The Student Room Group

Muslims "in the crosshairs of bigotry"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
The point is, Indonesia, being 90+% Muslim, surely would be equally or more ****ed up than the Middle East, with more conflict and constant mass terror attacks? But oh, it isn't. It has had one minor terror attack this year, whereas the Middle East has had thousands, and has many active terrorist/militant groups.

So your theory about Islam being the cause is simply not true. The cause is because the Middle East is an isolated desert with limited connection to the outside world, poor living standards, therefore a fertile environment for corrupt regimes, and a conflict has emerged which has catalysed the whole thing. Islam just happens to reside there. If Syria was 100% Christian, we would be seeing Christian extremist attacks all across the world too.

Islam isn't the cause. There is no single cause for the state of the middle east, to deny the massive role Islam has played in the current state is equivalent to sticking your head in the sand. The islamic state is kinda founded on islamic principles; child molestation, misogyny, intolerance (i.e killing non muslims and gays), based on the life of mohammed and his teachings.

A christian state of iraq and syria that followed the teachings and the life of jesus would actually be quite a nice place.
Original post by D3LLI5
Islam isn't the cause. There is no single cause for the state of the middle east, to deny the massive role Islam has played in the current state is equivalent to sticking your head in the sand. The islamic state is kinda founded on islamic principles; child molestation, misogyny, intolerance (i.e killing non muslims and gays), based on the life of mohammed and his teachings.

A christian state of iraq and syria that followed the teachings and the life of jesus would actually be quite a nice place.

It seems that you've let IS propaganda brainwash you, just like all of the malleable, hateful tools on this website.

I'll refer you back to my example of Indonesia, why is the highest Muslim population country not tearing itself apart if Islam plays a 'massive role' in the problem?

Its because Islam isn't a significant factor, the Assad regime is the main factor in Syria. A dictator who barrel bombed his own civilians, backed by one of the biggest superpowers and a large army - combined with the Arab spring, Syria has turned into a warzone, and not because of Islam.

Blaming Islam is a dumb and unrealistic way of helping the situation. Muslims aren't going to convert in mass to atheism if you tell them that their religion is pedophilic or misogynistic, its their way of life - to some people in this world, democracy is a poor way of life. But generally Muslims are happy with it and they don't incorporate the bad parts of the Quran into their peaceful lives. Its just that the Syrian Civil War and other conflict have catalysed the existence of groups like ISIS which are radicalised and motivated to manipulate the Quran to suit their own needs.

And oh yes, we would see Christian terrorists worldwide if a country in mass of their population underwent a war similar to this. War radicalises people, not a heart-filled desire to save your religion.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Facebook was blowing up with Muslims blaming Trump for this, assuming that it was a hate crime before we even knew who the shooter was. Dat logic. It seems that now all murders of Muslims are automatically hate crimes, regardless of who did it and motive. Mental, really.

Some are even still doing it even though we now know the guy is Hispanic. Cause Hispanics sure are likely to take Trump's lead on things*:laugh:

It's just a shame that apparently muslims killing other muslims is not considered a hate crime. Apparently, that's A-OK, and it's not okay.
Original post by *Alisha*
I agree, there's like 1.6 billion Muslims out there and if these two men had done nothing, then why was there a need to kill them?

it is horrible, these guys im sure were jsut innocent people who wouldnt do anything to anyone. there are penty of islamists in the world that preach backward edicts and cause division with other faiths etc - why cant these ppl ever be on the receiving end of nutcases like this instead of innocent ppl. anjem choudury just got convicted today in the uk, which is a good thing- hopefully he is first of many thousand more.
Reply 44
You have no concept of diversity. Marrying younger people was the social norm in the Middle East 1500 years ago, deal with it. Quite obviously at least 95% of Muslims nowadays are self-aware enough to not marry 9 year olds. Our way of society isn't the only way of society.

No. You are quite right, it is not.

But within our society it is the only way. We have every right to protect it as much as possible. And if they don't want to accept our way, then they can **** off to some country that is ok with archaic ideas.

An ideology that actively preaches hate of women and gays, and well frankly anyone that isn't a follower (and before you say most Muslims aren't hateful of non-Muslims, well that's just because they choose to be, it is not what their religion says though), has no place here.
Reply 45
Wait, so you hate democracy?

You have it from AperfectBalance guys, my society, democracy, is terrible

I'm not a Muslim lol

Your whole "I am not a Muslim but protecting Muslims" spiel is getting tired. Your arguments have no more value because of it. When he says "your way" he clearly meant the Muslim way. You are not being clever trying to show people up by revealing after some argument that you aren't Muslim, just supporting them.
Reply 46
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37079910

According to the New York mayor, in response to the shooting of two Muslims outside a mosque. I think he is absolutely right, we cannot let ourselves collectively incriminate all Muslims for the actions of the few.

All im going to say is blame Saudi Arabia
Reply 47
What about Moses the plague-spreading terrorist?

The Christian religion is more than just the Old Testament. In addition, it is neither as strict as Islam in how you are supposed to read the Bible/Quran, nor is it as unwilling to change its values (goes back to the first point, what it says in the Quran should count for eternity). Moreover, no one is saying that e.g. the Church is amazing. But unlike Islam, it also isn't dangerous.
Reply 48
Neither are Mohamed's

Ahahaha.

Are you just a troll, or the biggest cuck on this site?
Reply 49
If Islam is the cause of these things, then why is there such little terrorism in the highest population Muslim countries (India, Indonesia, etc)?

The answer is that Islam isn't the cause. The Quran is open to interpretation, terrorists aren't 'following it to the word', they are manipulating it to justify their actions.

Because it was introduced there and the people adapted it based on their existing culture. The Islam in other areas, mainly the ME, has a direct line to ol' Mo's perversions.
Worst thing Islam could have done was start moving into Western society. In their own little (3rd) worlds they could fester alone, sold their oil and got on with life. But Western society as a whole is cracking down a lot on societal cancers, especially one so outdated as Islam. Only thing them doing arriving in Europe is putting their own religion under immense scrutiny which they won't come back from, and it's just gonna build up tensions to a breaking point, and they'll be the ones breaking.

If Islam went under immense reform I wouldn't have a problem, it is how it is right now that is the problem, and you cannot say that Islam has nothing to do with recent terror events because there is one religion that is consistently inspiring them.

Also as a side note any country that has adopted Islam has basically turned to crap. Sorry but not sorry it's true.
Reply 51
Neither are Mohamed's

Ahahaha.

Are you just a troll, or the biggest cuck on this site?
Original post by Dodgypirate
Targeting individual Muslims is wrong on so many levels.

Criticising a backward and oppressive ideology isn't.

/thread

I was thinking this myself. Sure the religion has many flaws, as do all of them. But oppressing individual (or a small group of) people based solely on the fact they identify as muslim is just plain wrong.
Original post by JoshDawg
Worst thing Islam could have done was start moving into Western society. In their own little (3rd) worlds they could fester alone, sold their oil and got on with life. But Western society as a whole is cracking down a lot on societal cancers, especially one so outdated as Islam. Only thing them doing arriving in Europe is putting their own religion under immense scrutiny which they won't come back from, and it's just gonna build up tensions to a breaking point, and they'll be the ones breaking.

If Islam went under immense reform I wouldn't have a problem, it is how it is right now that is the problem, and you cannot say that Islam has nothing to do with recent terror events because there is one religion that is consistently inspiring them.

Also as a side note any country that has adopted Islam has basically turned to crap. Sorry but not sorry it's true.

Well the UAE do ok for themselves. I'd imagine Kurdistan would do alright too if they were granted independence.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37079910

According to the New York mayor, in response to the shooting of two Muslims outside a mosque. I think he is absolutely right, we cannot let ourselves collectively incriminate all Muslims for the actions of the few.

He is right, though many try to deny it. Sure you get the idiot who cries "Islamophobia" for stupid reasons (such as the dinner lady accidentally serving their child pork), which is almost always publicised but there are many people trying to downplay the scope of bigotry against Muslims, and that will not make the problem go away. An example is the case of people denying that the burkini ban in some parts of France had anything to do with bigotry, despite that women who wear them were slandered as being affiliated to terrorists.

It's probably one of the most normalised forms of bigotry around nowadays.
If Islam is the cause of these things, then why is there such little terrorism in the highest population Muslim countries (India, Indonesia, etc)?

The answer is that Islam isn't the cause. The Quran is open to interpretation, terrorists aren't 'following it to the word', they are manipulating it to justify their actions.

Are you joking? India has lots of terrorism. Usually cross-border terrorism coming from Pakistan
However, very few Muslims from India actually engage in terrorist activity. Less terrorists have gone from India to join ISIS compared to the numbers from Western countries, even though the population of India is massive.
Who says it's 'A-OK'?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Who says it's 'A-OK'?

Mostly the other Muslims doing the killing.
Almost all religions are bigoted because they say that you won't have a luxurious afterlife unless you do xyz, or that you have to do xyz every day.

Its an egotistical thing, people doing good onto others solely for their own self-gain of getting into the religions equivalent of heaven

So grow up before crying about how I need to research these things
Original post by IndianMuslim
Are you joking? India has lots of terrorism. Usually cross-border terrorism coming from Pakistan
However, very few Muslims from India actually engage in terrorist activity. Less terrorists have gone from India to join ISIS compared to the numbers from Western countries, even though the population of India is massive.

Lol I just got back from India 3 days ago, very different experience from Syria I imagine

maybe it has 'lots of terrorism', but relative to the Middle East? Practically none.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending