The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hudamh
Can I ask what the point is in reapplying. Unless you resit, how does it make a difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was wondering that as well. If you miss the grades reapplying to the same university is kinda ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since AS Results Day is on a Thursday, I think my results will be bad. Trust me, whenever something bad will happen to me in the week, it will almost always happen on a Thursday.

Damn, I've failed.
Reply 5622
Original post by asmuse123
Since AS Results Day is on a Thursday, I think my results will be bad. Trust me, whenever something bad will happen to me in the week, it will almost always happen on a Thursday.

Damn, I've failed.

Ummmm you know all results days ever will be on a Thursday...

Damn, I've failed.

I don't know what it is about Thursday's but they really do seem to suck.*
Original post by victoria98
Edexcel C4 was 69 for an A (72 for an A*) in January 2011. I think that paper was easier than ours though. I hope they aren't that high :s-smilie: (need that A*)

I think it will be 70 for an A* in C4 and 66 in C3 but I'm no pro
Original post by Aph
Ummmm you know all results days ever will be on a Thursday...

Exactly, and I've always found them to lower than my predicted results, even though I didn't revise any less than in Spring Term.
(edited 7 years ago)

Damn, I've failed.

[video="youtube;YJWX1XiS-TU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWX1XiS-TU[/video]
Original post by mahmzo
So edexcel is midnight, AQA is 8am when is OCR

Their Twitter account is reporting 08:00 at the latest. Could be earlier than that, apparently they were released at 01:00 last year but I can't confirm that.
Original post by mliela
I was wondering that as well. If you miss the grades reapplying to the same university is kinda ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you'd have to resit the papers - though I don't get how it is "ridiculous" if it is your dream uni? I worked extremely hard for my Oxford offer though along with the fact that I had 8 exams across 11 days (a lot of clashes) I could not focus and I made a lot of mistakes. It is a risk reapplying to Oxbridge because it can go wrong on so many levels yet I think it's worth it. I'd rather go there than some random uni chosen under pressure.
:rofl: at the instant reps from the hootoo crew (you know who you are :yes: )

hootoo

I'm not getting any of these UCAS emails :frown: I feel left out!
Original post by ninjass
I am curious here - who here is considering taking a gap year rather than go into clearing if results dont go to plan. It looks like the latter is the most popular option here althugh I feel its better to take a year out and then reapply to a uni you want to go rather than choosing a uni at quick notice (and the majority of times you wont have seen it before) and regetting it for 3/4 years?

On top of the fact that I can't find a university in clearing I like, I'll just take a year out, work a bit, and re-apply, maybe retaking a subject too. I just don't want to push myself when I'm not sure what's on the other side.
Has anyone else been having panic attacks thinking about Thursday?
Reply 5633
Original post by patricio_miguel
Of course you'd have to resit the papers - though I don't get how it is "ridiculous" if it is your dream uni? I worked extremely hard for my Oxford offer though along with the fact that I had 8 exams across 11 days (a lot of clashes) I could not focus and I made a lot of mistakes. It is a risk reapplying to Oxbridge because it can go wrong on so many levels yet I think it's worth it. I'd rather go there than some random uni chosen under pressure.

I agree with you - the likelihood is you will get in a year later anyway. If you think 8 in 11 days is bad, try having all 5 A2 exams in the space of three days :smile:
Original post by MessyEffy
anyone else going to be glued on this website come midnight-8?

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

I've just tried this out and, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to insist that one must get an A in AS (and then of course 90% UMS average in A2) to get an A* overall?...

I thought we only need 80% UMS average in AS+A2 plus 90% UMS avg in A2 to get an A*?

So have I made a mistake by saying it doesn't matter if we got an A or not at AS so long it has enough UMS to contribute to that 80% overall then we can get an A* by obtaining 90% across A2? Or is this calculator incorrect in this?... :s-smilie:
So will Edexcel results be released 6 am on the 18th?
Reply 5636
Original post by MoonVirgo
I've just tried this out and, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to insist that one must get an A in AS (and then of course 90% UMS average in A2) to get an A* overall?...

I thought we only need 80% UMS average in AS+A2 plus 90% UMS avg in A2 to get an A*?

So have I made a mistake by saying it doesn't matter if we got an A or not at AS so long it has enough UMS to contribute to that 80% overall then we can get an A* by obtaining 90% across A2? Or is this calculator incorrect in this?... :s-smilie:

You could have a B at AS and get an A* by getting 90% averaged across both A2 units. If your ums adds up to 360 out of 400 :smile:
Original post by enyav
I agree with you - the likelihood is you will get in a year later anyway. If you think 8 in 11 days is bad, try having all 5 A2 exams in the space of three days :smile:

Bless you haha! It was so depressing seeing my timetable : 6,9,9,10,10,14,14,15😂😂😂 (10days - my bad haha)
What do you do if you haven't made a UCAS application because you were going to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and see a course you like in clearing....?
Is it too late?
Original post by FishCakeSoup
Has anyone else been having panic attacks thinking about Thursday?

panic attack is an understatement!

Quick Reply