The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone a new starter this year? Looking for friends. Also studying health studies

Is anyone studying health studies this year?
Or is anyone a first year moving from home and nervous and wanting to make friends?
I'm so scared of moving to Leicester and not knowing anyone it is really daunting.
I'm female, 21 and will be living in a house not the halls which will make it more difficult to meet people so thought I would pop up on here :smile:
Hey! Yes i'm starting on midwifery in september, and have moved here not knowing anyone, also living in my own flat. Also female, 26. Have you moved here already?

Original post by jjjetplane2511
Is anyone studying health studies this year?
Or is anyone a first year moving from home and nervous and wanting to make friends?
I'm so scared of moving to Leicester and not knowing anyone it is really daunting.
I'm female, 21 and will be living in a house not the halls which will make it more difficult to meet people so thought I would pop up on here :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hey :smile: ah right. Bet it's scary. It's a great city though. I don't move until 23rd September as I am staying at New Wharf halls. Am starting to wish that I got a flat or something but ah well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! :biggrin:

We agree Leicester is a great city, and this forum is a great place to start to find other people starting at DMU this year!

But if you are still feeling a bit worried about moving to uni we've got a scheme which pairs you with a like-minded student who has done it all before and is here to help you settle in to life at DMU - you can find out more here.

Otherwise, feel free to drop us a line!
Original post by De Montfort Students’ Union
Hello! :biggrin:

We agree Leicester is a great city, and this forum is a great place to start to find other people starting at DMU this year!

But if you are still feeling a bit worried about moving to uni we've got a scheme which pairs you with a like-minded student who has done it all before and is here to help you settle in to life at DMU - you can find out more here.

Otherwise, feel free to drop us a line!

Lovely, thank you. On the details form, what is the P number? Also is this available from the beginning of term or asap? Thanks.
Original post by emmylou90
Lovely, thank you. On the details form, what is the P number? Also is this available from the beginning of term or asap? Thanks.

Our mistake - you won't have this yet (you get it from the university when you enrol) but if you just type 'new student' into that box it should work. :smile:

The scheme starts for you pretty much as soon as possible after you arrive and we've also got some special MyUniPal events during Freshers! Find out more here and here.

Hope this helps, and we look forward to seeing you soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest