interesting. All of them are brand new for this September and offer a really incredible living experience.

I have included the video for Plummer House which is pretty cool. for any more information, just visit the website www.collegiate-ac.com

I wish you the best of luck in your search :smile:

[video="vimeo;176489811"]https://vimeo.com/176489811[/video]
Reply 8
Hi

Thanks

Hi, I have a room that I need to let. It's Knoll Court, Tower Street. £99 ppw for an en-suite. If you want to know anymore, just drop me a message :smile:

Joe.
Reply 9
Original post by CristinaMan
Hello,
I have the same problem with accommodation yet I'm looking at the options on campus. I have two buildings in mind: Glenamara and Stephenson :smile: I will be studying Business so which accommodation is:
2. Quieter?
4. Sports Hall?
5. Has a stove? I know it sounds silly but the uni does not mention this "tiny detail" in their description.

If you could answer this question, it'd be phenomenal as I do not have any opinions on the topic yet :frown:

I need to let out a flat in Knoll Court, Tower Street. £99 pw and only a 2 minute walk from Northumbria Uni and 5 from the City Centre! Message me for more info! More than happy to give you more details e.g website, washing etc..

Joe.
Reply 10
Original post by CristinaMan
Hello,
2. Quieter?
4. Sports Hall?

I'd be happy to!

1) They're both on the same street - almost opposite each other, so they're the same distance away :tongue:.
2) I'd say Stephenson would be quieter because there are less people in the flats, though it depends on the people you share with. I think there's options to book into quiet sections of the accommodation though too.
3) They're the same, though Glenamara is quicker by literally 30 seconds.
4) Same as 3.
5) They both come with cookers/hobs in the communal kitchens.

Both buildings are only about a three minutes walk to the business campus too, so whichever you choose, you won't be miles away!
Original post by dp247
I'd be happy to!

1) They're both on the same street - almost opposite each other, so they're the same distance away :tongue:.
2) I'd say Stephenson would be quieter because there are less people in the flats, though it depends on the people you share with. I think there's options to book into quiet sections of the accommodation though too.
3) They're the same, though Glenamara is quicker by literally 30 seconds.
4) Same as 3.
5) They both come with cookers/hobs in the communal kitchens.

Both buildings are only about a three minutes walk to the business campus too, so whichever you choose, you won't be miles away!

Thanks a lot, that sounds like a tie :smile: I'll just have to see which one looks better then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending