The Student Room Group

Who do you want to talk to? - University of Cambridge

Hi everyone!

WHO do you want to ask questions to?

We have lots of Admissions Tutors getting involved on TSR, but is there anyone else that you would find useful to talk to at the University of Cambridge?

Matt
CAO

Mod edit: just to note, any questions asking for admissions assistance should be posted in one of the existing AT threads here:
Ask Peterhouse - 2017 entry:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4300314
21+ admissions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2878031
Such posts will be removed from this thread to keep it on track :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

If your questions is regarding admissions, then it would be better suited to the 'Ask an Admissions Tutor' thread.

This is an opportunity for you to let us know WHO you would like to speak to at the University of Cambridge.

Matt
CAO
Medicine admission tutors.
Trinity College Admission officers for Matematics please.
Engineering admissions tutors

And mature students themselves - if that's possible?
Medicine, as above :h:
Reply 6
Computer Science tutors please
Are we allowed to specify names?
Matt,

A very brave representative from BoGS would be useful in the Postgrad forum for a few weeks each maybe in Jan (for pure application questions), March (for a mix of 'how long do I have to wait' and 'am I too late' questions), then right about now for the 'wtf are BoGS taking so long about' questions.

Every year there is a specific thread about PG entry, and those of us that have gone through it repeat umpteen times re College selection, BoGS, paperwork, what deadlines mean, the relationship between Colleges and the University etc etc. I don't expect BoGS to answer all these, but there are nuances of how the process works, especially about College selection when you don't get your first two choices that BoGS could really clarify for applicants.

If you take a look today though, don't show BoGS, it's all kicking off :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by threeportdrift
Matt,

A very brave representative from BoGS would be useful in the Postgrad forum for a few weeks each maybe in Jan (for pure application questions), March (for a mix of 'how long do I have to wait' and 'am I too late' questions), then right about now for the 'wtf are BoGS taking so long about' questions.

Every year there is a specific thread about PG entry, and those of us that have gone through it repeat umpteen times re College selection, BoGS, paperwork, what deadlines mean, the relationship between Colleges and the University etc etc. I don't expect BoGS to answer all these, but there are nuances of how the process works, especially about College selection when you don't get your first two choices that BoGS could really clarify for applicants.

If you take a look today though, don't show BoGS, it's all kicking off :wink:

^this

The undergrad ATs already do a great job in this forum. A postgrad equivalent would be very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColossalAtom
Are we allowed to specify names?

If there is someone specific, that you feel would benefit other users of TSR, please do let me know. If you could let me know why too, that would be really useful!
Reply 11
Original post by Laurasaur
thank you!

Good stuff. I'm going to delete the physics posts to keep this thread on track :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello Cambridge. My brother has GPA 4 in international university exams, (he studies at TSU - Tbilisi State University in Republic of Georgia) and he also has some qualifications. Does he have a chance to be funded in Cambridge on Philosophy degree if he applies to King's college?
Reply 13
Original post by Tamuna10
Hello Cambridge. My brother has GPA 4 in international university exams, (he studies at TSU - Tbilisi State University in Republic of Georgia) and he also has some qualifications. Does he have a chance to be funded in Cambridge on Philosophy degree if he applies to King's college?

Hi this thread isn't actually to ask questions to Cambridge. I think you should use one of the links in the opening post instead. (The answer will probably be there is only very limited funding for international undergraduates at Cambridge.)
Hi there,

Until recently I've been wanting to do medicine, but I've realised that my interests mainly lie within the science behind it, and natural sciences seems much more appealing to me. However, although I do relevant subjects, I'm unsure about whether I have the relevant experience for the course - what is it that you look for in natural science students that's particularly separate from medical students please?

Many thanks
Reply 15
Original post by I can do this
Hi there,

Until recently I've been wanting to do medicine, but I've realised that my interests mainly lie within the science behind it, and natural sciences seems much more appealing to me. However, although I do relevant subjects, I'm unsure about whether I have the relevant experience for the course - what is it that you look for in natural science students that's particularly separate from medical students please?

Many thanks

Hi this thread isn't actually to ask questions to Cambridge. I think you should use one of the links in the opening post instead.
Thank you to everyone for you posts so far, it's really useful to know WHO you want to talk to!

Keep your suggestions coming! :smile:
Pure and applied math tutors please :smile:
Original post by University of Cambridge
For this you would need to refer to the Ask an Admissions Tutor thread. This thread is not for admissions questions.

Sorry about that will remove of it right away
Reply 19
Original post by University of Cambridge
Thank you to everyone for you posts so far, it's really useful to know WHO you want to talk to!

Keep your suggestions coming! :smile:

Perhaps the thread needs a slight renaming to avoid people using it to ask actual questions... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply