The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm starting to really worry now, I know I messed up S2 but the others... I just can't tell!!!
Edexcel going to really mess us up with boundaries like they always do :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by Don Joiner
Can anyone verify this? Thanks by the way I'm so so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

This doesn't necessarily mean that the grade boundaries will be released at the same time, but this post from last years thread shows that edexcel released them at midnight. Maybe it will be midnight again this year, just wait and see.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=58372233&postcount=992
I only have a psychology resit with edexcel ;/ shame they're only the exam board releasing boundaries at midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
I only have a psychology resit with edexcel ;/ shame they're only the exam board releasing boundaries at midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got none with Edexcel, though really I'm not expecting the grade boundaries to change that much.
Guys are u all sure that grade boundries will be released at midnight
Original post by Don Joiner
Are you sure? Where does it say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend said AQA announced it was at 8am for them. Unsure about other exam boards
Reply 5467
Original post by nimesh007

Depends on the board.
AQA are at 8AM
Edexcel are speculated to be midnight
OCR any time from 1-9AM

I don't know anything about the other boards.
Original post by nimesh007

All we can tell you is what happened last year. Edexcel released at midnight. AQA didn't release theirs until about 8 I think.
Reply 5469
If you get rejected from your firm & insurance uni and you go into clearing, can you apply to your firm uni again through clearing? Providing they have spaces ofc
Original post by kayrx
If you get rejected from your firm & insurance uni and you go into clearing, can you apply to your firm uni again through clearing? Providing they have spaces ofc

Im not sure that will work; if they wanted to accept you, they would have done. It is very harsh, but I dont think they will change their decision
Original post by ninjass
Imagine if the edexcel bounderies are soo low and I can be more confident for the offer :smile: That will be such a good sleep !!!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss omg
Original post by MoonVirgo
For all subjects the UMS you get from AS and A2 are added up together.

For 4-units subjects (usually humanities) if you get 280/400 UMS overall (AS+A2) then it's a B; if you get 320/400 UMS overall then that's an A. BUT for an A*, you'll need to get an A overall (i.e. 320/400 across AS and A2 together) with an A* across your A2 units i.e. for your A2 you'll need at least 180/200 UMS - so minimum UMS for an A* would be 320/400 in which at least 180 of it must come from your A2 units.

For 6-units subjects (usually sciences, but I'm not sure about maths (I suppose it's a bit different?)), if you get 420/600 UMS overall (AS+A2) then you'll get a B; 480/600 for an A overall. Then for an A*, you'll again need an A* across your A2 units i.e. 270/300 UMS in addition to an A overall across your AS and A2 together - so again min. UMS for an A* is 480/600 with at least 270 of which coming from your A2 units.

(Hopefully I've done the maths right. I'll edit if I've spotted any mistakes. But this is the general idea. Also I'm talking about the old spec here just to clarify...)
To get an
A* in maths you need 90+ UMS (across AS and A2).
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
To get an

No you don't.
You need 180/200 in C3-4.
For further maths you need 270/300 in 3 A2 modules.
And 480/600 overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MoonVirgo
For all subjects the UMS you get from AS and A2 are added up together.

For 4-units subjects (usually humanities) if you get 280/400 UMS overall (AS+A2) then it's a B; if you get 320/400 UMS overall then that's an A. BUT for an A*, you'll need to get an A overall (i.e. 320/400 across AS and A2 together) with an A* across your A2 units i.e. for your A2 you'll need at least 180/200 UMS - so minimum UMS for an A* would be 320/400 in which at least 180 of it must come from your A2 units.

For 6-units subjects (usually sciences, but I'm not sure about maths (I suppose it's a bit different?)), if you get 420/600 UMS overall (AS+A2) then you'll get a B; 480/600 for an A overall. Then for an A*, you'll again need an A* across your A2 units i.e. 270/300 UMS in addition to an A overall across your AS and A2 together - so again min. UMS for an A* is 480/600 with at least 270 of which coming from your A2 units.

(Hopefully I've done the maths right. I'll edit if I've spotted any mistakes. But this is the general idea. Also I'm talking about the old spec here just to clarify...)
Isn't it mandatory to get 90+ UMS in C3 and C4 for the A*?
(edited 7 years ago)
To get an

No you don't. You need 480 total and 90 ums average across c3 and c4
lmao my mum bought me a colander the other day because she's convinced I'm moving out :facepalm:
I don't even want to think about buying stuff until I know I've got in :cry2::laugh:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
lmao my mum bought me a colander the other day because she's convinced I'm moving out :facepalm:
I don't even want to think about buying stuff until I know I've got in :cry2::laugh:

Same i'm thinking about the worst outcome possible to avoid jynxing anything
Isn't it mandatory to get 90+ UMS in C3 and C4 for the A*?

I'm not sure lol cos I don't take maths that's why I couldn't answer that myself. But the other guys here seem to have the right info. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest