The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chris2791
predicted A* core science
I think I just scraped an A*

im doing early entry im in year 10

That physics exam will probably bring down my grade for chemistry and Biology.
Original post by extraordinaire
Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I've noticed the edexcel maths grade boundary predictions are quite varied. I've seen some saying 158 for A* and others saying 169 :eek:

Last year was a lot harder than any other year and it showed in the grade boundaries, 155 for A*. This year it was a lot easier and it's likely to go up to about 164 for A*.
Original post by Dizgurl
I don't think they'll be very high nor extremely low, though I do think will be slightly higher than last years. But don't worry, A levels are much more rewarding and valuable than GCSE's, so if GCSE's didn't go well, you can always do better in A levels. :h: Don't get your hopes up though

I'm waiting for my results for AS Level on Thursday and was just intrigued about how people feel about their GCSEs so I came on this thread. It's kinda surreal given I was in the exact same position last year. GCSEs are almost always better than you expect because your teacher will always be a harsher marker when it comes to mocks and assessments compared to your actual examiner. A levels do give you that clean slate to start from, but be warned, they're so much harder.

You're absolutely right there. As soon as you get to college/sixth form, your GCSEs will feel pointless. Or at least that was mine and my friends' experience. No matter how bad it may seem now or on results day, so long as you get on to your college courses you want to do, your GCSEs won't matter one bit come that first lesson at college in September, because it's all about A level then, and that's what really matters, so as long as you put the work it next year, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miless090
Last year was a lot harder than any other year and it showed in the grade boundaries, 155 for A*. This year it was a lot easier and it's likely to go up to about 164 for A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, this years was easier. Compared to 2014, which do you think is harder?
i remember my gcse results day full of mixed emotions
Hi there I'm trollface
Strangely I'm feeling quite excited for results day... these words I'd never thought I'd put together. But I think that I just want to know what I got now, especially since a few letters on a page don't define me as a person.
Original post by _.Bantersaurus
Strangely I'm feeling quite excited for results day... these words I'd never thought I'd put together. But I think that I just want to know what I got now, especially since a few letters on a page don't define me as a person.

Well said! I know what you mean
From what I've heard, some people (mostly girls) spoil Results Day for literally everyone by crying hysterically. Why? I do not know.
Original post by _.Bantersaurus

Very poetic :wink:
Original post by JakeMuttitt
I'm waiting for my results for AS Level on Thursday and was just intrigued about how people feel about their GCSEs so I came on this thread. It's kinda surreal given I was in the exact same position last year. GCSEs are almost always better than you expect because your teacher will always be a harsher marker when it comes to mocks and assessments compared to your actual examiner. A levels do give you that clean slate to start from, but be warned, they're so much harder.

You're absolutely right there. As soon as you get to college/sixth form, your GCSEs will feel pointless. Or at least that was mine and my friends' experience. No matter how bad it may seem now or on results day, so long as you get on to your college courses you want to do, your GCSEs won't matter one bit come that first lesson at college in September, because it's all about A level then, and that's what really matters, so as long as you put the work it next year, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you♥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amanii_ox
My birthday is 6 days after Results Day! If my results aren't too good, the time in between is gon be :dontknow::dontknow:

The worst feeling ever is when you forget how u felt about each exam which makes u feel 3576455x nervous bc when the gb come out u'll be like wtfff

I don't think the gb are a good idea for me tbh :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My birthday is on the 25th '-'
Damn! Happy early bday ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miless090
only slightly higher? Last years was awful with low grade boundaries. Surely they'll be a lot higher.

They probably will be. Though I'm probably not the best person to go to when it comes to predicting GB. You may be right though, but again some people did find it pretty hard. :h:
Has anyone's school told them what time thay can come and collect their results?
Original post by JakeMuttitt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm pretty aware and cautious about the fact that A levels will be much harder than GCSE's which does scare me a little. But yeah, I'll have to work quite a bit harder in year 12
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Same here. I don't really want my friends to be asking me in the moment, I wanna tell them once I've got my head around them. If one of us did better than the other it would make things awkward and at least one of us would feel bad.

Why would it make things awkward lol? If anything your friends should be happy if one did better than the other.

You can't be that close if that's your worry lol
I'm just hoping the A* boundary for edexcel maths is at or below 165, though I don't think it will be. People have said that the paper 2 was so easy, leading me to think the grade boundary would be around 168/169 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dizgurl
They probably will be. Though I'm probably not the best person to go to when it comes to predicting GB. You may be right though, but again some people did find it pretty hard. :h:

some found last years easy as well, the GBs were still low.
Original post by TheAnon121
I'm just hoping the A* boundary for edexcel maths is at or below 165, though I don't think it will be. People have said that the paper 2 was so easy, leading me to think the grade boundary would be around 168/169 :frown:

Same! Preferably lower than 165 though. Imo both papers weren't too bad but some questions were worded weirdly and others were time consumming

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest