The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QueenBee98
I will resist it! :rofl: I must! :smile:

Oh trust me you wont resist :smile:
When will WJEC release grade boundaries? They're not replying to tweets/fb/emails 🙄
Original post by Aph
Forensic Investigation sounds very interesting. Something I would definitely consider in a different life.

CSI:TSR :ninjagirl:

Original post by Sacred Ground
University of Greenwich - criminology and criminal psychology @PQ, it looks so interesting, I've always been intrigued by criminal behaviour and the minds of criminals. :smile:

Criminal TSR Minds

I'm getting a crime procedural feel from you lot :biggrin:

How about some Sheffield University ROBOT WARS degree
Original post by ninjass
Oh trust me you wont resist :smile:

I will -- I will fill my time with song and dance! :rofl: :dancing2:
Original post by Windies
Edexcel going to really mess us up with boundaries like they always do :frown: :frown: :frown:

Waiting on maths and chemistry :frown: I really have no faith in them
Kill me now.
Reply 5526
Original post by PQ
CSI:TSR :ninjagirl:

Criminal TSR Minds

I'm getting a crime procedural feel from you lot :biggrin:

How about some Sheffield University ROBOT WARS degree

More like criminal minds :yes: but we all know TSR is filled with serial killers :rofl:

TBH I find crime and crime solving really interesting and something i seriously thought about as a career many times in the past.
I also don't much like robot wars :tongue:
I know realistically looking at the grade boundaries won't help me to gauge where I'm at, because I do humanities - but I just want to see them already to compare against previous years and my mock. :erm:
Impatiently waiting for midnight(ish). :ashamed:
Original post by Aph
I also don't much like robot wars :tongue:

:eek3:

I've got some more fun courses

For the linguaphiles (is that a word - I think I just proved I'm not one) Intercultural Communication with Business Management at UEA - literally professional/business translation :awesome:

For the creative souls/theatre fans: creative writing or Drama and Literature at Essex (also home to THE best lift in a UK university: https://vimeo.com/61719019 )

For the media whores (sorry that's a horrible term): TV and radio production at Salford - study TV/radio IN Media City...on the doorstep of the Beeb and ITV (and a bunch of media production companies).
Original post by MrDystopia
What you applied for/where? All the best of the luck in any case, I'm sure you've done well.

I'm doing AS and A2. Hopefully I'll get enough on Thursday for Bristol but I feel physically sick when I think of results day :/
Reply 5530
Original post by PQ
:eek3:

I've got some more fun courses

For the linguaphiles (is that a word - I think I just proved I'm not one) Intercultural Communication with Business Management at UEA - literally professional/business translation :awesome:

For the creative souls/theatre fans: creative writing or Drama and Literature at Essex (also home to THE best lift in a UK university: https://vimeo.com/61719019 )

For the media whores (sorry that's a horrible term): TV and radio production at Salford - study TV/radio IN Media City...on the doorstep of the Beeb and ITV (and a bunch of media production companies).

That lift is amazing!!! I'd be so tempted to ride under the ground floor and see what happened though :colone:
TBH none of those interest me, what did you do your degree in?
Original post by lawlieto
I also hate A levels because of the same reasons (especially maths A levels, it's like solving questions like a computer without having the faintest idea what you're doing) but my future depends on it so I took them seriously enough. It sounds like you're showing off with having learnt modules the morning before the exam. If your university place depends on your exam results, why haven't you started revising at least a week before?

He's too good for school
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
This is all wrong.

Would you mind elaborating why?
If my results didnt decide whether I got into uni or not I would be sooooo excited, but still I'm excited to see what I got in C4 Edexcel but absolutely terrified for bio ocr
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm doing AS and A2. Hopefully I'll get enough on Thursday for Bristol but I feel physically sick when I think of results day :/

Ah ok. Think it's fairly obvious that's a common reaction so just try your best to keep calm and relax :yy:. Have faith it all went well!
Original post by target21859
He's too good for school

Lol more like I'm a retard who doesn't get his priorities right.
Original post by target21859
He's too good for school
:biggrin: haha
anyone else going to be glued on this website come midnight-8?

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce
Original post by Aph
That lift is amazing!!! I'd be so tempted to ride under the ground floor and see what happened though :colone:
TBH none of those interest me, what did you do your degree in?

None of those would be to my taste either - I'm not a writer or a linguist :no: I even dropped my "with computer science" minor because the syntax of coding drove me up the wall.

I did geology - it was really interesting and changed the way I look at the world and gave me lots of opportunities to learn new skills that have served me well. After maths, physics and chemistry A level the only thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want to do maths, physics or chemistry at university. Then I went on an engineering summer school and ruled that out too and stumbled across geology.

If I was starting again from scratch I think I'd do something like http://aub.ac.uk/courses/ba/ba-modelmaking/ - I love making things (BIG lego fan) and the range of opportunities to make everything from prosthetics and film props/films to architectural models and playing with a bunch of 3d printers/CAD/CNC etc kit sounds utterly amazing. (that's not in clearing though :p: )

This is though: GBBO Foundation Degree at *the* best place for catering/food science degrees in the UK :cool:
Original post by Vannzzoo
If my results didnt decide whether I got into uni or not I would be sooooo excited, but still I'm excited to see what I got in C4 Edexcel but absolutely terrified for bio ocr

I think I have either 70/75 or 73/75 (cant rememebr my answer for the vectors lol) and I think I have 70/75 minimum in c3 so its up to you edexcel bounderies to save me!!!! I am still scared that edexcel c4 will be sky high

Quick Reply

Latest