The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

325 mins till i have a better idea of my fate...
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Who did the AQA M1 exam? I am annoyed a at the 10 marker they put at the end of the exam. Didn't lose all the marks on the question but still :s-smilie:

Same got about 5 marks on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninjass
325 mins till i have a better idea of my fate...

5 hours?
Original post by xxvine
What do you do if you haven't made a UCAS application because you were going to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and see a course you like in clearing....?
Is it too late?

It is not too late. Your careers person will be able to help on Thursday. *
Original post by xxvine
What do you do if you haven't made a UCAS application because you were going to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and see a course you like in clearing....?
Is it too late?

no, call them up
Original post by patricio_miguel
Of course you'd have to resit the papers - though I don't get how it is "ridiculous" if it is your dream uni? I worked extremely hard for my Oxford offer though along with the fact that I had 8 exams across 11 days (a lot of clashes) I could not focus and I made a lot of mistakes. It is a risk reapplying to Oxbridge because it can go wrong on so many levels yet I think it's worth it. I'd rather go there than some random uni chosen under pressure.

I've met a lot of people in a similar situation as you. Sometimes one has to realise that Oxbridge is not the be all and end all. What if you don't get in next year? You may end up wasting your own time. But good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enyav
You could have a B at AS and get an A* by getting 90% averaged across both A2 units. If your ums adds up to 360 out of 400 :smile:

Yeah thank you I thought the same for the first part too. But do we have to get an overall of 360, or just 320 out of 400 is enough because it is stated that only an A overall (i.e. 80% UMS which is 320/400) is needed (along with the 90% avg at A2) for an A*??...
Reply 5647
Original post by patricio_miguel
Bless you haha! It was so depressing seeing my timetable : 6,9,9,10,10,14,14,15😂😂😂 (10days - my bad haha)

Ikr - I looked at my timetable and I was like you have got to be kidding, I had to rush straight from one exam to the other, but tbh some were a lot worse off. One of my friends had 19 exams (including resits), so I'm not complaining!!
Reply 5648
Original post by MoonVirgo
Yeah thank you I thought the same for the first part too. But do we have to get an overall of 360, or just 320 out of 400 is enough because it is stated that only an A overall (i.e. 80% UMS which is 320/400) is needed (along with the 90% avg at A2) for an A*??...

An A (which is 320 out of 400) plus 90% in your A2 units averaged will be an A*. So an A at AS plus 90% overall in your A2 units will give you at least 360 out of 400 - A*
Original post by asmuse123
5 hours?

Edexcel bounderies
Original post by enyav
An A (which is 320 out of 400) plus 90% in your A2 units averaged will be an A*. So an A at AS plus 90% overall in your A2 units will give you at least 360 out of 400 - A*

Ahh ok I see what you meant now, I mistook it as like we needed 360 overall to get an A*, phew lol.
Anybody here do political ideologies? I'm actually scared lol
Anybody here sit political ideologies? I'm actually scared lol
When do AQA AS grade boundaries come out? 😖
How do people know what time their exam board will upload grade boundaries :lol:
Can I try for adjustment for a course that is not on the clearing list?
Original post by xxvine
Is it too late?

Ring the universities you're interested in once you have your results (and speak to your school/college about getting a reference - it might be worth emailing them to ask as your referee is likely to be in tomorrow sorting through results so you'll give them some warning).

If the universities you like insist you apply via UCAS then you'll also need a personal statement but that shouldn't be difficult to write over the next day.

UCAS Apply is down at the moment but it'll be up on Thursday to use IF your universities say they need you to apply that way so it's a good plan to be prepared to get it sent off on Thursday.
Original post by Pato1
Can I try for adjustment for a course that is not on the clearing list?

You can ring. Be prepared for a short sharp NO though.
Original post by MoonVirgo
I've just tried this out and, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to insist that one must get an A in AS (and then of course 90% UMS average in A2) to get an A* overall?...

I thought we only need 80% UMS average in AS+A2 plus 90% UMS avg in A2 to get an A*?

So have I made a mistake by saying it doesn't matter if we got an A or not at AS so long it has enough UMS to contribute to that 80% overall then we can get an A* by obtaining 90% across A2? Or is this calculator incorrect in this?... :s-smilie:

honestly I thought it was just me!
I'm so glad it's the calculator and not my grades lmao. I'm pretty sure it's the calculator
Reply 5659
Grade boundries need to come soon. My only worry is that AEA I don't think my guess is accurate (moderate overestimate) but maths and physics grades are reasonably accurate...mi hope

Quick Reply

Latest