The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Where are the AQA mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
I am, I'm not going to bother with clearing if I end up in it and just reapply to my firm uni, that's the one I 100% want to go too, whatever it takes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm reapplying as well! Ain't my ass going through clearing 😭😭😭
Original post by Jitesh
Has TSR suffered from the exam season changes? :frown:

I don't really understand why it's changed but it definitely has - I also pop onto the current threads for people applying for the same course I do to offer any help/advice/reassurance that I can through the application process (my course always interviews applicants and it all gets a little stressful and you are left waiting for offers for ages) and this year and last year has been much quieter then 2014 when I applied.
Original post by Aph
Can you not work it out yourself? I even programmed an excel sheat to do it for me (and differentiate between A & A* :tongue:) but it's not much work to add a few numbers together.

well I already have the amount of UMS points I need to achieve my grades this year written down so realistically I don't really need it but knowing me pedantic self, I'll be checking and rechecking lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jitesh
Has TSR suffered from the exam season changes? :frown:

It has, yes. :frown:
Original post by lawlieto
I think S2 grade boundaries will be high, like 70 for an A* (I think grade boundaries will be more or less the same as last year)
I actually found that exam easy-ish, but there was a lot of "non-S2" algebra stuff involved, and algebra is my strength, so I may have found it easy because of that. I was surprised to see the S2 poll and that more people found it hard than OK, but last year's poll had similar results and high grade boundaries

I may be wrong and grade boundaries will be low. It's 5 pm so we still have 7 hours to speculate :biggrin: :biggrin:

Personally, I found it straightforward but it was generally a harder paper than usual. The area question will throw people off, so will the first unusually structured one, also logs with inequalities usually catches a few out.

67 for A* I think.
Original post by usycool1
It has, yes. :frown:

I still don't fully understand the changes to AS levels.. as in the motive behind it...

Wales and NI still have AS levels that count... right?

Nor do I understand how resitting an exam and relearning the content in the first place was counter-productive? Learning meant improving and reflecting on mistakes!
At one of my schools they entered everyone they thought would fail into AS for a certain subject so they can resit or kick them out if they do badly :redface:
Original post by DesignPredator
Personally, I found it straightforward but it was generally a harder paper than usual. The area question will throw people off, so will the first unusually structured one, also logs with inequalities usually catches a few out.

67 for A* I think.

What was that area question? Are we talking about edexcel S2? (I may have forgotten it)

The first one... I had to think for ages how to calculate variance :biggrin:
Original post by jn998
Has anyone else done these AS exams?
OCR MEI: C1,C2,S1,D1,M1,FP1
OCR A Chemistry Breadth/Depth
OCR A Physics Breadth/Depth
AQA Economics Micro/Macro

If so how did you find them/any predictions of grade boundaries?

I did Chemistry A OCR and these were the easiest papers i have even done, i guess because it was first year smth like a trial(compared to last years modular exams). Thats why i'm expecting quite high grade boundaries as many people found it easy. It probably 50/60 for an A for breadth and something like 78-80/ 100 for an A for Depth. Heard that physics papers werent hard as well.

Anyways, lets hope for lower!

Good luck!
I keep getting clearing offers from my insurance , telegraph, TSR - is this a sign? Lol 😂
Original post by Jitesh
I still don't fully understand the changes to AS levels.. as in the motive behind it...

Wales and NI still have AS levels that count... right?

Nor do I understand how resitting an exam and relearning the content in the first place was counter-productive? Learning meant improving and reflecting on mistakes!

All because of this muppet

(actually that's unfair to muppets - they're lovely)
Original post by Mvoykov
I did Chemistry A OCR and these were the easiest papers i have even done, i guess because it was first year smth like a trial(compared to last years modular exams). Thats why i'm expecting quite high grade boundaries as many people found it easy. It probably 50/60 for an A for breadth and something like 78-80/ 100 for an A for Depth. Heard that physics papers werent hard as well.

Good luck!

The depth was easier imo than breadth so I think it could even be as high as 84/85!
Reply 5573
Original post by PQ
All because of this muppet

(actually that's unfair to muppets - they're lovely)

PRSOM.

And then he helped to take us out of the EU!!! He really hates children doesn't he.
Will OCR A2 boundaries for maths and physics be out at midnight tonight?
Original post by AstroNandos

Not sure what exact time they'll be out, but I'm sure they will :smile: just keep your eyes peeled

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
The depth was easier imo than breadth so I think it could even be as high as 84/85!

I dont think its going to be more than 80%, but new spec new grade boundaries, who knows. :biggrin:
Reply 5577
Original post by Mvoykov

Good luck!

Do you mean 78-80% for the Depth? The paper was the same length as the breadth, only 70 marks

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h034-h434/
Original post by AstroNandos

If it's like last year:

Edexcel: 00:00
AQA: 08:00
OCR: 08:00

Can't remember WJEC but I have a feeling it was on results day.
Original post by Mvoykov
I dont think its going to be more than 80%, but new spec new grade boundaries, who knows. :biggrin:

It was easier than the past papers, I'm pretty sure everyone over prepared due to the difficulty of the papers they had provided... I was expecting a solid test!

Most of the questions were recycled too from the old spec, bar a couple

Quick Reply