The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rumours were suggesting Palace were looking at Sissoko from Newcastle with that money.

Would be inclined to wait you guys out and ask for a loan deal with Benteke tbh.
Reply 9021
Original post by Lúcio
Absolutely no doubt it'll happen.

It's either Benteke or relegation tbh

To be fair Benteke is not the only striker in the world, for £30m+ even in today's market you can compete for some decent options (by Palace's standards).
Original post by Fizzel
Rumours were suggesting Palace were looking at Sissoko from Newcastle with that money.

Would be inclined to wait you guys out and ask for a loan deal with Benteke tbh.

I thought Sissoko was looking for a move to Real Madrid? :colondollar:

I imagine Klopp would just keep Benteke if we got a pisstake offer.

Original post by mhsc
To be fair Benteke is not the only striker in the world, for £30m+ even in today's market you can compete for some decent options (by Palace's standards).

Really? Most clubs seem to be struggling for strikers. A lot of others won't be willing to sell so late in the window with only less than 2 weeks to find a replacement.
Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Leicester all dropping points this weekend, all the while we win one of the hardest games of the season :biggrin:
Could barely ask for a better start tbh...

Not to mention Arsenal playing Leicester in the next fixture - we could go 6 points clear of one or (preferably) 5 points clear of both!

Inb4 loss to Burnley...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel

No way we'll let him go out on loan - people are assuming Benteke is a terrible player when he really isn't.

Hard to judge him for us last season because he couldn't be a worse fit for our style, however he scores some spectacular goals out of nothing and could be absolutely amazing for Palace.
I don't think £32.5m is bad for them when you consider the price that players are going for in this league,
Benteke is useless...can't believe klopp is keeping moreno. Still buzzing after yesterday, what a win! But hopefully henderson can keep up the good work.
Original post by Lúcio
No way we'll let him go out on loan - people are assuming Benteke is a terrible player when he really isn't.
Not saying he's a terrible player but if no one buys him, you're more likely to get a good sale after a season of banging goals than sitting on your bench. It will be two season since people saw him do anything of note if he stays. Loan move would probably be cheaper than paying his wages too. You've had all summer to shift him, if I was Palace I'd be angling for a try before you buy.

Original post by Zerforax
I thought Sissoko was looking for a move to Real Madrid? :colondollar:
Bizarre from them if those rumours are true. A lot of money for what he brings.
Mane's goal on Sunday was superb. Was stood at the end where he scored, great finish. As top binnish as top bins can be. A lot of people scoffed at his price tag but in today's market you'll rarely buy any player for what he's actually worth. When you consider Everton have just spunked £30m on Bolasie who is a bigger speed merchant than Usain Bolt, puts it into some perspective.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Reply 9028
We've rejected a £30mil bid for Benteke from Palace....
Original post by cBay

And now it begins...

Why is everybody trying to get him for £30m when we've clearly stated a price of £32.5m?
I know it's only a few million difference but I think it's the notion of not making a loss on him that we wish to achieve.
Original post by cBay

Original post by Lúcio
And now it begins...

Why is everybody trying to get him for £30m when we've clearly stated a price of £32.5m?
I know it's only a few million difference but I think it's the notion of not making a loss on him that we wish to achieve.

Liverpool have rejected an offer worth £30m from Crystal Palace for striker Christian Benteke.

The bid of £23m up front plus £7m in add-ons follows a previous offer of £25m, which was turned down.

Benteke, 25, has fallen out of favour at Liverpool since boss Jurgen Klopp took over last October, starting only eight league games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37094111

Not really £30mil if almost a quarter of it is in add-ons? We just need someone else to come in for a bidding war to get it over the line at £32.5mil..
Looks like Lloris will be injured for the game against us - that's big.

Vorm is a good sub keeper for them but Lloris is another level and that could make the difference...
I think pardew must be smoking something...stupid offer.
I just love being right about Sterling. He looks amazing with City. People were saying he is rubbish and now I say I was right.
Original post by Lúcio
Looks like Lloris will be injured for the game against us - that's big.

Vorm is a good sub keeper for them but Lloris is another level and that could make the difference...

Let's see if we can beat Burnley and Burton first..

Original post by Ellie_LFC
I think pardew must be smoking something...stupid offer.

Palace offered an initial £23.5 million with a further £7 million in add-ons. Those additional clauses included £2.5 million should Palace qualify for the Champions League with Benteke scoring 20 goals and playing in 70 per cent of the fixtures of such a top-four campaign. These three conditions formed part of the same clause.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/16/liverpool-reject-305m-christian-benteke-bid-as-fee-relied-on-pal/

:rofl:
Original post by James.Carnell
I just love being right about Sterling. He looks amazing with City. People were saying he is rubbish and now I say I was right.

You are, people are haters

Posted from TSR Mobile

He only looks "amazing" because he's surrounded by amazing players.

I mean look at how he played when Suarez will still at Liverpool!

He's average at best.
Original post by Zerforax
Let's see if we can beat Burnley and Burton first..

Palace offered an initial £23.5 million with a further £7 million in add-ons. Those additional clauses included £2.5 million should Palace qualify for the Champions League with Benteke scoring 20 goals and playing in 70 per cent of the fixtures of such a top-four campaign. These three conditions formed part of the same clause.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/16/liverpool-reject-305m-christian-benteke-bid-as-fee-relied-on-pal/

:rofl:

That's actually amazing :biggrin:
Does he have to win the 200m final too?

Ballsy from Palace, almost as insulting as when Arsenal offered £40,000,001 for Suarez...
Original post by Dodgypirate
He only looks "amazing" because he's surrounded by amazing players.

I mean look at how he played when Suarez will still at Liverpool!

He's average at best.

And yet he is taking on players and creating assists. It doesn't help that the rest of the England team is rubbish.

Pellegrini didn't use Sterling in the right way. He'll do well under Guardiola imo.

Latest