The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninjass
I think I have either 70/75 or 73/75 (cant rememebr my answer for the vectors lol) and I think I have 70/75 minimum in c3 so its up to you edexcel bounderies to save me!!!! I am still scared that edexcel c4 will be sky high

Sadly, I think that the grade boundaries for C4 will be very high. The only two questions which might have got students off-guard was the vector question which was worth slightly more marks than usual, and the unexpected arcsine graph.

Other than that, I remember most of the paper being relatively easy when you compare it with past papers, especially the integral with substitution and the differential equations question.

Can't be definite with my prediction, but it is likely to have high grade boundaries in my eyes. Just gotta wait and see!
Original post by xxvine
Anybody here sit political ideologies? I'm actually scared lol

I did ideologies :tongue:
Original post by hudamh
Does anyone know what time WJEC reveal grade boundries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was at midnight
Anyone know what time the grade boundaries come out for edexcel? I'll be up all night tonight otherwise XD
@PQ I got an e mail late yesterday from my insurance Exeter with my name and course (rather than just generic) about increase in fees. Does this mean I've been rejected by my firm? By late yesterday presumably exeter would have known if I hadn't been accepted by my firm?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I did ideologies :tongue:

You confident?
Original post by PQ
All because of this muppet

(actually that's unfair to muppets - they're lovely)

I don't know why this made me laugh so much but thanks because I needed it haha
Aqa website says Gb are out 8am but their Twitter claims its 9:30am? Does anyone know anymore since AQA don't even know themselves?!:tongue:
Original post by xxvine
You confident?

Ermmm, no, not at all. :lol: The 15 markers were the death of me. :erm:

Which questions did you do?
No emails from UCAS / Unis
And a fake email telling me to send KCL my results sheets / certificates l0l.
Original post by Dictionarydog
@PQ I got an e mail late yesterday from my insurance Exeter with my name and course (rather than just generic) about increase in fees. Does this mean I've been rejected by my firm? By late yesterday presumably exeter would have known if I hadn't been accepted by my firm?

That's a generic letter I'm afraid. Their lawyers have told them they need to email all applicants about increasing fees before results. It doesn't relate to your status.

Original post by enyav
What do you do if you haven't found enough courses in clearing for the course that you want to do? I checked a few days ago and there were at least 10 courses still in clearing, between 4 different unis, but now there are only 2 courses between two unis that I would actually want to go to. You say you should get lots of offers and then decide, but what if you only have 2 clearing choices for the courses that you want?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks

You've got 2 choices in that situation unfortunately (well 3 if you count - apply for the 2 courses and pick one of those if you get an offer)
- take a gap year and reapply - you'll have a lot more options available
- be more flexible about your choice of course or university. There's often similar courses available if you're willing to consider something a little different.

Original post by yoli1998
Ah okay I see. And how many clearing choices do we get?

You can only refer yourself on Track to one clearing choice (but if the university don't confirm it or you ask nicely then you'll be unplaced again and can re add a clearing choice).
Original post by TheMouseyS
Anyone know what time the grade boundaries come out for edexcel? I'll be up all night tonight otherwise XD

Should be out at midnight, like the previous 2 years. Last year they said 8am on twitter, but I remember it was out at midnight anyway; I don't it'll be changed this year.
Original post by The_Big_E
Sadly, I think that the grade boundaries for C4 will be very high. The only two questions which might have got students off-guard was the vector question which was worth slightly more marks than usual, and the unexpected arcsine graph.

Other than that, I remember most of the paper being relatively easy when you compare it with past papers, especially the integral with substitution and the differential equations question.

Can't be definite with my prediction, but it is likely to have high grade boundaries in my eyes. Just gotta wait and see!

I hope you are wrong in your prediction :smile:))
Reply 5693
Original post by PQ

You've got 2 choices in that situation unfortunately (well 3 if you count - apply for the 2 courses and pick one of those if you get an offer)
- take a gap year and reapply - you'll have a lot more options available
- be more flexible about your choice of course or university. There's often similar courses available if you're willing to consider something a little different.

Thought so, thank you! One more question, is it not acceptable to approach a university directly, for a course that isn't in clearing but one where you at least have the grades for? As the courses that I wanted earlier on the week aren't in clearing anymore, so does this mean I can't enquire about them and ask to speak to an admissions officer?
Original post by Craig1998
Question. When grade boundaries are released, will it be easy to calculate the UMS achieved for a grade not on the boundary, like if 70 is 90 UMS, what would 72 be? I need an average of 91 in FP2 and FP3 for an A* in further maths which I really want.

Anyone?
Anyone?

Most exam boards have a converter you can use. I know aqa do and I think edexcel do, which boards are you on?
Reply 5696
Anyone?

If you do the maths (excuse the pun lol), then you can work out what one ums is worth and then work it out accordingly. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by NotNotBatman
Should be out at midnight, like the previous 2 years. Last year they said 8am on twitter, but I remember it was out at midnight anyway; I don't it'll be changed this year.

midnight according to which country? as it will be midnight after 1 hour where I live
Original post by xxvine
Anybody here sit political ideologies? I'm actually scared lol

yes🙋🏼
Time to drink bleach on Thursday!!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest